Advanced search  

News:

There is no news - all is well.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Members: 35  •  Posts: 8037  •  Topics: 486  • 
Please welcome Fallen Templar, our newest member.

Author Topic: The Eye of Terror: OOC Thread VI  (Read 38132 times)

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
Re: The Eye of Terror: OOC Thread VI
« Reply #40 on: August 02, 2010, 01:19:59 AM »
Yes, thank you Jharm. Your help was welcomed and appreciated.  :)

Thanks for finally joining us, Sepher.  ;)

At this point, we're looking at a post up tomorrow.

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
    • To the Bitter End - Warcraft III Mod
« Reply #41 on: August 10, 2010, 09:42:36 PM »
*A tumbleweed gently tumbles by*

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #42 on: August 10, 2010, 11:21:27 PM »
Hahaha, Soul.  ::)

I am on vacation. In a hotel room right now, actually. Fortunately, that FINALLY gives me the free time I need to work on a post. So I'm doing that.

Right now.

Just a gentle reminder. Once I make this next post, we will be switching to the Battle Master replying individually to each post instead of waiting and replying to all the posts at once, at least for this combat. I just do not have the time lately to type huge posts, so this will allow me to hopefully keep this battle more active.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #43 on: August 11, 2010, 01:27:41 AM »
My post is up. Make sure your reply lets me know how you plan on dodging Abbadon's attack, otherwise it will hit you.

Offline Daccio

• Captain
« Reply #44 on: August 11, 2010, 07:29:36 PM »
>.> Your a jerk clutch :p

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
« Reply #45 on: August 12, 2010, 04:38:35 AM »
Info to help decipher my post:

The daemonic metal constructs Soul Reaver summoned early have formed a shield that's hovering shortly over the ground (after Soul Reaver jumped into the air) where the flame tendrils are going to emerge.  However, they're not static, and will break into clumps if needed to intercept, suffocate and/or crush the tendrils as they emerge.  This will probably destroy most of the constructs though.

Soul Reaver's Flesh Blister spell bypasses all types of physical armour.  It will last for a while (unless dispelled) and causes some damage (though not all that serious) over that time.  More importantly though, it causes excruciating pain, which would be enough to incapacitate most people - anyone overcome by the pain will find it pretty much impossible to attack or cast spells.  The physically more robust an individual is, the better their chance of fighting on despite the agony. Someone with Abaddon's constitution would likely still be able to function, but I'd be surprised if it wasn't at least a dangerous (and painful) distraction.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #46 on: August 14, 2010, 09:12:38 AM »
Sorry I didn't get any replies up yesterday. Soul and Kith, I'll get you taken care of today.

Still waiting on some people. Let me know what you guys are doing.

Offline Daccio

• Captain
« Reply #47 on: August 15, 2010, 10:39:44 PM »
Combining a Defense, Attack and if/then statement all in one XD

Sepher can control chaos energy, so he's pouring his will into redirecting the flames there.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #48 on: August 27, 2010, 09:56:38 AM »
Okay. Sorry for the delay, hell week last week and then more OT this week and my free time continues to be at a premium. yadda, yadda, more excuses, no one cares. Moving on:

I will begin replying to posts to catch up tonight. Be aware that I will still be replying to everyone's posts individually, so if I don't get to you tonight, fear not. For those of you who I have already replied to, feel free to post again.

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
« Reply #49 on: September 08, 2010, 06:04:33 PM »
Note that Soul Reaver's 'attack' is designed more to give him a chance to escape, rather than to actually harm Abaddon.

That said, it did result in a sheet of rock hurtling as high speed at Abaddon's face - he'll need to react somehow or take a solid thump to the face.  It might be enough to distract him from his attack on Sepher.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #50 on: September 08, 2010, 06:23:40 PM »
Well, this certainly hasn't happened in a long time, but I believe Soul and I have posted simultaneously. Soul, if you want to edit your post to account for anything that happened in my reply to Danyael, feel free. You do not have to, however. I'll work the effects into my next reply.

I've replied to everyone except for Jharm. I'll get to him and anyone else who replies tonight ASAP, probably tomorrow.

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
« Reply #51 on: September 08, 2010, 07:00:46 PM »
Hmmm, I think I'll leave it as it is - I DID beat you to it, after all. :P

It's not like Soul Reaver's actions would have had terribly much impact on Abaddon anyway - it might be possible to account for it with little more than a minor edit to the post replying to Danyael.  Just include a short bit about Abaddon jumping/teleporting/smashing it before it hits.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 07:02:37 PM by Soul Reaver »

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #52 on: September 08, 2010, 11:58:21 PM »
Hmmm, I think I'll leave it as it is - I DID beat you to it, after all. :P

It's not like Soul Reaver's actions would have had terribly much impact on Abaddon anyway - it might be possible to account for it with little more than a minor edit to the post replying to Danyael.  Just include a short bit about Abaddon jumping/teleporting/smashing it before it hits.

