Advanced search  

News:

There is no news - all is well.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Members: 35  •  Posts: 8042  •  Topics: 486  • 
Please welcome Fallen Templar, our newest member.

Author Topic: The Eye of Terror: OOC Thread IX  (Read 75969 times)

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
  • The Rampaging Chorus of Shadow
Re: The Eye of Terror: OOC Thread IX
« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2015, 08:26:21 PM »
Gulgrim has pulled out the last of his WAAAGH! energy, and is currently spent for the rest of the fight, in regards to reality bending. But he has used it all to bring out his ultimate weapon, Da stompy suit. It's basically an overclocked Mega Armour decked with as many guns of various payloads as Gulgrim could strap onto it, and While it's a bit short of Nigh Indestructible, it's still rather durable. And he's now pouring as much ordnance into Soul Reaver's general location as possible, which, given the Orky concept of Dakka, is quite a lot.

This is just about Gulgrim's final bid in this fight, not sure where he'll get with it.

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
    • First post after joining the board battles
« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2015, 08:49:43 PM »
yeah his background on his official "sheet" is abyssmally out of date (like the backstory is completely wrong....the "official" backstory is what i've posted for the Seraph info/Jharms wiki page and is what will be put on here once the option becomes available lol)....its getting a serious overhaul once EoT is finished.  It is blessed by the light and is in fact nigh-indestructible especially since with the force Jharm can swing it, anything less would quite possibly shatter under the force, the light infusing it helps it....balance out against Blooddrinkers evil
Religion and greed, cause millions to bleed.

Offline Danyael

• Chapter Master
  • Get out of yourself and grow.
« Reply #42 on: January 15, 2015, 10:44:26 PM »
I sent a response post to Cameron for approval, since he's been helpful in the past. I'd prefer not to step on any toes.
"Yeah, well, ya' better have a spatula where we're goin' cause my ass is frozen to this yak!" :o

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
    • To the Bitter End - Warcraft III Mod
« Reply #43 on: January 15, 2015, 11:07:20 PM »
Gulgrim has pulled out the last of his WAAAGH! energy, and is currently spent for the rest of the fight, in regards to reality bending. But he has used it all to bring out his ultimate weapon, Da stompy suit. It's basically an overclocked Mega Armour decked with as many guns of various payloads as Gulgrim could strap onto it, and While it's a bit short of Nigh Indestructible, it's still rather durable. And he's now pouring as much ordnance into Soul Reaver's general location as possible, which, given the Orky concept of Dakka, is quite a lot.

This is just about Gulgrim's final bid in this fight, not sure where he'll get with it.

Love the post, I'm already looking forward to replying. :D

Just a note: the 'seal' only covers a limited area around Soul Reaver (3-5 m) - it does linger a bit in areas he's been to, but not for long, and generally travels with him.  Gulgrim is probably outside it again now that Soul Reaver is duelling with Jharm high above the ground (just in case you felt that was limiting him from pulling things out of thin air).

I sent a response post to Cameron for approval, since he's been helpful in the past. I'd prefer not to step on any toes.

Cool.  If you need any clarification on anything that's happening or on Soul Reaver's spells/abilities, feel free to ask me.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 11:11:53 PM by Soul Reaver »

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
« Reply #44 on: January 16, 2015, 05:45:06 AM »
Alright then. That probably means he can still do some minor shenanigans for a bit until Soul Reaver gets near him again, and that psychic message probably did make it. Still, he's just about out of juice for a bit.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #45 on: January 16, 2015, 11:30:56 AM »
So Cameron is joining the fray. A couple things regarding my post...

If there is any reason that Cameron (an elemental, attuned primarily to fire) should not be able to affect the rain of fire, please let me know and I'll edit.

Cameron is attacking with a double-fisted overhead swing, but he's augmented the attack with fire and lightning. He specifically angled his attack so that Soul Reaver should be between him and the hail of weapon-fire coming from Gulgrim.

Left an opening for our wayward non-posters Sepher and Kitharsis to rejoin us. Hopefully, they do.

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
« Reply #46 on: January 16, 2015, 09:17:15 PM »
Again, a lot has happened:

- Soul Reaver has countered Jharm's counterspell, but he's too busy to worry about the seraphim otherwise

- Soul Reaver took a number of shots from Gulgrim before he started using Blooddrinker to defend

- Thanks to seeing/feeling the manipulation to his rain of fire, Soul Reaver realized Cameron was incoming.  He managed to block Cameron's strike with his gauntlet.  That lessened the overall impact and dissipated the lightning effect (the enchanted gauntlets do not conduct electricity particularly well), but that didn't dissipate the flames.  It blasted him down toward Gulgrim.

