Advanced search  

News:

There is no news - all is well.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Members: 35  •  Posts: 8042  •  Topics: 486  • 
Please welcome Fallen Templar, our newest member.

Author Topic: The Eye of Terror: OOC Thread IX  (Read 77712 times)

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
    • To the Bitter End - Warcraft III Mod
Re: The Eye of Terror: OOC Thread IX
« Reply #60 on: January 19, 2015, 04:15:05 AM »
Boy oh boy, this is pretty full-on!

- The Nightmares are dead (well, this lot anyway).

- Soul Reaver has cast a Retribution Shield spell.  It's a protective spell that will lessen the power of most attacks against him by absorbing some of the damage it the attacks would have done.  The name might let you guess what else it's likely to do later.

- Blooddrinker has been 'venting' some of Gulgrim's energy to reduce the amount of Waagh around/in him.  He's not able to use it directly because he's not an Ork.

- Soul Reaver has cast a modified Choke spell on Gulgrim.  Like the name suggests, it's a spell to suffocate its victim - it does this by transforming oxygen into a vile black smoke.  The normal version of the spell is designed to be very gradual - and it certainly won't stop Gulgrim immediately - but it's been modified to 'feed' off the victim's struggles.  The harder the victim pushes themselves, the faster it'll work.  Considering how full-on Gulgrim is going right now, it'll take effect very swiftly.  The spell has also been 'Locked', to make it difficult to remove.  If he pauses and focusses his psychic attention on it to undo it while Soul Reaver is engaged elsewhere, he probably could do it, but the way Gulgrim's going that's not looking likely.

- Soul Reaver's lost an arm.  He's replaced it temporarily with a shadowy (but still tangible), taloned substitute.  He also took a bunch of indirect hits from Jharm, as well as hits from Gulgrim and Kitharsis' tendrils, but he blocked Kitharsis' club blow.

- There are metal chains lashing around the place now.  They'll intercept/attack anything getting close at Soul Reaver.  They're whipping at the incoming comets and deflecting tendrils, and will similarly intercept any other people/projectiles.  They can be destroyed but will be getting replaced just as quickly as they're being blown up.

I might need to slow up a bit with the posting at this rate to give Danyael and Fei a chance to contribute too.

I'm having fun with this, I hope you guys are too!

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
  • The Rampaging Chorus of Shadow
« Reply #61 on: January 19, 2015, 05:50:47 AM »
And Gulgrim's out of the fight. I think he performed admirably, but the big green juggernaut has finally gone down after refusing to die for a final time. He won't die from the choke spell after the last act of intervention from his own energy, but he is gonna be taking a bit of a nap, probably for the rest of the fight.

Offline Fei

• Banned
« Reply #62 on: January 19, 2015, 12:50:20 PM »
i'll be posting today, you guys.
Been a bit preoccupied and didn't expect the boards to make so much progress in such a short amount of time.

And Gulgrim, get your ass back up :p

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
    • First post after joining the board battles
« Reply #63 on: January 19, 2015, 05:56:03 PM »
And Gulgrim's out of the fight. I think he performed admirably, but the big green juggernaut has finally gone down after refusing to die for a final time. He won't die from the choke spell after the last act of intervention from his own energy, but he is gonna be taking a bit of a nap, probably for the rest of the fight.

The Light does not abandon those in need!  Blooddrinker must once again feel the fury of Gulgrim Bonecruncha!

In all seriousness, you forget that you have the uber healz of the "serryfim" available.  Pretty much Jharm has cast a super heal on Gulgrim while also attempting to cleanse the ork of any ill effects from Soul Reavers attacks.  In regards to his lost arm, I leave it up to you as to whether the healing magic (coupled with an Orks natural healing abilities) is enough to restore the limb, but at the least the wound should be able to seal up.  Gotta get the tank back on his feet so the dps can go crazy again (yep....totally made a WoW reference hehe).
Religion and greed, cause millions to bleed.

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
« Reply #64 on: January 19, 2015, 08:00:14 PM »
He's still not waking up, at least right now. He's actually unconscious and basically in a state of rest. You may be able to heal his wounds, but it's gonna take one hell of a slap to wake that green giant up. I'll have a conversation with Soul about when it would be reasonable for Gulgrim to wake up and rejoin the fight, considering the conversation we had that lead to his falling unconscious, but you guys need some time in the limelight too.

Also the limb chopped off was mechanical, so there's no regrowing that with healing magic. He can replace it pretty easily however.

