Advanced search  

News:

There is no news - all is well.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Members: 35  •  Posts: 8042  •  Topics: 486  • 
Please welcome Fallen Templar, our newest member.

Author Topic: The Legion Immortalis (The Bulwark of Heaven)- OOC Thread 4  (Read 51983 times)

Offline Faidth

• Captain
Re: The Legion Immortalis (The Bulwark of Heaven)- OOC Thread 4
« Reply #60 on: September 14, 2013, 02:31:59 AM »
The irony is Cameron is an enormous proponent of "never split the party" in roleplaying games. In one D&D game we played, his character separated from the party, was set upon by brownies (the creatures, not the delicious food) and they basically tortured him and tattooed smiley faces on his butt out of pure spite.

I am not sure how far back you read in the archives, but there was basically a schism within the Ageless many years ago. The Adversary has pretty much been around since the beginning of creation, but the Forsaken have only existed for about 700 years or so. Severan is their founder. It was prophesied one of the Ageless would betray his kin. Everyone knew Severan was fated to do it, but the Archon was convinced he could be redeemed. Many of the other Elders did not share the Archon's belief and were actually rather cruel to Severan. They ignored him like the plague for fear of what he might do. It was exactly that mistrust that drove him to accept the offer of the Adversary. He slew the Elder Council (save for a few,) effectively killed the Archon a second time (that's when Fury fought off the Valkyries that came to claim him,) and set out on his own. Fortuna you will get a significant amount more background on, but at the time of the schism, she was Dethys's apprentice. She always carried a torch for Severan, and when he left, she went with him. Severan has been bolstering his ranks through the help of the Adversary, and by attempting to intercept Childer Immortalis who are ignorant of his true intent.

A great source of information is really Jonas Philosophy. As a reformed Forsaken (the only known Immortalis on record to have denounced the Forsaken and rejoined the Ageless,) he knows a great deal about their society and specific key figures.

Offline Radobe

• Marine Sergeant
  • Make games, not love!
« Reply #61 on: September 15, 2013, 01:56:20 PM »
I did read the full archives... in 2010 or was it 2011? Just before i joined and the hiatus started. I think I read in one evening and thus my memory of it can be quite vague.
An eye for two, a tooth for a jaw, a hair for a head! Fight to be respected!

Offline Archdemon Stu

• Veteran Sergeant
« Reply #62 on: September 17, 2013, 10:54:42 PM »
Okay, threw in that last little snippet.  Last one, I swear. XD

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #63 on: September 18, 2013, 10:42:52 AM »
My next post is going to be moving everyone to their respective designations. This will be your last chance for any business in Avalon before departing for the Sanguine Fields.

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
  • Who wants to build a sand castle?
« Reply #64 on: September 18, 2013, 01:04:14 PM »
>_<  Should have held off on that last post.  Now Sembas has to get all uncomfortable and nervous. 

Nice move.

Offline Archdemon Stu

• Veteran Sergeant
« Reply #65 on: September 23, 2013, 12:42:55 PM »
Expect a post out of me sometime today or tomorrow!  Sorry for the delay.

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #66 on: September 23, 2013, 07:16:39 PM »
@Siron: I will have a separate reply post for you. Smith will be sure to hook you up with new weapons and armor. I am currently debating which stats to assign to them, because I would like to give you a couple different options.

@All: Jonas's post was a really tough one to write. :(   His past is a major downer!

Offline john greymore

• Marine Sergeant
  • This world is Sacred
« Reply #67 on: September 24, 2013, 06:37:32 AM »
Moved to UK, now settling in and making 200 friends whose names I can never remember/ bank accounts.

Am I too late? Are we gonna move on very soon? o.o
Destruction begets Creation. Creation begets Interaction. Interaction begets Society. Society begets Use. Use begets Destruction.

Thus the cycle begins and ends.

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
  • Who wants to build a sand castle?
« Reply #68 on: September 24, 2013, 09:05:58 AM »
Poor Jonas. 

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #69 on: September 24, 2013, 07:40:43 PM »
It's interesting because the party is simultaneously researching how to either destroy the Forsaken or attempt to redeem them.

I should have response posts up for everyone by Friday. I'll try to get some done tomorrow if I can. :)
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 10:26:07 PM by Faidth »

Offline Archdemon Stu

• Veteran Sergeant
« Reply #70 on: September 25, 2013, 03:52:13 PM »
Haha, I'll like seeing how that ends up playing out.

As for Jonas's history... how to explain this visually... if "O" = My face, and "I" = my screen, then Jonas's backstory = OI
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 05:14:09 PM by Archdemon Stu »

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #71 on: September 25, 2013, 07:35:43 PM »
@Siron: Choose wisely. You get your choice of one mace, one shield, and one set of armor. Whatever you choose will have the effects mentioned in the post. Let me know in character which Siron chooses, and then I will have you add it to your character sheet.

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #72 on: September 26, 2013, 05:59:14 PM »
@john_greymore: I will have a post for Fenwick tomorrow. The next scene will involve Fenwick speaking with Dethys.

Kith, I know Sembas wants to learn falcon form, so whenever you are ready, send him to Dennan. He'll give you the form and you can pop in on Faile's nest while you are there.

Radobe, if Siron still wants to question Corvus, you may have him do so after speaking with Smith. Once you have selected your armor and weapons, you may say that you and Corvus leave the shop. At that point, ask him anything you want

*Note: Fenwick and Sembas should be sure to say a proper goodbye to their leading ladies. I will be upgrading your relationship status to Level 3, so each of you will get an additional benefit from your respective significant others.

Conclude any final business in Avalon. Once we have addressed everything listed above, you will be departing for the Sanguine Fields.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 06:46:41 PM by Faidth »

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #73 on: September 28, 2013, 07:58:15 AM »
I'll get a post up for Sig later today.

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #74 on: September 28, 2013, 11:41:14 AM »
@Radobe: If you have any follow-up questions for Corvus, feel free to ask. My next post to you will put you at Honor's place.

Offline Archdemon Stu

• Veteran Sergeant
« Reply #75 on: September 28, 2013, 11:44:43 PM »
Oh holy shit, so if the Lady of Shadows created Bayard Cael, and then the Ageless didn't know about Fjorin's existence...

I'll have a post up on the morrow!  Want to make sure I post sober.

EDIT: That Siron post was hard to read.  Owwwwww... good thing she can regenerate I guess... ow...
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 01:15:54 AM by Archdemon Stu »

Offline Archdemon Stu

• Veteran Sergeant
« Reply #76 on: September 29, 2013, 08:03:10 PM »
Fjorin is moving on from that area assuming he isn't going to be able to learn to read right away.  I never know with Immortalis magic though. XD

Also, that came out bigger than I intended... whew!

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #77 on: October 03, 2013, 10:29:12 AM »
When I get home today, I will have reply posts for Sig and Kitharsis. John_greymore and Kitharsis, be sure to tell me in OOC if you are visiting your ladies before departing because it will determine whether or not you increase your romance rating (and receive the gift that comes with it.) Tomorrow I will be moving you on to the sanguine fields. Be sure to review your character sheets because there will be combat very early on.

Offline Archdemon Stu

• Veteran Sergeant
« Reply #78 on: October 03, 2013, 10:20:36 PM »
Will Fjorin have time to get some new gear?  If not that's fine.  I don't wanna' hold up the party. XD
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 10:41:20 PM by Archdemon Stu »

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #79 on: October 04, 2013, 07:41:02 AM »
I am not going to send you to Smith, but don't worry... I have something cool planned for you before your departure. I can't recall, does Fjorin wear armor? If not, I have a unique item planned. If so, let me know what kind.