- Soul Reaver then dove straight down.  Since Gulgrim was firing from the front and Cameron was attacking from behind, this leaves Cameron in Gulgrim's line of fire for a moment.  If or how Cameron manages to avoid being hit and/or how quickly Gulgrim adjusts his aim when Soul Reaver dives down is up to you guys of course.

- On his way down, Soul Reaver adjusts his spell.  Cameron controls fire, but he doesn't have control over the magics that Soul Reaver is using to control the spell.  He adjusts it, transforming the rain of flames into a rain of daemonic ichor.  This includes any flames from it already on the battlefield, such as those that are currently surrounding the companions.  They'll likely be drenched in it.  The ichor is corrosive - especially to metal/armour - and has a corrupting/weakening effect on living things burned by it.  This was quite an expenditure of magic but if Soul Reaver is taxed by it, it's not showing. (Note that I'm double-checking this with Cameron to check to make sure that Cameron's control over the flames wouldn't prevent this from happening)

- Soul Reaver's arrival in front of Gulgrim involved an upward strike with Blooddrinker.  If it connects, it'll chop away several of Gulgrim's cannons.  Since the armor is reinforced with Waagh energy it'll encounter resistance, but the blade feeds on energy and the armour isn't indestructible, so it'll take a good dodge to avoid it.

- Soul Reaver is trying to intimidate Gulgrim and make his courage falter, largely to remove him as a ranged threat.  He's done that in a number of ways: first, he has cast a Terror spell.  If the Ork can feel fear at all (and I know Orks usually can, though Gulgrim might be different), he will feel intense fear unless he resists the spell.  Secondly, several Nightmares are manifesting around Gulgrim.  This is happening even without Warp Gates because Soul Reaver/Blooddrinker is bringing part of Inferno itself with him wherever he goes, and this close to Gulgrim, Gulgrim is basically standing in Inferno (I can explain this in more detail if needed).  Nightmares are faceless creatures with obsidian-black bodies and long talons who wear ragged, hooded cloaks.  They are highly agile and emit a powerful field of fear and illusion.  It takes a brave mortal to resist the effects of one of them in their own plane, but Gulgrim has been hit by a terror spell, is facing several of them (about 3) and is effectively in Inferno right now, where the Daemons are at their strongest.  And to drive the point home, Soul Reaver has just revealed that he caught several bullets in his teeth and has chomped down on them.

- The Nightmares will start attacking Gulgrim, attempting to tear through his armour.  How effective this is will likely depend on how much orky faith Gulgrim still has in his armour after the above.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 09:26:23 PM by Soul Reaver »

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
« Reply #47 on: January 16, 2015, 09:31:46 PM »
All of that effort on Gulgrim may not have been a very good idea on Soul Reaver's part. My post will explain why in a moment.

Post-action summary: Gulgrim doesn't care what the danger is. To answer you, no he doesn't feel fear, nor does he run from battle. He's tunnel-visioned on killing or forcing submission from Soul Reaver right now, and he'll stand there and let him hit him if it means he can get the upper hand. He intends to either die here in a glorious battle, or win the biggest win an Ork has ever won. He's trying to steal power from Soul Reaver to recharge the energy he lost earlier in the fight, as well as weaken Soul himself. Which may or may not work, depending on Soul Reaver's ability to counteract Psychospiritual energy drain.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 09:58:19 PM by Shadow Chorus »

Offline Danyael

• Chapter Master
« Reply #48 on: January 16, 2015, 10:18:09 PM »
Giving my post a lot of thought, considering Danyael and Soul Reaver's history, so I sent you a PM, Soul, for your approval.
"Yeah, well, ya' better have a spatula where we're goin' cause my ass is frozen to this yak!" :o

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
« Reply #49 on: January 16, 2015, 10:39:15 PM »
Have responded to both Danyael and Shadow Chorus via PM

Offline Danyael

• Chapter Master
« Reply #50 on: January 16, 2015, 11:00:16 PM »
Replied and (sorry to say) need one last confirmation.

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
« Reply #51 on: January 17, 2015, 10:24:47 AM »
Gulgrim is now on a death march for Soul Reaver. After making some distance, he took only a moment to recover before he began the offensive once more. His replenished psychic field is now doing what orks do best, and growing stronger in the face of a fight. He is now on a slow march of doom toward Soul Reaver, firing wildly at him with the guns he has left, firing a bit more precisely with his laser-eye, aimed at disabling his sword arm, and when he reaches melee range, he will attempt to bash and crush Soul Reaver with his new Power Klaw.

