Advanced search  

News:

There is no news - all is well.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Members: 35  •  Posts: 8037  •  Topics: 486  • 
Please welcome Fallen Templar, our newest member.

Author Topic: The Eye Closes (The Eye of Terror Epilogue)  (Read 18694 times)

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
  • The Rampaging Chorus of Shadow
Re: The Eye Closes (The Eye of Terror Epilogue)
« Reply #60 on: June 23, 2022, 01:57:19 PM »
Gulgrim huffs in annoyance as his opponent quits the battlefield, the roaring blast of WAAAGH!!! energy barreling past and crashing through several probably important bits of machinery and computers. Grots quickly swarmed the area and began to slap the pieces back together while the Warboss stood, the flaming fist in place of his cybork arm snuffing out, leaving the Ork looking oddly lopsided.

"Feh. Stupid gits always runnin' away when da fight gets gud." Gulgrim's disappointment was palpable as his voice calmed to its usual booming presence, but he turned to look at the rest of the companions even as he stomped over to a nearby computer console and began inputting commands. "You lot still in one piece? Feh. Dem uvver grots must not'a been dat tough. Dunno why tall lad's spikey 'alf would wanna join up wif 'em."

As he input commands into the console while talking, there was the sound of gears turning and chains rattling as a door to one side began to open, revealing one of several Mek workshops Gulgrim has throughout his krooza. As the others reconvened, the Warboss entered the shop and began to get to work tinkering, likely to replace his arm once again.

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
    • To the Bitter End - Warcraft III Mod
(God-mod post for Jharm)
« Reply #61 on: June 28, 2022, 08:17:55 AM »
Jharm's fist, suffused with holy light, is moments from pounding the tall tirthandara's face in when he is suddenly snared by tendrils of energy and pulled through an unexpected Warp Gate.  Its target vanishing at the last moment, the punch goes through thin air for a split second before cleanly shearing yet another massive metal beam in half.

Though the enemy escaped, Jharm feels relief at this sight of Kitharsis still there.  He glances quickly at the strange figure of the newcomer but senses no evil or hostility there - that introduction was important but could wait for now.  Giving a nod of thanks to Jihon, he quickly walks toward the shaman and his friend.

The tone of the Shaman's words don't escape him.  He crouches down near Kitharsis and the shaman.

His voice is gentle and conveys his care and concern: "how is he?"

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
« Reply #62 on: June 29, 2022, 03:31:00 AM »
The beam sabre hisses and sizzles against the tall tirthandara's arm, Jihon gritting his teeth as he increases its power output and braces the triton's feet.

Then suddenly the resistance disappears as his foe is snatched away into a Warp Gate.  The unexpected change in the center of gravity throws Jihon's triton off-balance, and it slams hard and gracelessly into a nearby generator.  The wonky orkish contraption detonates with a deafening boom and an electrical crackle that surges through the Triton's systems several lights and panels in the cockpit go dark.

Inside the Triton warning light goes off as a safety interlock overloads.  With a whirr and a hiss, the cockpit to the Triton opens a small crack.  Jihon doesn't notice, his eyes instead fixed grimly on another warning indicator.

Damn.  Only a few minutes left at best...

Jihon leverages his Triton back onto its feet, turning off the beam sabre and holstering it, before putting his hands on his hips.

In a cheerful tone he says, "sorry about that, hope that thing wasn't powering anything too important".

A trickle of blood flows through the open crack of the Triton's cockpit and begins to drip to the floor...

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
« Reply #63 on: June 29, 2022, 03:40:16 AM »
Soul Reaver's aggressive stance drops almost the instant that all three of the dark Tirthandara make their sudden exit.  He scowls, but has more important things to worry about now.

His gaze goes from Kitharsis to the newcomer and back.  After a moment's hesitation, he makes his way toward Kitharsis, though without taking his eyes off the robed figure.  He sends another message his way.

Thank you for your assistance.  Right now I must look to my companion.  We will talk soon.

