Advanced search  

News:

There is no news - all is well.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Members: 35  •  Posts: 8037  •  Topics: 486  • 
Please welcome Fallen Templar, our newest member.

Author Topic: New Epic battle Character  (Read 6528 times)

Offline Daccio

• Captain
New Epic battle Character
« on: November 24, 2016, 08:10:09 PM »
So, I am going to be retiring Sepher after the current story wraps up, for several reasons.

I am kicking around the idea for a new character and have hit on something i really like.

I played Tau in wh40k TT and loved them, so I think i might go with a tau character. Now, they are very strict and stuff about their greater good, so i can see this character, sorta being an edge of society character, yes, recognized as a hero, but sent off into space to explore and make nice with other races and see places, and potentially map things out for expansion. She would have access to the technological monster that is the tau, which is where her strengths would come from.

For a name, I was thinking Shas'o T'au Vash'aun'an Gal'leath, which pretty much means 'commander and hero of the fire caste of the T'au sept, Explorer of warp space'

This is currently a writing space to keep things noted down. Feel free to chat with me about it!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shas'o T'au Vash'aun'an Gal'leath

Race: Tau
Origin: T'au, in the Ultima Segmentum of the Eastern Fringe

Appearance: Shas'o Vash'aun'an stands roughly 5'3" and is muscular in build. Her bluish skin, hoofed feet and 4 digit hands mark her distinctly alien to the imperium humans. Her skin is rough and almost leather like and she has a somewhat flat face with wide round eyes. Where a human's nose would be, she has a distinctive Y shaped slit on her face. In non combat situations, she wears what appears to be layered, thin robe-like garments. When she goes to war, however, she wears a Mech Pilot suit, designed to integrate with her bio-mechanical augmentations as well as with her custom built power suit. Along her arms, up her neck and sliding barely onto to her face, as well as along her legs are small lines of some composite metal wire where she has outfitted herself with some of the most advanced bio-mechanical augments she could design. At her belt she often has at least two things, one is a modified pistol she designed herself to be a miniature version of the tau fusion blaster and the other is a highly stylized bonding knife she always wears to show her connection with her closest confidants and friends, as well as to the greater good.

Personality: Though she can function just fine on her own, she is a complete team player. For the greater good, after all. She is generally pleasant, though has been known to sometimes seem lost in thought and distant. She is an amazing tactician and planner, often coordinating several cadres in successful missions. She can be a bit formal, but that is only natural, due to the nature of the tau. She is something of a hero among her people and she is often looked well upon, so is very confident in herself.

Abilities:

Sharpshooter: Vash is considered to be one of the better shots amongst the fire caste. She was practiced religiously with all sorts of equipment and gained master level sharpshooting skills even before her introduction to her neural implant, which has done nothing but further her already amazing skills.

Engineer: Vash has a brilliant mind, particularly for machines and technology. She is considered a leader in the field and often experiments with her on creations to further her survivability and capability.

Close combat fighter: She, unlike most of the rest of the tau, has trained vigerously in hand to hand combat so that she is never caught off guard.

Chaos resistance: Tau in general are virtually immune to the warp and the perils that come with it. They have no psykers to speak of, though Vash, with the assistance of her AI, is able to plot courses through the warp

Equipment:

Personal Equipment: Vash has access to anything the Tau military has access to, being the commander of her forces. In addition, she has the following

Neural Implant
A small device implanted into the base of the skull that interfaces with Vash's body. It also houses an experimental processor that allows an AI to reside here, forming a symbiotic relationship between Vash and her AI.

CAS
Short for Cognitive Augmentation Schema, Vash's AI has been fully integrated into her via her neural implant and interfaces with her in a mutually beneficial relationship. It can speak to her and she can think back to it, and the AI improves her cognitive abilites vastly beyond that of most organic beings. CAS also interfases with Vash's other augmentation implants to maximize efficiency and can see from her eyes.

Augmentation implants
While Vash is a powerful warrior in her own right, she realized after her dual with Farsight that she needed an edge. She started developing augmentation implants that allowed her body to function beyond standard capabilites of many organic races. She is faster, stronger and tougher that any tau out there, able to withstand and dish out significantly more punishment.

