Advanced search  

News:

There is no news - all is well.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Members: 35  •  Posts: 8037  •  Topics: 486  • 
Please welcome Fallen Templar, our newest member.

Author Topic: The Eye of Terror: OOC Thread IX  (Read 74563 times)

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
Re: The Eye of Terror: OOC Thread IX
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2015, 03:52:52 AM »
Still waiting on a few people. I'll try to get in touch with them tomorrow.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2015, 02:02:28 AM »
I've heard from Danyael and he said he was going to have a post up by the end of last week, but haven't heard from him since then. I still haven't heard from Kitharsis at all. I'm giving them one more day to get posts up before we move on.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2015, 04:50:30 PM »
Danyael never posted, and I have not heard from Kitharsis. So we'll move on without them. For now, I'm leaving it open for them to rejoin us. I'll god mod them if it becomes necessary.

The barrier Peterson created is impenetrable, for now. I'd prefer if you'd stay on Cameron's side of it for now, because otherwise you're going to end up sitting out for a bit. As usual, anything in italics was a psychic message, in this case intended for Cameron. No one else should be reacting to that text.

Fei, Jharm, and Gulgrim are the only ones actually at the Warp Gate at this time. Everyone else should describe how you're covering the significant distance between yourself and the gate on your next reply. Also, despite the distance covered, please keep in mind that we are still inside a building. It's a HUGE building. The Eye of Terror is weird.

Soul Reaver, please describe your exit from the Warp Gate on your next post. You may feel free to start attacking, but limit your targets to Fei, Gulgrim, and Jharm for now until the rest of the party has a chance to join the fray.

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
    • To the Bitter End - Warcraft III Mod
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2015, 07:48:21 PM »
Right, posted!

Anyone who has known Soul Reaver for any length of time will realize there are other energies at work here.  Jharm visited Inferno before (in The Weaver of Destiny) and will easily recognize these energies as being from there - and anyone who has heard Blooddrinker talk will recognize the voice.

Gulgrim might be a bit in the dark since I don't think he's even met Soul Reaver before.

No attacks yet, I'll see how things play out first.

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
    • First post after joining the board battles
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2015, 08:19:28 PM »
The glow from Jharm and whatnot is not an outright "attack".  At this point he figures that Blooddrinker simply has overcome Soul Reaver, probably due to them being in the Eye, and is attempting to pierce through whatever haze/illusion/etc that the demon is using against Soul.  Of course with the current "state" Soul is in, I have little doubt that he will view it as an outright attack lol.
Religion and greed, cause millions to bleed.

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
  • The Rampaging Chorus of Shadow
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2015, 01:18:59 AM »
I doubt Gulgrim could actually go toe to toe with Soul Reaver, but he's basically acting as a meat shield between Soul and the two people he thinks can actually make Soul stop. He may even actually be able to duel him a bit if he manages to get enough time to draw power.

He's hoping to be able to survive this by virtue of being an Ork, who only gets stronger the longer they fight. He's basically doing that in the extreme by drawing on his powers.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 01:22:02 AM by Shadow Chorus »

Offline Fei

• Banned
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2015, 03:08:21 PM »
Hey Soul,  Fei isn't really in a battle ready or hostile stance. he's just kinda standing there singing Scatman in his head.  :p

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2015, 03:58:37 PM »
Hey Soul,  Fei isn't really in a battle ready or hostile stance. he's just kinda standing there singing Scatman in his head.  :p

Edited my earlier post to adjust.

Soul Reaver's attacking, oh no!  Jharm's words seem to be falling on deaf ears - there isn't exactly an illusion at work here.

Blooddrinker is currently about as sharp as it can possibly be, and will cut through anything that doesn't itself have a property of being nigh-indestructible - though of course, Gulgrim may not know that at this point.

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2015, 04:54:21 PM »
Yeah while Soul is under any sort of "illusion" Jharm doesn't really know that lol.  He is simply figuring that Blooddrinker alone is responsible for Soul Reavers current "state".

Also Fei....with the kind of mindset Soul is in, you standing there non-chalantly could easily be viewed as "battle stance/combat ready" to him as he already "thinks" we sold out Asaki.....to quote IT Crowd...."the bitch is crazy!".

Offline Danyael

• Chapter Master
  • Get out of yourself and grow.
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2015, 11:21:26 PM »
Cameron, I sent a PM. Please read it at your convenience and thank you.
"Yeah, well, ya' better have a spatula where we're goin' cause my ass is frozen to this yak!" :o

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2015, 12:44:20 AM »
Cameron, I sent a PM. Please read it at your convenience and thank you.

Received and replied.

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
  • The Rampaging Chorus of Shadow
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2015, 01:15:44 AM »
It's up to Soul whether or not Gulgrim's attacks are doing any more than annoying him or not. He's just trying to prevent soul from adequately mounting a counterattack by constantly changing his angle of attack.

