Advanced search  

News:

There is no news - all is well.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Members: 35  •  Posts: 8037  •  Topics: 486  • 
Please welcome Fallen Templar, our newest member.

Author Topic: The Legion Immortalis (The Bulwark of Heaven)- OOC Thread 3  (Read 50897 times)

Offline Faidth

• Captain
Re: The Legion Immortalis (The Bulwark of Heaven)- OOC Thread 3
« Reply #40 on: November 24, 2010, 12:11:14 PM »
Nope, that's fine, Nemo.

Sorry for the delay. I've had parent-teacher conferences this week. At this point, you all have two options. You may continue to pursue your individual interests in Avalon, or I can send you with Sembas and Archer. Let me know what you'd like to do.

Offline john greymore

• Marine Sergeant
  • This world is Sacred
« Reply #41 on: November 29, 2010, 11:14:25 AM »
Hmm, I wasn't actually planning much after that... maybe bring me over to Sembas and Archer? Should I post? Or will you bring me there?
Destruction begets Creation. Creation begets Interaction. Interaction begets Society. Society begets Use. Use begets Destruction.

Thus the cycle begins and ends.

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #42 on: November 29, 2010, 12:56:52 PM »
As soon as Kith posts, I can have them come recruit you.

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
  • Who wants to build a sand castle?
« Reply #43 on: November 29, 2010, 11:44:31 PM »
Sorry, busy holiday followed by a busy weekend!

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #44 on: November 30, 2010, 01:58:20 PM »
No worries! We've been really busy as well. :)

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #45 on: December 03, 2010, 11:51:51 AM »
Sorry for the delay. Post will be up this weekend.

@Faran: tell me what you want Jonas to start training you in. I assumed you wanted some form of hand-hand?

Offline john greymore

• Marine Sergeant
  • This world is Sacred
« Reply #46 on: December 04, 2010, 09:58:53 AM »
IMPORTANT:

I'm off to China on Wednesday night, which would be your Tuesday night. I won't be around for 2 weeks, so I'm gonna need Faidth to Goddess Mod Fenwick to whatever magical place we'll be going :)

I'll probably miss the first part of our soon-to-be epic battle, but don't worry too much about it. Just go on without me first!
Destruction begets Creation. Creation begets Interaction. Interaction begets Society. Society begets Use. Use begets Destruction.

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
  • Who wants to build a sand castle?
« Reply #47 on: December 09, 2010, 06:19:57 PM »
I think my last post is pretty telling about how personally hopeless I am in situations like that.  Ha.

Pretty sure I just discovered why I'm still single.

:P

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #48 on: January 01, 2011, 02:00:24 AM »
Okay, tired of waiting. I'm going to Deus Ex Machina everyone to their respective positions.

@Depheir: For now, I'll be sending you on the search and rescue mission with Fenwick and Sembas.

@Fenwick: I'm hand-waving the scene where you are recruited for the mission. You didn't really give me anything descriptive to work with for you "long walk" so I'll just fill in the blanks.

@Faran: Still haven't heard from you regarding your intentions with Jonas, so I'm just putting you back at his place.

Offline john greymore

• Marine Sergeant
  • This world is Sacred
« Reply #49 on: January 01, 2011, 06:46:50 AM »
Oh, woops :S Didn't get what was happening.

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #50 on: January 09, 2011, 02:33:16 PM »
Post is up. Sorry for the delay; still recovering from some unfortunate dry sockets due to having my wisdom teeth extracted, coupled with a bit of a sinus cold. With the holidays out of the way, we should be able to get back to posting normally.  :)

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #51 on: February 26, 2011, 04:57:48 PM »
I think had previously forgotten to mention that Fensten was there when you initially moved through the portal. Bear in mind, Dennan never goes anywhere without him.

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #52 on: March 04, 2011, 07:41:33 AM »
@Fenwick: Are you actually casting the protection spell on the boy or just preparing to do so? Just seeking clarification because your action may have a pretty profound impact on what happens to him next.

Offline john greymore

• Marine Sergeant
  • This world is Sacred
« Reply #53 on: March 04, 2011, 08:44:35 PM »
Eh, just preparing to do so. The idea is that if the confusion spell hits Dennan and he goes berserk, Fenwick will cast his own spell the moment Dennan shows any signs of totally losing it. Hopefully it'll save the boy

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #54 on: March 05, 2011, 11:29:42 AM »
I will be honest with you: you guys have this one turn to effectively intervene. If Dennan is not impacted by the confusion spell he WILL attempt to kill the boy.

Sembas and Rethagos have already performed their actions, so Fenwick is really the only one left that may impact the outcome of what happens here.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 11:32:57 AM by Faidth »

Offline john greymore

• Marine Sergeant
  • This world is Sacred
« Reply #55 on: March 05, 2011, 01:11:56 PM »
Mmm... Oh I see, I'm using my turn to only prepare Fenwick's spell? If that's the case, then go right ahead and get Fenwick to cast it, his conclusion would logically lead him to casting it.

However, if he doesn't need to spend a turn preparing to cast his spell and seeing how things turn out, I'd rather keep the integrety of the game and just go with my previous decision. Who knows, letting the boy die may really screw us over  8)

Bottom line: If Fenwick requires spending 2 actions in preparing spell ---> casting spell, take it that Fenwick cast his spell around the same time Rethagos does.

If Fenwick requires to spend only 1 action ---> Go with what my post intended with.

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #56 on: March 06, 2011, 10:26:25 AM »
O_o ?   I don't recall saying that you NEED to take a turn to prepare a spell. From what you had said in your initial post, it sounded like you were preparing the spell but did not intend on using it this turn.

"In the end, he decides to brace himself, ready to cast a protection spell on the boy if required... "

I needed clarification on this because this may greatly impact what happens here.

The only real restriction on spells is you can't cast more than one spell in a turn. If you say you're using the protection spell, basically, your spell and Rethagos's spell would go off within seconds of each other when I resolve the action. Your spells always go off on the same turn you cast them, though that doesn't always mean they will work effectively.

Offline john greymore

• Marine Sergeant
  • This world is Sacred
« Reply #57 on: March 06, 2011, 11:27:07 PM »
Aaaah, woops. I wanted Rethagos' spell to go off first, then see the after effects, and allow Fenwick to cast his spell ASAP if anything bad appears to be happening.

So I guess in this sense, Fenwick will cast his spell on the next turn (if necessary)?

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #58 on: March 07, 2011, 09:28:31 AM »
Gotcha. Okay, I'm going to be a bit indisposed the next few days, so I'm not sure when I'll get the chance to post again, but hopefully by the end of the week.

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #59 on: March 19, 2011, 05:04:57 PM »
@Nemo: Probably a good thing you didn't use a protection spell on that "kid."    ;)

@Rethagos: Your fate will be revealed in the next post.