Advanced search  

News:

There is no news - all is well.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Members: 35  •  Posts: 8042  •  Topics: 486  • 
Please welcome Fallen Templar, our newest member.

Author Topic: Shadowhaunt: The Black Crusade OOC thread I  (Read 60742 times)

Offline Archdemon Stu

• Veteran Sergeant
Re: Shadowhaunt: The Black Crusade OOC thread I
« Reply #180 on: April 25, 2013, 02:01:06 AM »
Would The Gorger know what guns are, or even cannons?  I'm assuming it's all new to anyone who came from the outside of Mordintharas or orc and/or dwarven kingdoms, but I just wanted to verify before I post. :P

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
  • The Rampaging Chorus of Shadow
« Reply #181 on: April 25, 2013, 05:35:55 AM »
Yes, gunpowder is completely unknown to the human races, who are still working with crossbows and ballistae as their most advanced ranged weaponry.

Offline Radobe

• Marine Sergeant
  • Make games, not love!
« Reply #182 on: May 03, 2013, 03:47:45 PM »
Sorry for my absence, I was helping a friend with his dissertation for 2 weeks, tomorrow I will have free time and I will get back into the action.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 05:18:01 PM by Radobe »
An eye for two, a tooth for a jaw, a hair for a head! Fight to be respected!

Offline Radobe

• Marine Sergeant
  • Make games, not love!
« Reply #183 on: May 04, 2013, 03:45:24 PM »
My posts is meant to be Rau experimenting with his new found energy. At first I thought I should speculate on the results, but I changed my mind since that would show what I want from it and since it is meant as an experiment I don’t think I should be the one writing down the results. I did ask shadow, amongst other things, if it was ok with him to write down what happens in these experiments, but I didn’t get a reply on that bit, so I am kind of lost as to how I should do these experiments. Any way I thought it would be a nice way to spice things up!  ;D
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 03:47:23 PM by Radobe »

Offline Archdemon Stu

• Veteran Sergeant
« Reply #184 on: May 04, 2013, 08:38:32 PM »
Oooooooh, this could turn out very interesting... will it heal parts of his memory?  Maybe the scars on his face?  Will it make The Gorger itchy and uncomfortable from the pure holy energy?  I'm excited.  I like your thinking.

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
  • Who wants to build a sand castle?
« Reply #185 on: May 07, 2013, 08:58:38 AM »
I have to say that the pacing of this battle is quite agreeable.  I'm glad you all are very busy, it allows me to be lazy :P

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
« Reply #186 on: May 07, 2013, 02:58:08 PM »
My posts is meant to be Rau experimenting with his new found energy. At first I thought I should speculate on the results, but I changed my mind since that would show what I want from it and since it is meant as an experiment I don’t think I should be the one writing down the results. I did ask shadow, amongst other things, if it was ok with him to write down what happens in these experiments, but I didn’t get a reply on that bit, so I am kind of lost as to how I should do these experiments. Any way I thought it would be a nice way to spice things up!  ;D

I thought I answered that. It's fine to experiment.

Offline Radobe

• Marine Sergeant
  • Make games, not love!
« Reply #187 on: May 08, 2013, 02:18:38 AM »
You did answer everything apart from, if you would write the results of the experiments and that was what I was on about in the last post. How should we do the results?

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
« Reply #188 on: May 08, 2013, 05:35:46 AM »
That's up to The Gorger. I'll just paste what I said in the message here.

I'm gonna borrow a bit from Warcraft's lore and also adding a bit of my own.

Without spoiling too much, we can tell you that wielding the Light is a matter of having willpower or faith in one's own ability to do it. That's why there are evil paladins (for example, the Scarlet Crusade and Arthas before he took up Frostmourne). For the undead (and Forsaken), this requires such a great deal of willpower that it is exceedingly rare, especially since it is self-destructive. When undead channel the Light, it feels (to them) as if their entire bodies are being consumed in righteous fire. Forsaken healed by the Light (whether the healer is Forsaken or not) are effectively cauterized by the effect: sure, the wound is healed, but the healing effect is cripplingly painful. Thus, Forsaken priests are beings of unwavering willpower; Forsaken (and death knight) tanks suffer nobly when they have priest and paladin healers in the group; and Sir Zeliek REALLY hates himself.

Also, a side-effect of receiving the holy light is that, aside from the pain of the healing, undead begin to partially return to life, regaining their physical senses. What this means is that they begin to feel the maggots crawling within their skin, smell their rotting flesh, and taste the mold growing in their mouth. This is overall a living hell for any undead in that situation, though Undead wielders of the Aether suffer nobly and bear with this curse to prick them to their duties.

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
« Reply #189 on: May 08, 2013, 09:48:12 AM »
Sounds like we might have an angry Gorger on our hands.  Or will the small traces of living flesh invigorate him?

Hmmm...

Would pumping entirely too much of that Holy Light into The Gorger return him to life again?  Are we going to have a Holy Light addict on our hands here?

Offline Archdemon Stu

• Veteran Sergeant
« Reply #190 on: May 08, 2013, 01:31:58 PM »
Well I'm not sure how he'd react at this point myself.

...but keep in mind, while he is technically undead, he wasn't completely drained of blood to become a ghoul, and his blood stills flows in a way that would keep him rotting THAT much. Maybe tone down the missing flesh and rot a bit, but not completely remove it.

So I assume he doesn't have a bunch maggots crawling around or anything, and he has regenerative properties, or at least when he's being fed regularly (he was starved at the point where the werewolf in his history ripped his face apart).  He already tastes and smells, but he seems to ignore his senses that don't involve the hunt for a worthy meal, and he has a bunch of rot on his teeth and fangs (oh boy...).  Just being in the holy aura this city was giving off, his skin began to sting and itch uncontrollably, so if the Aether was applied directly...

Ouch.

This will be a fun post!  I'm excited.  Want me to post next due to direct interaction, or are we doing the usual rotation?
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 02:23:20 PM by Archdemon Stu »

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
« Reply #191 on: May 08, 2013, 03:06:22 PM »
Go ahead and make a reaction post, and I'll build my next post around it.

Offline Archdemon Stu

• Veteran Sergeant
« Reply #192 on: May 09, 2013, 03:30:50 PM »
So much for his "playing nice" act. :P

Offline Radobe

• Marine Sergeant
  • Make games, not love!
« Reply #193 on: May 10, 2013, 05:22:48 AM »
It was a bout time things got out of hand. Let’s see how far we can get it from here. :D

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
« Reply #194 on: May 10, 2013, 06:20:27 AM »
Walter's not unfeeling enough to let that stand. Time to write yet another inspirational speech.

Offline Radobe

• Marine Sergeant
  • Make games, not love!
« Reply #195 on: May 15, 2013, 02:15:14 AM »
I was under the impression, that The Gorger was the only one who was to write a reaction. Should I write one as well?

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
« Reply #196 on: May 15, 2013, 08:33:18 AM »
Whoops!  Did I post out of turn?  I can remove that and tack it into my next one.

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
« Reply #197 on: May 15, 2013, 04:51:51 PM »
Don't worry about it, just sit there until I type a post.

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
« Reply #198 on: May 22, 2013, 11:53:44 AM »
School is out and now I have a lot more time to devote to this.

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
« Reply #199 on: May 23, 2013, 08:40:49 PM »
I had to do just a -little- bit of controlling your characters for this post, but only in so much as I assumed they wouldn't fight back against the raging tamer spitting fire and lightning as he picked them up off the ground. Man it was hard to type anger for the guy who'd been so understanding in the past. I hope you guys like what I did though.