Soul Reaver joins Jharm.  He glances at Kitharsis and the shaman as Jharm asks the same question he would have asked: "how is he?"

Offline Fallen Templar

• Scout
« Reply #64 on: July 05, 2022, 07:38:05 PM »
With the enemy's retreat, the newcomer's posture relaxed somewhat. As it became apparent that no counterattack would be forthcoming, so too did the aura of gravitic distortion cease. A curt nod was given in Soul Reaver's direction as he sent another telepathic message, leaving the robed figure to its own devices for the time being. In quite an... unusually chaotic locale.

It was clearly some manner of facility or starship, with seemingly everything right down to the deck panels arranged in an alarmingly ramshackle fashion. And despite this, it all seemed to work just fine. Or fine enough, perhaps. This couldn't have all been down to collateral damage from the battle. Had it always been like this?

A detailed analysis of the surroundings could come later. For now, the stranger's attention was drawn to another of Soul Reaver's compatriots, this one a mighty war machine made of unquestionably un-Orkish technology. The machine was battered and broken, and whatever creature piloting it wasn't fairing much better if the trickle of blood was anything to go by. There was very little the stranger could do for the latter - organic beings were typically easier to replace than repair - but for the mech itself? So very much more.

The stranger approached the Triton, carefully scrutinising it from every angle, taking note of both the damage and how it was constructed. Some elements may require synthesising, but on the whole it seemed repairable. The figure said nothing as it raised its four arms, palms outstretched and pointed toward the now-ruined generator. Such a convenient source of spare matter for base metals would not go to waste. From each hand came a ray of golden light, dissolving the wreckage in its glow with surprising speed. By the end, there was only a neat, clear space where the generator once stood.

Soon after, the Triton was bathed in that same light. The only difference was what happened next. Cracks in the armour flowed shut as if they were liquid, while dents realigned themselves to their original shape. The repairs extended as far as the machine's internals, progressing faster than a team of mechanics could manage. There was only the occasional pause while the figure would walk around the Triton to get a better angle. The more complex internal components were slower going, requiring the synthesis of the proper materials along with the knowledge of how it all fit together. Nevertheless, the stranger persevered in its efforts.

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
  • Who wants to build a sand castle?
« Reply #65 on: July 11, 2022, 10:48:46 PM »
A gentle breeze, full of warmth, wanders through the Krooza.  It circles the bridge before washing over The Shaman and Kitharsis in a rush.  Kitharsis opens his eyes.

With a slight grunt, he sits up while rubbing his head.  His once rigid mohawk lies against his head, flowing more freely.  His once light grey skin now tan and more vibrant than before.

He looks to Jharm, Soul Reaver, then The Shaman.  Kitharsis smiles, relieved to see his friends once more.  But the joy quickly fades, as he realizes the trouble he has caused them.

"I owe you all an apology."  He attempts to stand, but wobbly legs betray his intentions.  He lets loose a large sigh as he sits back. 

The Shaman shakes his head.

"You failed in your duty."  He says, solemnly.  "You swore to never succumb to that evil.  And yet here we are."

The Shaman gestures to Jharm and Soul Reaver.  "If not for them you, this you would have been destroyed also.  They still wanted you destroyed even after separating you from their Source."

Kitharsis rubs his chin, his eyes distant.

"It's like waking up after a terrible dream."  He frowns, "No, not a dream.  There was a fog, a sludge surrounding me for so long."  He looks to The Shaman.  "It was inevitable.  I was slowly drowning in that evil.  It's like I'm taking the first breath of fresh air since my transformation."

The Shaman simply nods.  "I did not foresee this outcome.  I believed in your strength, but nothing like this.  I still can't fathom what happened here."

"I am released of my chains."  Kitharsis says, simply.  "But I now know there are other Tirthandara in the multiverse.  My quest to cleanse the Source remains.  I may be cut off from it, but if I can reach it some day I know I can purge this evil once and for all."

The Shaman rises to his feet, his strength returning.  "Then your path is clear.  You must continue on your quest.  And you must discover your strength."