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #65 on: January 19, 2015, 08:07:08 PM »
Yeah, with all the limbs flying through the air at this point I'm losing track of whats real and whats fake/mechanical lol. 

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
« Reply #66 on: January 19, 2015, 08:29:28 PM »
It's alright. He'll be back up after everybody's had their fair share of action. For now, you can feel a faint, almost imperceptible stirring of power in the Ork. It's building slowly, but he won't be back up until he's ready.

Offline Fei

• Banned
« Reply #67 on: January 20, 2015, 04:41:09 AM »
Alrighty, Posted.  Let me know if there be any problems or editting required.

Sorry for the delay.  It's been a long night.

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
« Reply #68 on: January 20, 2015, 04:59:58 PM »
I'm going to hold off posting for a bit so that hopefully Danyael and Sepher (and maybe Cameron) can post something too.  If there's nothing from them, the latest I'll post is tomorrow (NZ time).

Also a heads up, I'm going on a week-long trip with my wife and in-laws starting the day after tomorrow.  No idea what internet access I'll have on that trip, so posting may be sporadic or non-existent until I'm back.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #69 on: January 21, 2015, 12:51:50 AM »
Barring any unforeseen circumstances, I should be able to get a post up tomorrow. This weekend is MAGFest, so tomorrow will probably be the last time I'm able to post until Monday at the earliest.

Offline Daccio

• Captain
« Reply #70 on: January 21, 2015, 10:09:00 AM »
Sorry for the delay, I will be posting shortly.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #71 on: January 21, 2015, 10:36:12 AM »
My post is up. Pretty straight forward. Cameron is trying to distract Soul Reaver to allow Fei to land hits more easily. Not really expecting the bolter fire to penetrate his shield.

The first psychic message was sent to all of the Companions. The second one went only to Soul Reaver.

As stated, this will probably be my last post until Monday unless something happens that requires a direct reply from me before Friday morning.

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #72 on: January 21, 2015, 06:49:05 PM »
Ok, so pretty much Jharm is attempting to do the very thing Cameron suggested, disarm Soul Reaver and get the damaged blade away from him.  The cords are composed entirely of light so depending on how messed up Soul is/how much Blooddrinker is coming through, they probably won't feel that great should they get a hold of him, especially the shadowy "arm" that has replaced his severed one.  No idea if they will be able to maintain any kind of hold on the blade itself since its so sharp and whatnot, but like I said there isnt anything exactly...."physical" to them so *shrug* :)

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
« Reply #73 on: January 22, 2015, 06:20:53 AM »
Firstly, it's great to see Sepher and Danyael posting again!

But unfortunately I'm not able to post today after all - I spent the whole day getting ready for my trip, and it's past midnight, and I need to get up super early to drive to the airport, so I don't think I have the strength right now.

I'll endeavor to remedy that when I both get internet access and have some peace and quiet, but for now apologies for the delay.

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
« Reply #74 on: January 22, 2015, 06:25:02 AM »
That might give Kith some time to post then. Either way, since everybody seems to be adamant that Gulgrim get back in the fight, and everybody's had a round to go, I'll have Gulgrim waking back up after Soul's next post. The nap probably did wonders for the whole 'going to Kill Soul Reaver dead' thing. If you guys manage to talk soul down he might not open fire immediately.

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
  • Who wants to build a sand castle?
« Reply #75 on: January 22, 2015, 09:28:10 AM »
Was waiting for the others to post. I will get something up today if I can.

Offline Danyael

• Chapter Master
  • Get out of yourself and grow.
« Reply #76 on: January 23, 2015, 11:22:36 PM »
Post edited due to discrepancies Deleted and re-posted to include more of the companions.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 12:23:12 AM by Danyael »
"Yeah, well, ya' better have a spatula where we're goin' cause my ass is frozen to this yak!" :o

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #77 on: January 25, 2015, 12:52:25 AM »
Would like to point out though that many of the companions have tried a "non-violent approach (the following copied from my first post after souls appearance.

"Soul Reaver starts to slowly advance on the trio, rage clearly evident on his visage.  It is clear to Jharm that they have only a few moments, at best, before their "old friend" attacks them.  Were it anyone else the Seraphim would not hesitate  further....but he had traveled with Reaver long enough he could not bring himself to go that far unless it was clear that he had no other choice.  His voice booms across the area as he speaks, light gently radiating from his body as he attempts to fight through whatever illusion Blooddrinker has overcome Soul with.

"Soul Reaver!  Do not do this!  He is poisoning you against us!  Fight his dark power!"

