Advanced search  

News:

There is no news - all is well.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Members: 35  •  Posts: 8037  •  Topics: 486  • 
Please welcome Fallen Templar, our newest member.

Author Topic: The Legion Immortalis (The Bulwark of Heaven)- OOC Thread 2  (Read 35535 times)

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
The Legion Immortalis (The Bulwark of Heaven)- OOC Thread 2
« on: August 07, 2010, 10:55:46 AM »
Thread continued from this topic: http://nerdramblingz.com/starforums/index.php?topic=118.0

Proceed.

Offline Faidth

• Captain
Re: The Legion Immortalis (The Bulwark of Heaven)- OOC Thread 2
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2010, 10:58:31 AM »
@Kith: Give me an awesome description of Faile's descent towards the final ring.

@All: Feel free to describe your reactions to the race, interact with the NPCs, etc. Tonight I will be posting the finish of the race, followed by a wild, Ageless party in the streets.

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
  • Who wants to build a sand castle?
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2010, 04:30:18 PM »
Woo Hoo!  I didn't expect the race to be such an event.  Sembas will be getting very nervous once the race is over, not like crowds and all...

And awwww.  I didn't have a chance for Sembas to get all handsy with Archer while he was undressing  :P

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2010, 04:58:01 PM »
And awwww.  I didn't have a chance for Sembas to get all handsy with Archer while he was undressing  :P

That's the after-party. :)

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2010, 10:08:42 PM »
Falcon Race concluded! Now, there's the matter of an enormous Ageless party on the streets. Please feel free to mingle with NPCs or pursue your individual interests.

Offline john greymore

• Marine Sergeant
  • This world is Sacred
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2010, 10:24:23 PM »
Hurrah!!

Sports-bird-ship ftw!

EDIT: Do you mean right after the post or wait for your next post describing the party before we post?
« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 01:39:31 AM by john greymore »
Destruction begets Creation. Creation begets Interaction. Interaction begets Society. Society begets Use. Use begets Destruction.

Thus the cycle begins and ends.

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2010, 11:07:05 PM »
@Nemo: Feel free to make mingle posts now. After Kith posts his reaction to the race, I'm going to make a big party post.

@All: I'll be on until Thursday, but I'm still going to attempt to post at least once a day. Keep the posts coming! :D
« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 11:09:43 PM by Faidth »

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2010, 12:25:23 AM »
My goodness.  Poor Besnik.

This is a very fun battle.  Even such that we haven't actually fought anyone yet!

Offline john greymore

• Marine Sergeant
  • This world is Sacred
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2010, 01:44:57 PM »
I think I've just set Fenwick, and by extension, myself, an impossible task.

Let's see how he manages to pull that off.

Also, love your description Kitharsis :D

Finally, Happy National Day Singapore!
Destruction begets Creation. Creation begets Interaction. Interaction begets Society. Society begets Use. Use begets Destruction.

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2010, 02:21:53 AM »
@Rethagos:

Still waiting on a reply from you. Please try to get one in soon. I'd like Depheir to get acquainted with his companions.

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2010, 07:08:49 PM »
@Kith: At this point, f you continue to pursue the relationship with Archer, you will progress to Level 2. Please let me know if this is your intention and I will respond accordingly.

Offline john greymore

• Marine Sergeant
  • This world is Sacred
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2010, 01:53:03 AM »
Terribly sorry. Have been extremely busy with work given one day and due the next. I'll probably be posting tonight... which will be your morning I suppose.

Offline john greymore

• Marine Sergeant
  • This world is Sacred
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2010, 10:54:43 AM »
Posted.

Faidth, if you feel that now isn't a good time to reveal Cardack to Hestia, or simply wish to hold it off to another time, feel free to get him interrupted by anything at all!

Also love your constellation description for Sembas. Not sure where you drew inspiration from, but they're awesome!

And Owls > Falcons :O

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2010, 03:27:10 PM »
In case its not apparent from my post.  Yes, I think we'll be moving along to level 2.

Play some Sigur Ros while reading my post.  Hauf/Heim, if you have the album ;)

Oh, and Owls drool, Falcons rule!

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2010, 03:38:56 PM »
Awesome post, Kith! Loved the "Two Lovers" background. :)

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2010, 05:03:24 PM »
Thanks!  It was fun writing it.

I'll be on vacation for the next two days and won't be able to post until Tuesday night.  Feel free to ferry things along if you wish to move the story forward.

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2010, 05:08:01 PM »
@Kith: You've been upgraded to Level 2 with Archer. Please create your new WISDOM spell and add it to your character sheet.

Offline Faran Beshral

• Scout Sergeant
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2010, 04:24:18 PM »
Heh, thanks for writing something up for me Faidth. I really haven't had anything more to add to the party other than Faran's thoughts.

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2010, 06:31:40 PM »
I should be posting either tonight or early tomorrow morning. There will be individual posts for all of you, then we'll get you some practice with the system via sparring.

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2010, 10:57:10 AM »
Okay, here's how the sparring sessions are going to work. You will be engaging in battle, one at a time, with an Ageless of my choice. I am having Kith go first because he is a talented board battle veteran and will likely be able to provide an excellent example for those of you who are a bit more inexperienced.

A few key points to remember:

1.) Be sure to utilize your skills and attributes. For example, if someone levels a brutal attack at you, you might be able to say something like,

"________ fortifies his defenses by using his hardy Constitution. (Continue to give further description as to how this will work. Your skin might harden to stone, you might simply shrug off the effects, etc. Whatever you decide, make it awesome.)

You might continue by saying. "His Soak is quite advanced, and should the attack hit, he will likely be able to dispel its effects." After your description, please mention what Attribute/Skill you used by denoting it in parentheses. In this case. (Constitution- SOAK)

2. POST ONLY FOR YOUR CHARACTER.

3. Do not god-mod the actions or effects felt by the NPCs. Do not assume that your attack hits or that you have damaged your opponent. Instead, tell me what COULD happen if the attack hits.

"A gout of flame erupts from ____________'s fingertips as he calls upon his dominion over fire by using his Inferno spell. Should this attack hit, his target will be knocked backwards by the force of the flame and will continue to take fire damage for some time after."

4. The better your description, the better your results. Please bear in mind that this does not mean you should write a twelve paragraph description. It's quality over quantity. I'd rather have you write a few awesome sentences as opposed to several lackluster paragraphs.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 10:58:42 AM by Faidth »