Advanced search  

News:

There is no news - all is well.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Members: 35  •  Posts: 8037  •  Topics: 486  • 
Please welcome Fallen Templar, our newest member.

Author Topic: The Three-Edged Sword: OOC Thread  (Read 6505 times)

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
    • First post after joining the board battles
The Three-Edged Sword: OOC Thread
« on: October 01, 2022, 06:52:51 PM »
Okay, I know thats quite a bit of text in those first two posts so sorry about that.  Everyone has received a message calling for aid and should they choose to respond that they accept a portal will open up that will bring them to Jharm.  Figure everyone can cover what their character was doing during the downtime in their response post and finish with whether they accept or not and enter the portal and then we go from there :)
Religion and greed, cause millions to bleed.

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
  • Who wants to build a sand castle?
Re: The Three-Edged Sword: OOC Thread
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2022, 04:35:15 PM »
I'm looking for some thoughts on how the three of us would have spent the time skip.

Kitharsis would have appreciated Phaerys's assistance in re-equipping.  But his guilt for the battle aboard the Choppa, combined with his preference toward simple things would have had him not ask for much. 

If Phaerys obliged, Kith would have asked for a sword, and a few pieces of light armor to get him by in his weakened state (and to protect his modesty).  However Phaerys would have interpreted that is entirely up to you :D

Other than equipment, Kitharsis's goal would be to stick with Soul Reaver and Phaerys and assist however he could.  While establishing what power he may have in this new form.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2022, 04:37:05 PM by Kitharsis »

Offline Fallen Templar

• Scout
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2022, 07:51:22 PM »
I can definitely see Phaerys taking Kitharsis up on that request. The finer details on the equipment I'll likely save for my actual post, but you can guarantee it being fireproof. Standard issue, as far as Phaerys is concerned.

As for what Phaerys himself would have been up to, I think mainly searching for leads on his old comrades and studying further on dimensional travel with the help of a certain couple of Warp-hopping veterans. Those obsidian shards Soul Reaver gave out would be of particular interest to him, I think.

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
    • To the Bitter End - Warcraft III Mod
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2022, 09:36:06 PM »
Soul Reaver would first have taken Phaerys and Kitharsis to one the bazaars on Dinlete - basically a continent on another world.
You can imagine the place as a vibrant middle-eastern-style market, but filled with travelers from many different worlds and places, including the occasional warp-traveler or other mysterious individual.

For Kitharsis, the visit would simply be so he can seek out any equipment he might like.  Soul Reaver keeps a good stash of money around so he would have supplied any coinage, and you can assume there'll be some sort of seller there for basically anything

For Phaerys, the point of visiting the place is to give him a (very) small taste of the many different species and creatures that are out there, even in one small spot of the multiverse, as well as give opportunities for him to speak to others to maybe hear rumours of the rest of his people - this is a spot where you might possibly hear of goings-on elsewhere in the multiverse if you ask the right people.

Soul Reaver won't be forthcoming with explanations on how the Obsidian Slivers work until he's been with Phaerys for a while.  Once he has, he'll explain that the slivers are passively tied to his awareness of other peoples' soul energy.  When snapped in half, it causes a momentary 'pulse' that allows him to 'see' the bearer's spiritual signature even across the multiverse, allowing him to pinpoint who it was and where they are.  As long as he acts immediately, that will allow him to travel to their location.  He forges these himself on the Obsidian Island (which Phaerys will likely have been taken to see at some point in their journey), though naturally the materials for their forging would have had to come from elsewhere (so they don't evaporate after leaving the island).  The slivers are magical, so possibly Soul Reaver will also need to explain some of the basic concepts of magic from the Mortal Plane.

In the timeskip, Soul Reaver will be going around playing hero - saving people in distress, overthrowing evil warlords/wizards and probably stopping at least one incursion from Inferno by more or less showing up and anticlimatically telling the Daemons to quit it and go home.  He'll be primarily using the Eye of Justice to point him in the right direction (with the occasional tipoff from others).

During this time Phaerys and Kitharsis would be traveling through the warp multiple times and get a chance to test out their powers.  Phaerys would be free to investigate the whereabouts of his people (the library on the Obsidian Island also contains a wealth of info - most of it historical though).  However, Soul Reaver will be pretty driven to 'do his duty' and do the hero thing - since there's always something bad happening that he could stop, he considers it a personal failing if he's not out there stopping it, so there won't be much downtime between the heroics for him.

If any of that stuff sounds like gibberish, check the Board Battles wiki or ask me, I'll be happy to explain.