XV85-03 Enforcer Battlesuit
The XV85 Enforcer Battlesuit is a larger and sleeker variant of the standard XV8 Crisis Battlesuit that provides better protection and joint movement for the pilot, and can mount additional support systems or weapons. It is produced in limited numbers, and is issued almost exclusively to Tau Commanders. This battlesuit has been modified by Shas'O Vash to interface directly with her AI and comes prepared to equip any of the technologies equipped by lesser battle suits. This is how the battlesuit earned the -03 designation. One of the more notable of these are stealth field generators which allow the heavy battlesuit to cloak.

Rail Pistol
Based off of the Tau rail rifle technology that the pathfinders use for their sniper rifles and the rail guns used on suits and vehicles, this is a custom designed pistol that Vash made herself. Very sleek and angular in design, it launches solid slugs at exteremely high speeds. The slugs from this pistol can easily penetrate vehicle armor at close range.

Honor blade
A broad, long bladed spear that vash weilds with deadly proficiency, gifted to her by the ethereals upon her departure. The material used to craft this spear is lightweight and very durable.

Bonding Knife
Vash is always seen with a knife at her belt and those of her personal bodyguard all have an exact duplicate of that knife, carved with the tau letters for honor and a symbol depicting the small elite troop of forces that personally protect Vash. She has performed the bonding ritual with them, and they are virtually fearless.

Suit Equipment:

Dawn Blade-
The Dawn Blade is older than even the Imperium of Man, and it was fashioned aeons ago by the strange xenos race that once inhabited the haunted world of its origin. Forged from materials that even the finest Earth Caste minds cannot fathom, its blade is sharp enough to cut through rock and all known forms of infantry and even vehicle armour; and its sculpted surface flickers with unknown energies which paint glittering arcs of destruction as it is swung

Her experimental battlesuit can be outfitted with any of the following:

Standard weapons

Burst Cannon
The Burst Cannon is the bigger cousin of the Pulse Carbine. It sacrifices its ability to pin down the enemy for a greatly increased rate of fire.

Flamer
Used mainly in close quarters and urban environments, this weapon is considered a back-up, as Tau avoid close combat at all costs. It is effective at close ranges, but can leave the user in danger of getting trapped in hand-to-hand combat.

Fusion Blaster
Used when hunting enemy tanks and commanders, the fusion blaster can punch through armor like nothing's there and can drop even the heaviest of targets with a single well-placed shot.

Missile Pod
The missile pod is used on Tau battlesuits as a long-range support weapon.  Its high rate of fire and long range make it arguably one of the best weapons for a battlesuit.

Plasma Rifle
Often used in conjunction with missile pods and fusion blasters, the plasma rifle is capable of penetrating the heaviest infantry armor. It becomes even more dangerous when one gets up close.

Railgun
Mounted on the XV88 Broadside battlesuit and loaded with a solid slug, the railgun has no match when it comes to taking down infantry and vehicles. No armor is too thick, no vehicle too tough. It has more range than any other gun used by Tau infantry.

SMS (Smart Missile System)
One of the most unique weapons in the Tau arsenal is the Smart Missile System or SMS. It fires drone-guided missiles that seek out the target and track them down regardless of where they are hiding. Walls and cover will not protect a target from these missiles. The SMS can be mounted on Tau skimmers and XV88 Broadside Battlesuits.

Super charged Ion Cannon: An ion cannon is a weapon typically designed for tanks. It fires a focused ion blast which reacts explosively with the targets. This is a modified version to be more powerful and interface with Vash's suit. If something really, really needs blown up, this is the weapon for the job.

Experimental Weapons:

Heavy Railgun: These are like the regular railguns, but much much more powerful. You will regularly see these in the biggest of the tau battlesuits and on tanks. Vash has modified one to interface with her custom battle suit. These shells have been known to pass through the thickest of any type of armor.

Anti-material Burst cannon: This cannon is the bigger brother of the standard burst cannon. It is roughly the same size, but packs much more of a considerable punch as it is loaded with special rounds that break down the target at the molecular level, tearing armor and organic apart with ease.

Cleansing fire SMS: This is an advanced version of the tau smart missile system that combines the benefits of missile pods with a sms system. While the original sms uses drones to control the missiles and is deadly on its own, these interface with Vash's AI for even further increased efficiency and tactical decision making. The payloads can be loaded with various munitions, including antimaterial warheads, flechette discharger, bunker buster missiles, etc.

