Advanced search  

News:

There is no news - all is well.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Members: 35  •  Posts: 8037  •  Topics: 486  • 
Please welcome Fallen Templar, our newest member.

Author Topic: The Eye of Terror: OOC Thread XII  (Read 68636 times)

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
Re: The Eye of Terror: OOC Thread XII
« Reply #160 on: May 17, 2019, 01:46:53 PM »
No rush, friends. Real life comes first.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #161 on: May 27, 2019, 02:08:13 AM »
Gonna go ahead and set a deadline of June 2nd before I move this forward.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #162 on: May 31, 2019, 05:28:10 PM »
Last chance to get your posts in before I post Sunday night. If you are currently waiting for someone else to post before you do, I'd recommend just going ahead and posting anyway.

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
  • The Rampaging Chorus of Shadow
« Reply #163 on: June 02, 2019, 05:51:25 PM »
Lemme just slide on in there then.

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
  • Who wants to build a sand castle?
« Reply #164 on: June 03, 2019, 08:59:37 AM »
I'm going to try and jump in here at the last moment.

Done, sorry for the delay.  I was stuck for a while trying to figure out how to scale up Kitharsis's attack to contend with a Kaiju battle :P
« Last Edit: June 03, 2019, 09:42:41 AM by Kitharsis »

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #165 on: June 03, 2019, 09:30:44 AM »
Holding off again for more posts since at least two people are working on them.

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
    • To the Bitter End - Warcraft III Mod
« Reply #166 on: June 11, 2019, 04:58:58 AM »
Sorry this took so long.  I've been both struggling to find time to post and struggling to decide WHAT to post.  But yeah, I've settled on an idea now.

Note that I intend for my next post to pick up just a few seconds in 'game time' after this one, so anyone who even realizes what's happened at the end of this one won't have a lot of time to react.

Any questions, please let me know.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #167 on: July 10, 2019, 12:10:17 PM »
Apologies for the prolonged absence. Went through a dark patch. I should be getting a post up this weekend.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #168 on: July 14, 2019, 09:57:40 AM »
Got some work done on a post yesterday but then got interrupted. I'll see what I can get done this morning before I have to leave. If I don't get anything up today, I'll work on finishing it tomorrow or Tuesday.

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
« Reply #169 on: July 14, 2019, 11:15:54 AM »
Sounds good Cameron. Looking forward to the next post!

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #170 on: August 06, 2019, 05:33:11 PM »
Sorry for the delay, again. I fell into a black hole for a bit there and still only have half my next post done. My mental health has not been great recently.

I am going to try and make time to finish my post sometime this week.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #171 on: September 09, 2019, 04:50:04 PM »
I am incredibly sorry for the delay. The month of August was terrible for me, but I will make no excuses for my actions or lack thereof. I have a post up now and will be endeavoring to post more regularly as we draw to the end of this fight.

And I do mean the end. This is it. Jihon has arrived as a long planned tribute to our old friend, and the Avatar of Chaos has revealed it's final form. Now is the time for you to unleash your strongest attacks. Hold nothing back.

This is the end. Finish it.

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
  • The Rampaging Chorus of Shadow
« Reply #172 on: September 09, 2019, 11:25:56 PM »
You asked for nothing to be held back. I thought it might be fun to explore the fact that Gulgrim isn't just a Single Ork, nor a commander of a single tribe of warriors, but rather the leader of an entire, galactic-threat level WAAAGH!!!, with all of the resources, including titans, that that entails. Gulgrim isn't the kind of person to have soul-shattering mystic powers or any arcane sealing techniques (which will probably be more effective in the long run, but the Ork's gotta do -something- to help out), so I figured excessively destructive physical weapons would be a nice contribution. Also I thought it'd be fun to offer the other characters a trip out of the eye of terror in an Ork Kill Krooza if they want to take it.

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
    • To the Bitter End - Warcraft III Mod
« Reply #173 on: September 14, 2019, 07:45:10 PM »
My post should be pretty self-explanatory, but just in case:
Chaos is born from the emotions generated by living things.  So Soul Reaver has fashioned a sword from the absence of those things - from what is there after a universe expands infinitely, causing all reactions to stop and making life impossible.
Holding this sword is extremely dangerous and draining but he figures it's the best weapon possible against the Avatar.

(Not to be mistaken for the 'Void' from "To the Bitter End", as that one is actually a sentient and malevolent entity that tried to bring Ithia into this 'lifeless' state)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2019, 04:24:20 AM by Soul Reaver »

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
« Reply #174 on: October 10, 2019, 05:36:46 PM »
I am working on a post.  Having fun with this one.

Oh boy.  I was saving Kitharsis embracing the darkness for a like, end of the multiverse, point of no return scenario.  This seems fitting.

This is basically him turning on God mode, and losing his mind.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2019, 09:39:49 AM by Kitharsis »

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #175 on: October 22, 2019, 11:29:01 PM »
Thanks to everyone who has posted.

I'm still waiting on Danyael and Jharm. I have an extremely busy time coming up here in the end of October/beginning of November, so I'm going to schedule my next post for the weekend of November 9th. I'll be attempting to post then regardless of if everyone has posted by then or not, so try to get your posts in soon.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #176 on: December 01, 2019, 01:23:11 PM »
Sorry for the delay, everyone. The holidays are a waking nightmare. I'll be trying to get my next post up as soon as possible.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #177 on: February 22, 2020, 01:05:00 PM »
Just wanted to let everyone know that I'm still alive.

I've started working on the final post but I'm not going to give an estimate as to when that will be done. What I will say is that once it is, I'll be trying to transfer control of the story to Jharm as quickly as possible to avoid any further delays. Hang in there.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #178 on: March 21, 2021, 06:05:07 PM »
Hello.

I'd like to start off by apologizing. The delay for this last post was unacceptable. And I know that this post probably doesn't live up to what the last post of this Board Battle should have been It certainly isn't what I had pictured all this time. But at a certain point I need to stop trying to craft the perfect send off in my head and just end the fucking thing, and that's what I've done.

You are all outside of the Warp, on the Krooza (since Gulgrim seemed to offer it up as an escape route in his last post, I figured this was fine.) except Gulgrim himself, who I figured was currently too big to fit. Feel free to retcon this if you need to, Gulgrim.

I will not be posting again, except for maybe after a while to tie up loose ends with Cameron, so consider this free reign to post and have your characters depart. I will leave it up to the next Battle master, whoever that is, to get things moving again.

Please see the Announcements section shortly for a post regarding my future and the future of this website. Thank you for your participation all these years. I am sorry that this took so long.

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
« Reply #179 on: March 21, 2021, 09:29:28 PM »
Well done, Cameron.

Thank you for you hosting The Eye of Terror.  Life has a terrible way of getting in the way of fun.  I appreciate the time you've spent on the boards, and the adventures you've taken us through.