The Shaman looks to Jharm and Soul Reaver.  "If you will have him, I will allow him to continue to travel with you.  He will do no good sitting around in a shack in the desert."

Kitharsis stands, reaching his full height.  He dons the tatters of a rugged cloak.  His equipment long gone.  Likely destroyed during the separation inside the barrier.

"Please allow me to atone.  I was overcome by the god of Chaos, and my weakness has caused you all trouble."  He bows his head.  "I still need to recover, but I do feel some remnants of power."

The Shaman clears his throat abruptly, before either of them can respond.  "Regardless, I must return.  I was in the middle of a transcendence ceremony before I was alerted.  I am in your debt, all of you.  I am at your disposal if you ever need my assistance.  May we meet again." With a quick bow, The Shaman activates a relic he produced from somewhere.  A warp gate opens behind him, and he deftly hops backwards into it before it snaps shut.

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
    • First post after joining the board battles
« Reply #66 on: July 13, 2022, 05:08:03 PM »
The Seraphim watches silently as Kitharsis rises and he and The Shaman converse.

The Shaman looks to Jharm and Soul Reaver.  "If you will have him, I will allow him to continue to travel with you.  He will do no good sitting around in a shack in the desert."

Kitharsis stands, reaching his full height.  He dons the tatters of a rugged cloak.  His equipment long gone.  Likely destroyed during the separation inside the barrier.

"Please allow me to atone.  I was overcome by the god of Chaos, and my weakness has caused you all trouble."  He bows his head.  "I still need to recover, but I do feel some remnants of power."

Lowering his weapon, the heavy sledgehammer thumping as the top of its head rests on the floor of the Krooza he gazes between the two before the Shaman speaks once more and hastily departs.

"You are one of the Companions, I see no reason for you to no longer fight alongside us, though I am assuming as you are no longer "chained" we can safely accept that something like this will not be happening again.  We have faced much recently and with the disappearance of both Mary and Cameron, as well as the rather sudden....departure of Danyael...I think it would be quite problematic if we must expect further...strife amongst our own ranks.  Speaking of disappearances and departures though...."

The large armored figure turns and looks towards the newcomer as the being seems to finish repairing the Triton.

"While it may be a bit forward, recent events I think dictate that directness would be best.  Who are you, why are you here, and perhaps most importantly....how do we know we can trust?"

Jharms tone while quite blunt, does not bear any hint of a threat or accusation, his glowing eyes calmly remaining focused on the strange four-armed individual.  His arms hang loosely at his side, though his hand is still certainly close enough to the shaft of his weapon to grab it if the stranger suddenly decides to reveal some sort of hostile intent.
Religion and greed, cause millions to bleed.

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
« Reply #67 on: July 14, 2022, 09:13:42 AM »
Kitharsis nods at Jharm's acceptance, fatigue marking his face.

"I feel no pressure from that darkness, not even a lingering reminder of how it felt.  I am renewed."  He says, as his legs begin to wobble.

He can't help but chortle at the statement, considering. 

"Renewed in spirit, perhaps."  He says, as he eases his way to sit down.  "For now I need some rest."

Kitharsis looks meaningfully at the newcomer.

"I do hope he is friendly."

Offline Fallen Templar

• Scout
« Reply #68 on: July 19, 2022, 05:01:13 AM »
Just as it was finishing with the repairs, the newcomer had registered that it had now become a focus of attention. Naturally, they would be wary of an unknown lingerer in the wake of a hectic battle. It would only be proper to allay their concerns. The four-armed stranger turned to address Jharm, and by extension the others present, placing a right hand on its chest and giving a slight bow.

"I am Phaerys, eternal servant of Xel-Atar." The figure spoke aloud in a clear, even tone with the distinct, slightly metallic timbre of a synthesised voice. And - as Soul Reaver would probably note - far more eloquently than the previous telepathic communication. "As to my purpose here, I have traversed the Spans Between in search of similar dimensional travellers. It appears I have been successful. This is most promising."