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2015, 05:00:52 PM »
Breakdown of what happened:

Soul Reaver apparently didn't hit Gulgrim and is being pummeled, though to little effect.  It slowed him down enough to now make him consider Gulgrim a threat/enemy.

He then lashes all around himself with Blooddrinker.  He doesn't seem to know where Gulgrim will attack, so he compensates for that with pure coverage - if Gulgrim doesn't know where he'll appear, he'll have just as much trouble avoiding the blade.  Making this worse, the sword is cutting open small (temporary) Warp Gates where it passes - those pose a real danger as well to un-Warp Shielded material (should Gulgrim find himself touching them).

But Soul Reaver's real target right now is Jharm, and he's about to punch him in the chest with a Fists of Force spell.  If the punch connects, it'll add additional kinetic force to the punch.  Soul Reaver's already pretty strong normally, with the addition of the spell he can punch through solid steel walls as though they were paper.  If Jharm gets hit he'd likely survive it, but would be knocked back a significant distance and almost certainly stunned.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2015, 11:10:40 AM »
"So be it Soul Reaver!  While I am sad it must go this way.....your madness must be ended!"

Madness?

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Just to make this post a little bit less spam, I'll use it to say that I should be posting for Cameron later tonight.

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2015, 05:14:29 PM »
Well lets make it official then

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxwqIFz2PwA

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2015, 05:21:40 PM »
Quite a few things happened now (and Jharm gave me the perfect launch point for a scene I was looking forward to):

- Soul Reaver has wings!  The burst of energy released when he manifested them would have knocked anyone nearby (such as Gulgrim) backwards.

- Seeing as he now has two people after him who seem to like teleporting/reality bending, Soul Reaver has cast a 'sealing' type spell.  This will inhibit various forms of teleportation and instant travel in the space around him.  Warp Gates will prove difficult to open, and teleportation will fail without considerable effort and concentration (though it's not as heavily impeded as reality bending).  It's affecting Blooddrinker too in the sense that even though the blade is still as sharp as before, it's not cutting holes into reality anymore; it's like reality reforms much more quickly and resists manipulation.  Note it only seems to affect a limited area around him (about a 3-5 meter radius, for now).  Other characters are unlikely to recognize this effect unless they are familiar with magic similar to that used in Inferno or The Mortal Plane, and will likely not realize it's happened until they try to teleport/reality bend within the area of effect.

- Soul Reaver launched himself into the air and caused rocky spikes to stab outwards from the ground from his previous position.  Soul Reaver timed it that they would manifest just as Danyael was about to arrive.  Danyael (and his images) will find himself running full-tilt into the spikes unless he stops himself.  At the time of Danyael's arrival, this was still inside the 'sealed' area, so Danyael likely won't be able to avoid them through reality bending or teleportation.

- Soul Reaver is now airborne, engaged in a duel with Jharm.

- It's started raining fire.  Bolts of flame will fall from the sky.  They somehow never seem to fall on Soul Reaver, but everyone else in the area is fair game (including Jharm - especially his large surface-area-covering wings - despite his close proximity to Soul Reaver)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 05:23:20 PM by Soul Reaver »

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2015, 05:34:49 PM »
is the "oozes a shimmering trail" thing supposed to be anything special or just "fluff description"?

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2015, 05:48:38 PM »
is the "oozes a shimmering trail" thing supposed to be anything special or just "fluff description"?

Mostly just fluff - it's how the sword looks when it's not cutting actual holes into reality (because reality is re-asserting itself as soon as the blade passes through it), but would be sharp enough to do so.

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2015, 07:38:00 PM »
ok hopefully everything is good with what I posted.  I figured as both combatants are excellent melee combatants and it didn't seem as if Soul was doing anything....specific in his charge, having the two lock weapons was an ok action.  The orb he launched up into the clouds is pretty much his attempt at trying to counteract Soul Reavers spell to remove or at least weaken the rain of fire.  Any issues feel free to msg me on here or skype Soul :)

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2015, 08:06:20 PM »
ok hopefully everything is good with what I posted.  I figured as both combatants are excellent melee combatants and it didn't seem as if Soul was doing anything....specific in his charge, having the two lock weapons was an ok action.  The orb he launched up into the clouds is pretty much his attempt at trying to counteract Soul Reavers spell to remove or at least weaken the rain of fire.  Any issues feel free to msg me on here or skype Soul :)

Looks good to me overall.  I don't really know much about Jharm's hammer (your character profile doesn't say much about it), but I assume that it's nigh-indestructible (either normally or due to the light surrounding it at the moment).  If it wasn't though, Blooddrinker would cut it clean in two without any effort.