My primary reason for asking you to edit, as opposed to me, is that without you accounting for the wall of corpses or the fact that Abbadon is now in the air (as of the end of the post in reply to Danyael's attack), that means that Soul Reaver's rock attack technically happened before Danyael's in the chronological order, which would mean that Soul Reaver got two actions to Danyael's one. Granted, this is no one's fault but mine. If I'd just reply to everyone as they're posting instead of waiting and posting 10 times, this wouldn't have happened. I've taken care of it this time, and posted a reply to you before my reply to Danyael's, to fix the order. However, I don't really want this happening all the time.

I will do my best to make sure I reply to everyone individually in the future. But to ensure this does not happen again, I will be locking the thread while I am posting replies from now on. This way, no one can be posting at the same time as me, and I will be able to avoid situations like this in the future.

As it stands now, I have replied to everyone except Jharm. Everyone may feel free to post replies to the last actions directed at them. Jharm, I will get to you ASAP. Fei, you did not reply to my last post. You still need to let me know how you're defending against Abbadon's last attack. Please let me know soon, or the attack will hit you automatically.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 12:02:06 AM by Cameron Aileron »

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
« Reply #53 on: September 09, 2010, 05:10:17 AM »
Ok.  I'm going to hold off posting another post until all the other characters have posted theirs and received (yet another) reply.  That should keep everything on track.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #54 on: September 16, 2010, 02:18:03 PM »
Not going to make anyone edit or anything, since I apparently forgot to re-explain this. It was explained in the thread on the old boards, but I apparently never descriped it here. So this is just for future reference.

Be aware that the object you guys are on now is not a whole, living planet, but actually the top pole of a long-dead world, held into place by the warp energy streaming from the top and bottom of it. As far as any kind of spiritual presence of this world, their is none, as it was destroyed long ago.

As I said, no editing by anyone is required, as this was my mistake. Just keep it in mind for the remainder of the battle.

Have to go get a tux for a wedding this afternoon, but I'll try and get some posts up later this evening.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #55 on: September 20, 2010, 08:05:57 AM »
Sorry for the delay this weekend. Sepher's wedding and the after-effects of such ate up most of my time. I'm back in the game now, though. I'll try and get some replies up tonight, and I'll finish the rest of tomorrow on my day off from work. (Jharm, still haven't gotten to you. Smack me next time you see me.)

Just an FYI. I will be god-modding Sepher through any posts required of him this week, as he is out of the country.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #56 on: October 12, 2010, 03:53:32 PM »
Well, you asked for it, and you got it.

Effective IMMEDIATELY, I am relinquishing my position as Battle Master of the Epic Battle. This will last until I deem myself capable of resuming my duties.

Your new Battle Master is Faidth. Please treat her with the respect her new position deserves. Faidth has been authorized to take control of any and all Battle-related NPCs with the exception of Cameron, who has been withdrawn from the story until I return, if I return at all.

I will still be moderating this thread and enforcing the rules, but I will no longer be handling any Epic Battle-related requests. Please contact Faidth directly with any battle related questions.

Please reply to Faidth's posts with the utmost haste. The sooner we can end this Battle, the sooner we can move on and never look back.

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #57 on: October 12, 2010, 04:39:14 PM »
Working on a post now. I don't see any current posts from Fei or Sepher. If these people do not post by tomorrow, I will be god-modding their characters along.

For this post only, I will be replying to everyone at once to get everybody up to speed again, but after this point, I will be replying to people as they post. Should multiple people reply within a short amount of time, I may reserve the right to make one larger post as opposed to five individual posts.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 05:08:31 PM by Faidth »

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
« Reply #58 on: October 12, 2010, 05:14:02 PM »
Posted again, at the request of Faidth.

Soul Reaver is using his innate Soul Control ability - since the target souls are not currently within a physical shell, and are not themselves a manifest entity (as a Wraith or Ghost or something), they are very vulnerable to this.

It does beg the question of who is better at drawing them in though - Abaddon or Soul Reaver.  The souls were admittedly under Abaddon's control previously, but then this is Soul Reaver's namesake power and he is concentrating on using it at present... Abaddon has other concerns.

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #59 on: October 12, 2010, 05:30:10 PM »
I apologize if this first post isn't as awesome as Cam's usual posts. I hope you can all bear with me until I get the hang of this. :)