Phaerys' head turned ever so slightly as his gaze alighted from one Companion to the next, taking in each of their disparate appearances and armaments. One couldn't help but wonder what distant dimensions they may have hailed from.

"I would likewise ask of your purpose here," Phaerys suddenly spoke up once more. "It is true that the Spans Between pose many dangers, but these weapons... Tell me, are you explorers, or are you conquerors?" He further scrutinised the group while awaiting an answer, evaluating the chances of getting out alive should things take a turn for the worst.

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
« Reply #69 on: July 19, 2022, 07:04:10 AM »
Soul Reaver watches with quiet relief as Kitharsis rises and speaks.  His spiritual signature is... changed.  A lot has happened to him.

"It is good to see you on your feet again, Kitharsis.  And I would wholeheartedly welcome you to our side once more."

Ruefully, he adds, "Indeed, I must trust that our efforts and sacrifices may earn us a measure of redemption."

He then turns to face Phaerys as he introduces himself.  So far the being has not given any reason to mistrust him, and Soul Reaver owed him courtesy.  He steps forward and gives a small bow.

"I go by the name of Soul Reaver.  I am no conqueror.  And while my travels have taken me to many corners of the multiverse, perhaps 'explorer' is not entirely accurate either.  I would prefer to consider myself a protector or guardian.  I seek to uphold justice and honour wherever they threaten to be lost.  I fight for those who have no one else to champion them, and combat the threats that others cannot.

I fear this means that you will often find me amidst conflict or violence... as you have no doubt just witnessed.  My apologies for the unpleasant nature of our first meeting."

He raises an eyebrow quizzically.

"Unfortunately I am ignorant of 'Xel-Atar' - perhaps you could enlighten us?  And now that you have found other Warp Travelers - or perhaps I should say, Travelers of the 'Spans Between' - what is the next step in your quest?"

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
« Reply #70 on: July 19, 2022, 07:17:11 AM »
Jihon is momentarily taken aback as Phaerys manipulates the Triton in some way, bathing it in light.  But he is impressed when suddenly a number of the warning messages on his self-monitoring systems blink out.  The diagnostics show that his machine has been repaired to almost as good as new - and by someone who, by all rights and purposes, should have no idea of how it was put together.

Raising a mechanical hand, he simply says, "thanks, man!"

He watches on quietly as a now-tan Kitharsis rises and he and the Shaman ask if the Companions would allow him to rejoin them.  Gesturing with an outstretched finger, as though lecturing a child, he responds with, "Look, I don't want to speak for the others, but I'd be damn surprised if anyone said no."

He then walks up near Soul Reaver, waiting to see what the newcomer has to say... and, his eye wandering to the one still-flashing warning indicator, quietly hoping he would not have to interrupt before this conversation was done...
« Last Edit: July 19, 2022, 05:37:04 PM by Soul Reaver »

Offline Fallen Templar

• Scout
« Reply #71 on: July 24, 2022, 06:34:00 PM »
Phaerys quietly considered Soul Reaver's own introduction, satisfied with the answer that neither he nor the other Companions were hostile. Of course, after both parties had introduced themselves, Soul Reaver had questions of his own. Questions that Phaerys was willing to answer.

"Xel-Atar is the origin. From its light, each Ataran is wrought into being. In so doing, we are granted purpose. With purpose, we serve eternal. That is the will of Xel-Atar." The words were spoken like a mantra. One that Phaerys apparently deemed sufficient in answering who or what this Xel-Atar was. There were other answers yet to give, however. A matter that Phaerys appeared to spend several moments deliberating on before divulging.

"Know that I did not traverse the Spans Between alone. Not originally. There were others, from which I had been separated by means unknown, during our first excursion to another plane. It is likely they were each isolated as I was. Your existence - proof of other dimensional travellers - indicates a small but present possibility that they may be found."

The Ataran leaned to one side slightly, peering at the others once again - Kitharsis in particular - and making note of his similarities to the beings that had been driven off mere minutes ago. Perhaps something that merited further study, should the opportunity present itself.