His psychic field is now raging around him, creating an effect sort of similar to Soul's Terror spell, but more emanating from Gulgrim rather than centered on a target. It is also more rage based than terror based. He is oozing an aura of oppressive rage, the kind lesser men would cower before. That probably won't stop Soul Reaver, but it's a nice touch.

Feel free to PM me any questions.

Edit: I'm realizing I may have been misreading Soul's post. My first impression had been that he had severed Gulgrim's power klawed hand from his right arm, but on a second read I'm getting the impression that he actually cut off his own arm. If soul could confirm which is correct, I will edit my post accordingly.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 11:04:46 AM by Shadow Chorus »

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #52 on: January 17, 2015, 11:18:27 AM »
I've spoken with Kitharsis. he's going to try and get a post up today. I'm also going to talk to Sepher and Fei about posting today, and I should be posting again today as well. In the meantime, maybe you three can ease up a bit?  :P

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #53 on: January 17, 2015, 11:23:18 AM »
Never!  The Light shall never falter against such an aberration of darkness and evil!

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
« Reply #54 on: January 17, 2015, 12:08:18 PM »
Sorry about that, the battle's been pretty intense. I'm still not certain whether Gulgrim will make it out alive.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 12:13:33 PM by Shadow Chorus »

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
  • Who wants to build a sand castle?
« Reply #55 on: January 17, 2015, 12:24:17 PM »
Dang you guys have been busy.  If all goes as planned (hahahaha yeah...) I will have a post up later tonight.

It's been a while since I've really played around with Kitharsis's toolset.  Expect bristling mohawks and glowing tattoos in the near future.

Also, when Asaki was put on trial was the same time that Kitharsis transformed into a Tirthandara.  Nice bit of nostalgia there.  And it removes any blame on Kitharsis's part, yay!  :D

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #56 on: January 17, 2015, 02:06:37 PM »
Fear not Gulgrim!  You stand on the side of the Light!  Nelathia shines her favor on those who fight alongside her champion!

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
« Reply #57 on: January 17, 2015, 03:41:14 PM »
Gulgrim is now on a death march for Soul Reaver. After making some distance, he took only a moment to recover before he began the offensive once more. His replenished psychic field is now doing what orks do best, and growing stronger in the face of a fight. He is now on a slow march of doom toward Soul Reaver, firing wildly at him with the guns he has left, firing a bit more precisely with his laser-eye, aimed at disabling his sword arm, and when he reaches melee range, he will attempt to bash and crush Soul Reaver with his new Power Klaw.

His psychic field is now raging around him, creating an effect sort of similar to Soul's Terror spell, but more emanating from Gulgrim rather than centered on a target. It is also more rage based than terror based. He is oozing an aura of oppressive rage, the kind lesser men would cower before. That probably won't stop Soul Reaver, but it's a nice touch.

Feel free to PM me any questions.

Edit: I'm realizing I may have been misreading Soul's post. My first impression had been that he had severed Gulgrim's power klawed hand from his right arm, but on a second read I'm getting the impression that he actually cut off his own arm. If soul could confirm which is correct, I will edit my post accordingly.

Nah, you read right the first time.  Soul Reaver sliced off the power klaw.  I'm not sure how the armour is constructed exactly, but if my guess it right, and it's a big chunky thing like a 'power loader' suit from Aliens, then this doesn't mean Gulgrim himself has to lose an arm of his own (unless you want him to).

Note that I might not be able to post today anyway, I've got a pretty packed day lined up.

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
« Reply #58 on: January 17, 2015, 04:07:25 PM »
The power klaw itself isn't exactly on top of his hand, but it's pretty much right behind it, almost like the difference between Tychus's hand and his power armor's glove in the Starcraft Wings of Liberty intro cinematic. So i'd say that in order to cut off the power klaw at any distance that isn't in danger of cutting into your own arm, you'd probably have to shear off his mechanical limb at the wrist. So the post is probably fine as is.

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
  • Who wants to build a sand castle?
« Reply #59 on: January 17, 2015, 08:53:30 PM »
Feel free to play with the timing between Gulgrim and Kitharsis's attack to dramatic effect. I'll try and be more aware of what's going on around here. I'm very interested to see how this situation works out.