Advanced search  

News:

There is no news - all is well.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Members: 35  •  Posts: 8037  •  Topics: 486  • 
Please welcome Fallen Templar, our newest member.

Author Topic: Administorum Radio?  (Read 3943 times)

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
Administorum Radio?
« on: April 08, 2010, 07:24:31 AM »
The server space I'm hosting the new boards on is also used by another forum and was used before that as kind of a catch all for things. One of the guys who was using it set up a streaming audio service on the server for web radio broadcasts. It is no longer in use, but apparently the code is still there and could be used again pretty easily.

Would anyone be interested in having an official Administorum Radio channel? I myself could only do a show every once in a while, but all you'd need to broadcast is Winamp, the Edcast plugin for Winamp, some MP3s and a microphone, so technically anyone could do it at any time. Let me know if this is something that sounds interesting to any of you and I'll post the server information.

Offline Tyvaris

• Veteran Sergeant
Re: Administorum Radio?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2010, 07:52:27 AM »
Would be cool just to sorta have a board battle playlist tossed up, where people send in songs they'd like to hear and it'd just go through the playlist when your streaming it.   Sounds cool, not sure a host is necessary.  Lately seems like fewer and fewer people are on for very long, hopping on to check for updates and taking off.  This is probably assumed though without an Board Battle thats flying along to keep people interested.   Always looking for updates and cool stuff though, so sounds fun.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2010, 08:23:53 AM »
Well, the other thing I was thinking there is that if the person who is running the show announces it ahead of time, maybe we can actually get a bunch of the users on together. I think the IRC channel would be great for coordinating this. it depends on everyone's schedule.

I might be able to come up with a way to stream a playlist over the stream unmanned, but I'd need to test the effect that would have on our bandwidth.

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
  • Who wants to build a sand castle?
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2010, 09:12:41 AM »
This could be useful.  I remember when Soul Reaver had music to go with his battle on a few occasions and I remember the epic feeling of it.

The battle host could put together a playlist that could be used to set the mood for his/her latest post.  It wouldn't be mandatory, of course.  But it could be neat to utilize from time to time.

2 cents.

Offline Fei

• Banned
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2010, 04:31:07 PM »
it's definitely something that interests me.  Especially considering i've been procrastinating on setting up an internet radio.