Phaerys soon turned back to face Soul Reaver as he added, "I would ask the same of yourselves - to where are you bound from here, if not the site of your next battle?"

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
« Reply #72 on: August 07, 2022, 09:59:47 PM »
"Xel-Atar."  Kitharsis says slowly, considering the word.

"I have not heard of such place."  He pauses, studying Phaerys for a moment.  He senses a warmth about this being.  Certainly he can handle himself, yet he doesn't feel any ill will from him.  A curiosity.

"Quite frankly, I have no idea where we go next.  A few moments ago I wasn't certain that I existed."  He pulls his tattered cloak around him a little closer.  "I could use some new clothes, wherever we end up."

"Do you intend to join us?"  He asks.

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
  • The Rampaging Chorus of Shadow
« Reply #73 on: August 13, 2022, 03:57:00 PM »
As the group discussed matters further, Orks milled about repairing, or in most cases, slapping fresh scrap over, the damage dealt by the brawl that had previously broken out on the bridge. The blast shields over the bridge windows were raised after a particularly kunnin' mek used his plasma kutter to melt a chunk of shattered glass back into place over the hole that had been punched through, creating a messy-looking seal that likely wouldn't have held if not for sheer Ork thick-headedness winning the day over reality. Occasionally individual Orks seemed like they were about to start violently objecting to the existence of Non-Orks on the bridge, but one of Gulgrim's Nobs would invariably smack the upstart git upside the head, often with a power klaw, which had a habit of permanently silencing such insubordination.

After a few minutes, the Warboss himself returned from his workshop, a shiny new cybork arm having taken the place of his previous in far too little time for anyone but an Ork to have put together a new cybernetic graft and seated it in place. The Avatar of Gork and Mork adjusted his oversized Kaptin's hat with his new hand and looked over the assembled group of non-Orks, seeming to already lump the newcomer in with everyone else.

"Alright den." Gulgrim's voice booms. "If you'z goin anywhere on my krooza, da next stop bettah have some gud fightin'. We'z just 'ad a gud win, an' a decent intermishun scrap, but can't go too long wivvout a propa dustup or me boyz'll get antsy. So. Where to?"

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #74 on: August 17, 2022, 07:57:37 PM »
The Seraphim listens in silence as his Companions speaking to the newcomer and this "Phaerys" responds in kind.

"I would ask the same of yourselves - to where are you bound from here, if not the site of your next battle?"

Jharm seems about to respond when he suddenly perks up slightly and turns to seemingly gaze off in a direction, though he faces directly at a wall. 

I sense....something....familiar.  That can't be possible.  The rest of the Seraph forces retreated home long ago and I have not sensed any presence of the Light since before the explosive demise of that Chaos entity.  I do not understand....

=====Far across the Imperial plane=====
A Warp portal tears open in space and a small ship exits from it before the portal snaps shut.  The vessel floats slowly through space as an array of sensors both technological and magical scan out widely.  Within the command deck of the ship a single figure rises from the pilots seat and gazes out through the large viewport in front of her

"Another failure I have no doubt.  Looks just like every other---"

Wait!  I sense something.  It's...very very faint, but I can sense that it currently dwells in this universe.

And?  Is this something of import?

I....think so.  I can't explain it but...something about it feels very familiar to me.  This is the first time I have felt such a thing since we met.  This universe does not feel like the one I am searching for...but the source of this power I feel...we must find.  I just know it.

Well then...I suppose we can try---

Her inner thoughts are disrupted as rather large vessels begin to close in on the ship and suddenly an incoming message begins to blare through the speakers.  Waving a hand over the nearby console the previously unintelligible words become understandable

"Attention unknown vessel.  You have entered Imperial space.  Identify yourself immediately or else you will be boarded or destroyed."

"Well gorram it all.  This...could make things a bit problematic.  I have no idea who these "Imperials" are but these ships of theirs are certainly quite large and seem to be rather heavily armed.

"I detect numerous armaments targetting us.  What are your plans?"

