Advanced search  

News:

There is no news - all is well.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Members: 35  •  Posts: 8042  •  Topics: 486  • 
Please welcome Fallen Templar, our newest member.

Author Topic: The Legion Immortalis (The Bulwark of Heaven)- OOC Thread 2  (Read 36722 times)

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
  • Who wants to build a sand castle?
Re: The Legion Immortalis (The Bulwark of Heaven)- OOC Thread 2
« Reply #60 on: September 06, 2010, 06:46:54 PM »
Sorry, I've been MIA since friday afternoon.  Weekends at a cabin are the best!

Fenwick, don't worry about the learning curve when fighting.  It's real easy to want to post an elaborate attack and do a lot of stuff in one post.  I used to be quite guilty of writing a flurry of attacks at once, and I still do it sometimes when I get all excited over a battle.  Faidth is doing a great job of keeping us all in line though :D

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #61 on: September 06, 2010, 08:36:38 PM »
Thanks, Kith! I'm trying anyway. It helps that I have a live in Administrator who helps me make judgment calls on the gray areas.

Offline john greymore

• Marine Sergeant
  • This world is Sacred
« Reply #62 on: September 08, 2010, 11:09:43 AM »
Thanks Kith :)

I didn't really take an attack this time. I figured the staggering like a buffalo and casting a spell would take up enough time. The idea was to get close enough to attack, but within that time I think Dennan could do tons of things.

Also, did you know that if you put a 'bull in a china shop', the bull will actually be quite elegant?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nk_zpMory-0
Destruction begets Creation. Creation begets Interaction. Interaction begets Society. Society begets Use. Use begets Destruction.

Thus the cycle begins and ends.

Offline john greymore

• Marine Sergeant
  • This world is Sacred
« Reply #63 on: September 11, 2010, 12:21:25 AM »
Terribly sorry for the late reply, I missed it up in my unread posts lists.

I guess this means the battle's over though?
Destruction begets Creation. Creation begets Interaction. Interaction begets Society. Society begets Use. Use begets Destruction.

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #64 on: September 11, 2010, 10:56:07 AM »
@John: You may want to edit your post. The sleeper hold is a grappling maneuver in which the aggressor places the target is a submission-style hold, only the point is to cause the victim to lose consciousness.

The actual move looks like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ku2O-6Rvun4&feature=related

It's basically a rear-naked chokehold, but instead of taking the victim to the ground, it's a more basic version where you are still standing up. Dennan is not just making you sleepy by some magical means. He literally grappled you, placed you in a clinch, and now has you in a sleeper hold. You need to find a way out of it before you pass out.

Offline john greymore

• Marine Sergeant
  • This world is Sacred
« Reply #65 on: September 11, 2010, 11:27:40 AM »
Edited, learnt something new today.

Apologies, i interpreted it as 'sleep getting a hold over me' sort of sleeper hold.

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #66 on: September 12, 2010, 09:54:44 AM »
Okay, gentlemen. This will be a three-on-two fight between Sembas, Depheir and Fenwick vs. Sig and Bran. This will be the last sparring event, then we will be proceeding with the main plot.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 09:58:57 AM by Faidth »

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
« Reply #67 on: September 15, 2010, 09:54:13 AM »
I was on vacation this weekend, then got nice and sick for the past few days.  If I can pull my head out of this grogginess soon I'll try and post.  But, ugh.  I feel like poo.

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
« Reply #68 on: September 15, 2010, 11:21:42 PM »
K, I decided to get this moving since I've been away for so long.  Feel free to add in any dialogue you want between Sembas's 'speech' and his attack.

Offline john greymore

• Marine Sergeant
  • This world is Sacred
« Reply #69 on: September 16, 2010, 11:27:16 AM »
Hope you're feeling better! :) The pain just means you enjoyed yourself to the max over the weekends.

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
« Reply #70 on: September 16, 2010, 02:08:53 PM »
Yes, it was a long, good weekend.  Thats for sure.  And thaks for the well wishes!

It seems that I've misinterpreted our new friend Sig here, eh Cameron?

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #71 on: September 16, 2010, 02:13:41 PM »
My post is up, as well as my character, though it hasn't been approved yet.