Does the above fit into everyone else's plans ok?
« Last Edit: October 04, 2022, 12:36:52 AM by Soul Reaver »

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2022, 10:15:41 PM »
Some shopping and building of equipment, followed by non stop hero-ing sounds perfect.

Soul you practically put your time skip post in OOC  :P

I’ll post after you both, if you don’t mind?

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
  • The Rampaging Chorus of Shadow
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2022, 12:44:29 AM »
Gulgrim is always appropriate to come crashing in at the last moment, so I'll hop in after everyone else has had their moment. He's likely been up to some combination of killing Tyranids and taking pressure off the Imperium and also acting mercenary around imperial worlds for his service (potentially with some extortion in the case of worlds hesitant to pay an Ork), plus occasionally beating down other Ork warlords who get too uppity with shaking up the balance of the galaxy away from 'dere's plenty o' gits to fight' by starting WAAAGH!!!s too apocalyptically large for other opponents to survive.

Gulgrim's forward-thinking to keep the galaxy ripe for future fights is part of why he is the true avatar of Gork and Mork.

Offline Fallen Templar

• Scout
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2022, 04:36:13 AM »
Sounds like a plan to me, Soul. Also seconding Kitharsis, you could practically copy-paste half of that for your post. :D

As for posting order, I was planning on hanging back and working off of whoever posted before me, since this'll be the first adventure I'm participating in. So I guess it'll be Soul, me and then Kitharsis posting in that order?

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2022, 10:32:48 PM »
Yep, I am waiting for your description of the sword and any pieces of armor Phaerys is creating before I put something up.

I did add an update to the character page for Kitharsis, waiting for mod approval.

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2022, 05:54:13 PM »
Saw your update, no issues with the content but I'm struggling a bit about how to best integrate it into your character bio.
I could do it myself but it would be a fair amount of rewriting, which I'm not sure I'm comfortable doing on your behalf.
Will be in touch.

Offline Fallen Templar

• Scout
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2022, 06:44:13 PM »
Took a little longer than I'd have liked, but my post's up now. Quite a bit to cover there.

Kitharsis, if you have any other questions about the sword and the armour, feel free to shoot me a PM and we'll discuss it further there.

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2022, 10:32:03 PM »
They are wonderful, thank you!

I will add them into my drafted up post and get something up soon.

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2022, 10:43:42 PM »
Alrighty, I know there isnt really a lot for everyone to respond to but after this post I can say there will certainly be plenty that everyone can, to certain extents, go kinda nuts with :) 

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
  • The Rampaging Chorus of Shadow
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2022, 09:39:40 AM »
Gulgrim would like to remind everyone that 'Kunnin' is right there next to 'Brutal' when describing orks, but everyone forgets the first when thinking about the second.

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2022, 11:43:07 PM »
Alrighty, looks like everyone has posted (woot!) so I will work on getting a post up asap.  That said, the warehouse i work at in RL just rolled out a new system today (Mon, 11/7) that basically resulted in me working normal 5 day work week last week, then working both Sat & Sun, and working a 5 day work week this week while dealing with teething troubles of new (at least for us) tech as well as various big wig types from the company being around to assist.  That all said, I'm not 100% as to how soon "asap" will be.  Current target is basically "before the weekend but very plausible sometime over the weekend".

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2022, 06:20:32 PM »
well was a week(end) later then initially planned but there ya go.  I THINK Jharm responded to everyones questions, some characters kinda asked similar ones and such so some of his responses i felt were answering multiple peoples questions (hence him not directly talking to Kith, dont want ya thinking i was ignoring ya hehe)

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2022, 07:10:42 PM »
Sorry it took a while to post, been overseas for a while.  Post up now.

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2022, 10:23:13 PM »
Will be getting up a post later this week, the weekend by the latest.  It is my intention/plan that this post (and subsequent responses) will be the last round of "prep" and then you all will get the chance for some good ol' combat :)

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2023, 05:57:06 AM »
Can you confirm if Soul Reaver would be able to sense or otherwise detect if he's about to enter the effective 'warp-gate blocking' range of one of the crystals?
If not, Jharm will likely need to let him know before he hits it.

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2023, 10:26:31 AM »
Can you confirm if Soul Reaver would be able to sense or otherwise detect if he's about to enter the effective 'warp-gate blocking' range of one of the crystals?
If not, Jharm will likely need to let him know before he hits it.

Given his travels and experience he would likely sense that something is amiss upon reaching the area

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2023, 11:07:27 AM »
Planning to get a post up at some point friday, i have the day off so other then dealing with car inspection ill be free.  Aiming to have next post shift right into some fighting but will have a period inner-post where Soul you can summon your “troops” but figure eveyone is tired of chit-chatting so time for some smashin