"Well I certainly have no intention of letting some unknown species board and start poking around or anything like that.  At the same time I highly doubt we can match these large ships in power.  That leaves one option."

"Haul ass back home asap."

"Naturally."

Wait, what about the source of power I am sensing?!?

It doesn't matter much right now, we can return in a little while and try to search further.  I doubt we will be able to search very well at all with these Imperials right behind us.

She looks up towards the speakers as she slips back down into the pilots seat. 

"Engage the engines and power up the Warp crystal and get us the gorram hell out of here!"

The ships engine flares to life as a large crystal deep in the ship pulses heavily.  A few moments later a Warp portal rips open in front of the ship, its engine launching it through the portal just as the Imperial warships open fire, on the now empty space.

============Back on the Ork Kruiser============
Jharm looks around slightly as he senses the faint power he had detected suddenly vanish.  Turning back towards the others he finally responds to the newcomers inquiry.

"I can not speak for the others but our efforts in the Eye cost my people greatly and I must return to ensure defenses are maintained as we must rebuild our forces lest Darkness sense a moment of weakness and try to push against us."

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
« Reply #75 on: August 19, 2022, 06:51:42 AM »
Soul Reaver listens to Jharm's response, nodding almost imperceptibly, before turning back to Phaerys.

"A good question.  The multiverse is vast and there is no shortage of places that need aid.  I will go to wherever I am needed."

He thinks for a moment.  The newcomer, Phaerys, seemed to be no threat to the companions.  He also seemed intelligent and powerful enough to take care of himself, but at the same time seemed new - almost naive - to the multiverse.  Perhaps it would be best to keep him close, to keep him from unwittingly straying into harms way... and to assess whether Soul Reaver's assessment of his disposition really was correct.

"You may join me if you wish.  I have traveled the Warp for a long time now and though I have not come across others like you, I would be glad to share what knowledge I do have... and perhaps you will find leads during the journey that could help you find them.  It may be better than wandering aimlessly... though I must warn you that conflict will be frequent."

He then turns to Gulgrim.  The Ork was volatile and thirsty for battle.  While he was a great asset when there was a massive fight to be had - and he could be pointed in the right direction - he likely wouldn't take well to Soul Reaver's wanderings and would make non-violent solutions difficult to pursue.

"I will likely leave your Krooza soon.  But maybe hold onto this..."

He reaches into his infinity pouch and throws a small obsidian ball for Gulgrim to catch.

"...it will let me find you and let you know if I run into a big enough fight.  Or should things ever get so out of hand that you require assistance - though I know that's unlikely - just smash it, and I will come."

Soul Reaver looks out the viewport at the stars.

"If I'm not mistaken there should be some pretty good fights to be had even here.  We ran into an attempted Tyranid incursion when we were at Cellaris V.  We destroyed the hive tyrant leading them and the forces on the ground, but the rest of their swarm must still be around...?"

He turns around to face Jharm.

"I understand that your home calls for you.  I know you have the means to find me, so should you ever need my help: know that you will have it.

Speaking of which..."

He turns to face Jihon.

"It is good to see you again, old friend.  You arrived just as in..."

Soul Reaver's voice fades as his eyes go to the red streak of fresh blood staining the Triton's leg.

Moving lightning fast, Soul Reaver leaps onto the Triton, places two fingers on the cockpit door, and speaks the words of an Open spell.  With a hiss, it opens...

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
« Reply #76 on: August 19, 2022, 07:12:40 AM »
As the cockpit hatch opens wide, a fresh splash of blood pours down onto the Triton.

Within, Jihon is strapped into the pilot's seat.  His torso, legs and arms are badly lacerated and bleeding heavily, to the point where his boots and the bottom of the cockpit are filled with blood.

He looks sheepish.

"Uh, I kinda didn't want you all to see that before I had to go..."

Soul Reaver frowns.

"What foolishness!  What is going on?!"

Soul Reaver begins casting healing magic on Jihon.  While it is not his forte, the bleeding seems to lessen.  In the meantime, Jihon glances at his readouts, then starts to explain.