Fusion cutter: This is something of a combination between a flamer and fusion blaster. Gouts of fusion energy can be released in short bursts, mimicking the effect of a flamer while simultaneously maintaining the destructive capability of a fusion blaster. Good for close combat.

Background:

[This is the single most important section of your character post. While everything else above this serves as mechanics, it is the background that breathes the spark of life into your character. This is also where your character can stand out as an original creation instead of just some bad-ass from a movie or game that you decided to play. Make this as detailed as possible. Really try to sell the Battle Master on your character. Well thought out characters are much more fun to play then quickly thrown together ones. If you can't fill this section, it may be possible that you need to go back to the drawing board on that particular character and work on some other ideas. Try to make sure you've fleshed out your character before submitting it for approval, as that will save you time and frustration.

[Any additional info that does not fit any of these sections can go in the bottom of your character sheet. If you're a returning battler from the old Administorum, posting some of your history with the other Epic Companions can help pad out your character further.]
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 10:52:56 AM by Daccio »

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
    • First post after joining the board battles
Re: New Epic battle Character
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2016, 12:46:27 AM »
Sounds neat....though um....what would be a shortened version of that name? (i.e. Cameron instead of Cameron Aileron).  Would it be simply "Shas'o"?
Religion and greed, cause millions to bleed.

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
  • The Rampaging Chorus of Shadow
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2016, 01:53:37 AM »
Shas'o, if you're being formal. Probably Vash or Vash'aun/Vash'aun'an if you're being friendly.

Offline Daccio

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2016, 04:02:07 PM »
Yeah, Shas'O probably at first, until she becomes closer with the group.

She's going to have a lot of mechanized things, to help explain their renewability, tthough she will certainly have her members of her ships and stuff as actual tau peoples.

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
    • To the Bitter End - Warcraft III Mod
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2016, 07:20:35 PM »
"Gue'la madman!  They cannot be reasoned with."

Sounds interesting.  My only concern is that there probably needs to be something unique about Shas'o or her equipment to elevate her to a power level considerably higher than the average Tau (kinda like what Gulgrim did with his Ork being special).

Even the mightiest 'standard' Tau technology would have trouble going up against the likes of threats the companions tend to confront.

Offline Daccio

• Captain
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2016, 08:04:18 PM »
My thought is, that because she is like... THE explorer and bond forger for the tau, she gets access to experimental and new tech before anyone else, and has license to create and work on her own.

She's probably going to be a competent engineer in her own right, able to design things and stuff, for new use. And some of the tau stuff.... well, let's just say it IS  up to the task. Their standard weapons are much more powerful than a lot of the standard weapons of the other races, and they also have assimilated a lot of other races into their people, so those will be at her disposal too.

I definately intend for her tech to allow her to keep up with the companions.

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2016, 11:28:52 PM »
I mean when you're carrying twin shoulder-mounted Pulse cannons on your crisis suit that just so happen to be using experimental matter disassembling tech that no other Tau in the universe have access to, you can be considered up to the task.

Offline Daccio

• Captain
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2016, 01:28:45 PM »
And their heavy railguns? That's some scary shit man.

Offline Daccio

• Captain
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2016, 08:35:09 PM »
Since no one has really done anything with the tau at all, the background in this universe is sorta in my hands. I had toyed with her eventually obtaining the dawnblade, if anyone knows what that was. Not sure 100% though. Might be neat, and a good way to describe why she is living so long.

http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Dawn_Blade

Edit as of 8:45 pm - I think I am going to go with this. I have ideas.

Sorry, this is literally my scratchboard for this character
« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 08:50:13 PM by Daccio »

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2017, 12:00:54 AM »
Cameron is looking forward to having a literal arms race with your new character.

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2017, 07:24:51 AM »
*Gulgrim dumps a pile of severed arms onto the table* Wot? Ye wanted an Arms race, didn'cha?

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
    • First post after joining the board battles
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2018, 12:57:23 AM »
Well, I must say especially since both Cameron, Gulgrim, and this character are (at the least for the most part) based in the same universe, it outta make potentially bringing her into the Epic rather interesting lol.  Orks working with Tau....not something you generally expect to see hehe :-p
Religion and greed, cause millions to bleed.