Also i believe kith and cameron tried to "get through" to him before gaving to result in violence :)

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
« Reply #78 on: January 26, 2015, 04:27:53 AM »
Sorry for leaving everyone hanging.  I'm still on my trip and it's tough getting 'net access (or finding time to write - especially the walls-of-text currently called for) but here's something for now.

Will try to summarize:

- It's still raining ichor.  It has a corrosive and weakening effect and at this point its unlikely anyone won't have it on them.  It's ankle-deep.
- Soul Reaver's 'wings' have been severed by Fei
- The Retribution Shield is still up
- Cameron's bolter fire does little real damage
- Fei's telepathic message to Soul Reaver got forcefully blocked by Blooddrinker himself.
- Jharm's tendrils held Soul Reaver's arms (and Blooddrinker) in place for a moment
- Sepher's spell has no effect on Blooddrinker or the Black Steel Gauntlets but has destroyed what little remained of his torso armour (Soul Reaver's magic items - and indeed, most items from the Mortal Plane - are themselves resistant to magical manipulation.  For example, even basic magic metal armour won't conduct magical electricity, and spells like 'Rust' won't won't work on magic armor or metal.  The more powerful the item, the more resistant it is.  Artifact-level items pretty much cannot be manipulated by outside magics)
- Kitharsis' noble attempt to reason with Soul Reaver hasn't worked.  He's not thinking straight.
- Similarly, Danyael's attempt to get Soul Reaver to see the error of his ways hasn't worked either (in fact, it may well have made things worse...)

- Soul Reaver has burst into daemonic light for a moment.  Anyone looking at him (and not immune to being temporarily blinded by bright light) will be momentarily blinded.  Its main purpose was to banish all nearby shadows however, to deprive Fei of them for a moment.
- Soul Reaver has freed himself from Jharm's tendrils
- Two Doomhounds have appeared out of apparently nowhere right next to Fei and have moved to chomp down on his legs.  They'll hold tightly onto him if they succeed.  (Doomhounds are lesser daemons from Inferno.  They are four-legged, with taloned paws, thick, iron-hard scales, a ridge of curved spines down their back and a broad, humanoid skull-like head with two pairs of forward-facing horns.  They have no eyes in their sockets - just pits of skin - but they unerringly sense their targets.  Their bite is highly venomous and inflicts crippling pain.  They are larger than a full-grown wolf)
- Soul Reaver has cast a Rend spell on Fei.  Against a human, it shreds their flesh from their bones in large chunky ribbons.  Against a being as powerful as Fei it's more likely to result in a bunch of deep and nasty cuts.  It isn't really a projectile so it can't normally be dodged.  Feel free to PM me if you need more details (though I can't guarantee I'll be able to reply until I'm back)
- Soul Reaver has cast Bladestrike on Cameron.  It fires a bunch of swords made of solidified dark magic.  The blades are sharp enough to cut through any non-magic armour with ease.  There are a lot of them, but they can be deflected/blocked.  They disappear a short time after they are 'supposed' to hit their target, vanishing into puffs of magic again.
- A bolt of daemonic energy has hit the ground near where Soul Reaver was standing.  Anyone in that area may well have been caught in it.  This would likely include Fei and Kitharsis.  Danyael may have been hit (depending if he's actually 'there' and tangible).  Not sure if Cameron or Sepher are in range.  Despite my mentions of lightning and fire, it's not an elemental attack (sorry Cameron) - that was just done to convey the right visuals.
- Soul Reaver's jumped next to Jharm and has attacked him - first with his taloned hand (which, despite the shadowy appearance, is quite solid and very, very sharp) and then with Blooddrinker itself.

Soul Reaver hasn't attacked Sepher directly - unless he was in range of the daemonic explosion - because I felt the post was long enough as it is and it would be stretching it to add any more attacks.

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #79 on: January 26, 2015, 04:49:28 AM »
Ok, so Soul has managed to land a few good strikes against Jharm.  In response he (Jharm) is attempting his final bid at "saving" Soul Reaver by attempting to "exorcise" the evil within him.  The Chant of Nelathia buffs/strengthens those who are the Seraphims friends and harms/debuffs those who are his enemies, naturally have a more profound effect on evil/demonic/etc.  I would think something as evil as Blooddrinker would despise such a holy song and as the volume increases Soul may find it difficult to even think or concentrate as he (from my understanding at least) has been almost completely overcome by Blooddrinker.  The hounds would also likely suffer from the effects though I am not sure as to how they "hear" and as Jharm is focusing the effects almost directly on Soul they very likely won't suffer the full effects like they normally would.