Advanced search  

News:

There is no news - all is well.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Members: 35  •  Posts: 8037  •  Topics: 486  • 
Please welcome Fallen Templar, our newest member.

Author Topic: Chracter Creation Guidelines & Template. (The Calling)  (Read 3133 times)

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
  • Who wants to build a sand castle?
Chracter Creation Guidelines & Template. (The Calling)
« on: October 18, 2013, 04:12:20 PM »
So, the more robust character creation post has been shuffled around these boards a few times already.  I figured I would put something like a template up so that you can begin posting your characters.  You can reference http://nerdramblingz.com/starforums/index.php?topic=411.msg5335#msg5335 for the more fluffy details.  Feel free to PM if you have any questions.  Otherwise, character submission is open.  Enjoy.

Character Creation:

First things first, what additional souls do you posses?  You don't have to have points in all three from the get go, but need to identify them now.

Attributes:

Describe your physical appearance.  Do you have any unique physical traits due to your extra souls?

Do you have a favorite or defining article of clothing?

Personality:

How do you act normally.  What is your view on the world of Treymara.  Are you a glass half full, half empty, or "it's just a dumb glass" kinda person?

Souls

I am going to employ the rule of threes.  For each point in your spend in your souls, you gain three skills in said soul. 

Define your initial soul point distribution.  Please note that you cannot put more than 2 points into your human soul at creation.

Human Soul Skills

Pick three weapons/fighting styles.  Each point spent here amplifies them.  You can learn new skills here, but interaction with NPCs dictate which skills.  You won't suddenly be a master archer if you've never picked up a bow before.  Let me know if you want to learn new weapons during the story and I will try to accommodate.

List your weapon skills and the equipment you carry.

List any other fighting styles & how you learned them (like wrestling or boxing, etc.).

Elemental Soul Skills  If applicable

Each point in this soul makes skills stronger.  Pick abilities for each level.  One point gives you three "level one" skills like fireball or lightning bolt.  Each level increases the effectiveness and scale of the abilities that you can add to your arsenal.

Animal Soul  If applicable

Each point in this soul makes skills stronger.  Pick abilities for each level.  1 point gives "level one" skills like growing claws or feathers, or enhancing vision/speed/strength.  Each level increases the effectiveness and scale of the abilities that you can add to your arsenal.

Back Story

Where are you from, and how did you find yourself in this area of Treymara?  Feel free to create an area of Treymara that you are from.  It is a big world and I certainly haven't done any map making yet.  Also please give some background to how your other souls became apparent and any troublesome or odd situations they may have put you in. 

Don't write about your arrival to town yet, just lead up to it.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 09:02:34 AM by Cameron »