The spell in question, Striking Ballad, is as follows: Striking Ballad- (Single Target) This spell works much like Crescendo, but Sig sacrifices some of the power in favor of being able to get off a physical attack as well. Using his innate bond with Alviss, Sig keeps a single enemy at an arm’s length. He lets out a loud shout, causing the enemy to be knocked off of his feet. (*Instant. No cast time)

Oh, and in case you haven't figured it out, it appears that I will be joining this Board Battle.  8)

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #72 on: September 16, 2010, 06:08:18 PM »
@Cameron: Unless it is used against a boss, Striking Ballad automatically hits. That is the benefit of using this single target version vs. Crescendo. Go ahead and edit your post to take your physical attack.

In addition, please describe Sig's reaction to Depheir's successful post. The effect of CONFUSION will only be active for your next post.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2010, 06:19:54 PM by Faidth »

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #73 on: September 16, 2010, 06:38:13 PM »
Previous post edited, and the new post is up. Hope the confusion effect was okay.

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
« Reply #74 on: September 16, 2010, 08:41:59 PM »
If that is too many skills in one post just remove calling out the (DEXTERITY - Dodge) at the end and I'll use it next post for Sembas's reaction. Or if he won't have a chance to use it just forget I even mentioned anything.

Wasn't sure if I could post an attack in the same post as casting an enchantment on Faile, as the Familiar thing is still a bit new.

Offline john greymore

• Marine Sergeant
  • This world is Sacred
« Reply #75 on: September 17, 2010, 08:04:08 AM »
Pleasant surprise! I knew you were coming, but didn't know it was as an NPC, or seemed like an NPC.

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #76 on: September 17, 2010, 04:33:17 PM »
@Kitharsis: Your post is fine as is. You can always use a skill to attempt to preemptively protect yourself. As for Faile's action, this is also fine. You basically treat Faile's actions as another member of the party. Basically, you get your attack, and she can have hers.

@Nemo:

An edit is probably needed here.

A force akin to a punch knocked Fenwick off his feet, dazing him. Before he is allowed to recover, he barely realises Sig about to punish him for his naive, drastic action, his Axe raised and aimed for his head. Fenwick quickly starts to cast a protective barrier...

But the words die out as Sig seems to doubt himself, unsure of what he is doing or what he's about to do. This sudden change startles even Fenwick, and it is only when Sig finally strikes that he realises he wasn't out of danger yet, and that Depheir had just saved his skull.

You might want to edit your post. Fenwick does get knocked off his feet, but in addition, he DOES get slammed in the dome by the attack that follows. Part of the spell that Sig uses means that he gets a free attack immediately after casting the spell. This attack actually DID hit you. It's Sig's SECOND action that fails to hit you because of Depheir's Confusion spell.

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
« Reply #77 on: September 17, 2010, 05:14:40 PM »
I was just thinking of the fact that Sembas actually invokes the spell to enable Faile to do the magic attacks.  He loads the gun by chanting or concentrating on the enchantment, then Faile can fire the gun whenever she chooses afterwards.

I was going to add more into the my last post.  Sembas was going to feign an attack to draw Bran's attention while Faile crashed down from his blindside to try and knock him off his feet.  It seemed like a lot of actions in one post so I left it as it is now.  Would this have been within the limits?

Sembas casts buff / Faile activates buff at Sembas's call: 1
Sembas attacks: 1
Faile attacks: 1

So it would be 1 spell between the two of them and 1 attack each.

Sorry if I'm overanalyzing, I just want to get this sorted out for the future
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 05:19:41 PM by Kitharsis »

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #78 on: September 17, 2010, 10:13:22 PM »
Sembas casts buff / Faile activates buff at Sembas's call: 1
Sembas attacks: 1
Faile attacks: 1

So it would be 1 spell between the two of them and 1 attack each.

Sorry if I'm overanalyzing, I just want to get this sorted out for the future

Because casting takes time, Sembas casting a spell would not allow him any time for a physical action as well. However, because Faile is not casting (merely being buffed) she could still act. It would basically amount to:

Sembas casts spell allowing Faile to receive the buff
Faile would then use her action to attack

Offline john greymore

• Marine Sergeant
  • This world is Sacred
« Reply #79 on: September 17, 2010, 11:37:17 PM »
My fault, sorry.  :-[