"Look, I've been fighting Balok in the Warp Tumor for a long time.  I think I've been doing a good job..."

He is interrupted as he coughs up a glob of blood.

"...sorry.  A pretty good job of keeping him contained.  Remember, I can't die while he's still alive.  I was going to keep at it, but then I felt that Cameron was going up again Chaos itself...

I couldn't do nothing.  I had to stand with him for that battle.  So I used one of my stored Tritons and rigged it with a device to temporarily let me out of the seal.  Long enough to help you guys.  But, er..."

He glances at the readouts again.

"It's almost out of juice now.  Once it runs dry, I'll snap back to where I was.  It's much safer this way though - this way I don't actually break open the seal."

Soul Reaver looks at Jihon with concern.

"Do you need us?"

Jihon shakes his head vigorously.

"No!  Just like I said to you last time - I'll let you know when I need you guys, and that time isn't now.  I need to return - I can't afford to leave Balok to his own devices any longer than I already have.  There'll probably be hell to pay when I get back, but... I wanted to be there to help Cameron finish what he started.

I wish he was here.  You know, so I could have given him a high five."
« Last Edit: August 19, 2022, 07:23:23 AM by Soul Reaver »

Offline Fallen Templar

• Scout
« Reply #77 on: August 27, 2022, 11:06:27 PM »
Phaerys looked to the others in turn as they each gave their answers for where they were headed next. Some had to part ways and attend to their own affairs, while others sought new battles like the one they had just endured. Kitharsis and Soul Reaver in particular offered Phaerys the suggestion of joining them. It would be a path fraught with danger, but altogether safer than travelling alone.

Before the Ataran could give an answer to this invitation, however, something urgent had caught Soul Reaver's attention. The being within the mechanical suit - Jihon - turned out to be in a truly dire condition. That much blood on the outside of these creatures was never a promising sign. Phaerys could only stand aside and observe the exchange between the two. The finer details of the exchange were lost on Phaerys, but he at least had a general understanding of it. A parting of the ways, with no guarantee they would meet again.

A faint note of sympathy stirred within him. At least they had the chance to say farewell. With that in mind, Phaerys approached Jihon to offer some parting words of his own.

"While I know nothing of what threat you speak of, nor do I know if we shall ever speak again, I can only hope that the repairs I have affected will suffice against whatever awaits you."

To Soul Reaver he added, "I am aware that continually traversing the Spans Between will inevitably lead to conflict, intentional or otherwise. Thus, your company would be welcome. Though I am not a warrior, I am far from defenceless."

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
« Reply #78 on: September 03, 2022, 11:45:48 AM »

Jihon, within his Triton, was a bloody mess. Kitharsis felt a deep guilt for having caused his last moments outside of the Warp Tumor to be in conflict.

He approached the Triton with careful footsteps, his strength still barely returned.

“I’m sorry for causing trouble, Jihon. I would have wished you more time in peace outside of the Warp Tumor.”

He sighs, “I wish you strength in your fight in the Warp Tumor. I owe you for your assistance here. Call on me and I will help however I can.”

With that Kitharsis backs away and finds something to lean against. He pulls his tattered cloak about him as Phaerys voices his intention to travel with them.

“You are welcome, Phaerys. As Soul Reaver mentioned, we rarely travel to safety. Quite the contrary.”

He looks away, solemnly. “Sometimes we aren’t even safe from ourselves.”

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #79 on: September 17, 2022, 02:37:49 PM »
The Seraph looks over at the Triton as Soul Reaver suddenly leaps onto it and pops the hatch open, revealing a rather bloody Jihon.  Moving closer, Jharm extends a hand to aid his healing powers to the efforts of Soul Reaver as he listens to what Jihon as to say.  Once they are done he crosses his arms in front of his chest and nods.

"When the time comes, I will do all I can to help you Jihon."

He leans in and claps a gauntleted hand on the mans shoulder and gives it a friendly squeeze.

"May the Light watch over you in the meantime."

He then stands back up and steps back a few paces.