Advanced search  

News:

There is no news - all is well.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Members: 35  •  Posts: 8037  •  Topics: 486  • 
Please welcome Fallen Templar, our newest member.

Author Topic: Random or Ridiculous  (Read 24880 times)

Offline Tyvaris

• Veteran Sergeant
Re: Random or Ridiculous
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2010, 06:19:39 AM »
I'd say though about Raven Guard and the Big SM Codex is that it does afford a ton of options; probably the most for any Codex.  You could have any number of cool combinations of units as the Templar to me seem really limited as I start to build lists for them.  They can't have a whirlwind, Librarians(They Hate Psykers, Adhor the witch and all that), Vangaurd, Sternguard, Devestators and a list of other things that a lot of Marine Players love to use.  Those Devestator squads are pretty much the mainstay of a lot of Space Marine armies from what I can see reading lists online.   With the new SM codex anyone can pretty much take a Redeemer or Crusader Land Raider and what would be awesome is taking some Legion of the Damned with ANY Space Marine army.    I hate Ultramarines though... seriously they didn't do much during the Horus Heresy and their fluff is weak.  Black Templar have some nice fluff including coming back from crusades to fight Vandire in charge of the Ecleisarchy on Terra the first army to fight where their founding chapter the Imperial Fists fought to subdue the Sons of Horus outside the Emperor's Palace    Everything I'm reading now about Space Wolves looks awesome too, bezerker wolfen barbarians in space.   

I love the inquisition fluff and stuff and definately am keeping an eye out for all the news related to them, but Black Templar are pretty much all im focusing on right now.  I do have the taint of chaos and my renegade legion has a lot of room for growth too, if only I can pick a chapter color scheme I like.  Chaos SM are cool too they have a lot of the SM fluff but with a couple dark twists.    I definately hope we can all play at some point in the future before a 6th Edition comes out circa 2012ish knowing GW. 

Recently I have been trying NOT to buy anymore stuff, I have sold off whole armies of stuff as I know I just don't have the time, Nids, Orks, Steel Legion all gone.  The Prices going up has sorta forced me to buy one unit a month or less which is ok, I mean if u think about it, you buy your HQ one month for say under $45 then the next month or couple months you can save up and get the Battleforce and you pretty much have the basic troops, then from there you just flesh out based on what kind of army you like.    Im glad the Guild is around and I do buy smaller items from time to time from them, but I usually buy the core of my troops online as the prices are just too good to pass up, if anyone would like a list of places to get stuff cheap online let me know.   I then pretty much pick my blisters up either at the guild or used or even Bartertown..   I buy my hobby supplies online too as GW has some of the most expensive static grass, sand, paint anywhere.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2010, 06:53:28 AM »
You should REALLY wait for the Codex before you start building lists for Templars. All of the other Space Marine Faction lists have been radically changed by their respective 5th ed updates. They'll be no different.

Offline Tyvaris

• Veteran Sergeant
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2010, 11:41:44 AM »
Well I pretty much am only building the compulsory units which I know will be in any Templar codex.  Crusader Squads, Emperor's Champion, Chaplains, and Land Raider Crusaders.  Pretty much the rest is speculation.  I believe the main thing they will do is juice up the power of the Emperor's Champion it was nerfed with 5th Ed and pretty much made unspecial and the Vows that the army can take.  They may add vanguard, devestators, sternguard, or update sword brethren.   My only wish is that if they would make Death Company in plastics I can't see why they wouldn't make Sword Brethren plastics.   Not going too overboard right now but most of the Dex is a condenced SM army, with Sword Brethren being the same as a Veteren Squad and Termies are about the same.   It's mainly the Vows that make the army fluffy.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 12:40:13 PM by Castellan »

Offline Tyvaris

• Veteran Sergeant
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2010, 01:35:19 PM »
I took a gander and the SM codex again last night and realized it that maybe a Dex army isn't so bad.  The special Character makes the army so if you played Lysander I'm pretty sure he conveys a special rule for the whole army.  I don't know who is in charge of the Raven Guard but seems that every special Character leader makes the army and confers an army wide rule.  Supposedly Salamanders get a nice rule with twin linked flamers army wide, nice.

Offline Yue Kurine

• Captain
  • Eh?
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2010, 11:43:18 PM »
Now who's all off topic you guys! XP Its not random if your all talking about the same thing, you silly warhammer crazies.

As we speak, hundreds of resistance fighters are gathered in the Hessemeel Commons, expecting amnesty and a mule! HA! Fools! Everyone knows there's no such thing as a free mule!

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
  • Who wants to build a sand castle?
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2010, 10:12:28 AM »
Arcadius said you were 'The Golden One'. I die unconvinced.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2010, 12:11:30 PM »
As we speak, hundreds of resistance fighters are gathered in the Hessemeel Commons, expecting amnesty and a mule! HA! Fools! Everyone knows there's no such thing as a free mule!

???

Offline Tyvaris

• Veteran Sergeant
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2010, 02:28:29 PM »
"Momma told me, they was ma runnin shoes; they'd take me anywhere."

Offline Yue Kurine

• Captain
  • Eh?
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2010, 06:32:03 PM »

Oak.

Offline Danyael

• Chapter Master
  • Get out of yourself and grow.
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2010, 07:38:10 PM »
Everyone knows there's no such thing as a free mule!

*Looks to his mule that Clutch gave him for free*
Danyael:  ???
Mule: "The hell are you gawkin' at?!" :o
Danyael:   ::)
"Yeah, well, ya' better have a spatula where we're goin' cause my ass is frozen to this yak!" :o

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2010, 10:48:02 PM »
Looks like someone's getting a donkey show.

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
  • Who wants to build a sand castle?
« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2010, 11:00:16 PM »
Feh, are we not pulling quotes from the Kröd Mändoon and the Flaming Sword of Fire wikiquote page?

Cause I thought we were playing that game.

I was winning.

Now I'm just lost.

Offline Yue Kurine

• Captain
  • Eh?
« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2010, 01:22:22 AM »
Haha. Thats cheating but yah pretty much. The series is great as well, too short tho.

Offline Danyael

• Chapter Master
  • Get out of yourself and grow.
« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2010, 11:52:19 AM »
Looks like someone's getting a donkey show.
The preferred vernacular, young man, is mule. :o

Feh, are we not pulling quotes from the Kröd Mändoon and the Flaming Sword of Fire wikiquote page?

Wait, what? ???
"Yeah, well, ya' better have a spatula where we're goin' cause my ass is frozen to this yak!" :o

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
    • To the Bitter End - Warcraft III Mod
« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2010, 11:03:58 PM »
Anyone in the market for the head of Vecna?  I don't need it anymore so I'm selling it.

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
  • The Rampaging Chorus of Shadow
« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2010, 09:48:47 AM »
I am good sir! I'll trade you a Medusa head for it. Just make sure you blindfold it before you take it.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 09:50:18 AM by Shadow Chorus »

Offline Tyvaris

• Veteran Sergeant
« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2010, 10:09:33 AM »

Offline Angie

• Scout
« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2011, 01:38:42 AM »

Offline Archdemon Stu

• Veteran Sergeant
« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2011, 06:41:58 AM »
I showed that image to some friends.  Think I was the only one who thought it was hilarious.