Advanced search  

News:

There is no news - all is well.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Members: 35  •  Posts: 8042  •  Topics: 486  • 
Please welcome Fallen Templar, our newest member.

Author Topic: The Eye of Terror: OOC Thread IX  (Read 79471 times)

Offline Fei

• Banned
Re: The Eye of Terror: OOC Thread IX
« Reply #120 on: February 21, 2015, 09:50:11 PM »
Editted

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #121 on: February 21, 2015, 10:16:07 PM »
Editted

That was a long dinner, dude.

On a related note, I have been dealing with a dead hard drive on my PC for the last three days. I will endeavor to get a post up for Cameron by tomorrow night.

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
    • To the Bitter End - Warcraft III Mod
« Reply #122 on: March 04, 2015, 11:34:34 PM »
Ah, I'm not putting off posting any more (besides, it's probably easier for me to post when there are fewer replies to worry about):

- Soul Reaver took a hit from Fei, though the Retribution Shield slowed his charge down somewhat and Blooddrinker managed to block the worst of it.  He got two cracked ribs and had his spell interrupted

- In return, Soul Reaver has counterattacked.  He's trying to force Fei to dodge into a blow from his scythe - and he's made the scythe momentarily incorporeal so that Fei might think he can block it, only to find the haft passing through his weapon.

- The Steelheart's been injured by Gulgrim's kutlass and blinded (though likely not permanently) by the fire breath.

- In a desperate counterattack, it's stabbing at Gulgrim's face (while shielding its own).

- The ork guns don't seem to be hurting the Plague Daemon, who is interposed between them and Soul Reaver.  The Plague Daemon has also demonstrated its strength, exploding an ork just by hitting it.

- The Plague Daemon then vomited a torrent of acid that melted a bunch more orks and littered the battlefield they are passing over with daemonic maggots (which will proceed to latch onto any orks they can)

- The Plague Daemon is now moving to attack the remaining orks in melee
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 03:44:17 AM by Soul Reaver »

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
    • First post after joining the board battles
« Reply #123 on: March 06, 2015, 08:18:29 AM »
So Jharm has pretty much focused all of his power into buffing the rest of the Companions (and Gulgrims orkish horde).  Everyone's weapons are now blessed by the Light further increasing their power and strength, and in the case of the orks, turning simple mundane weapons into "magical" type weapons.  In addition the Companions (but NOT the ork horde) have received shields protecting them from damage and rejuvenating them.  As mentioned at the end of the post, Jharm is completely focused on channeling this effect and thus is entirely defenseless so said "buffs" could be considered be be pretty substantial for the time being....
Religion and greed, cause millions to bleed.

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
  • Who wants to build a sand castle?
« Reply #124 on: March 09, 2015, 04:21:27 PM »
Only one skeleton mage remains.

Kitharsis has been injured by Soul Reaver's slash, but only one ankle is hurt.

A blast of energy erupted behind him from the wound.

Kith is taking advantage of the Steelheart's blindness and fired a shot at it. The mage's spear will lodge itself into the hole (if any) that Kith's blast makes.

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
  • The Rampaging Chorus of Shadow
« Reply #125 on: March 09, 2015, 09:33:38 PM »
Gulgrim has taken advantage of his nigh indestructible skull and rammed it into the Steelheart's sword, which, according to Soul Reaver, is only mildly magical, and if Gulgrim's kutlass could shear through it before, his head can shatter it now. However, that comes at the price of setting off his hat, and in the seconds before it detonates, he has attempted to ram it into the demon's eye sockets around its forearm and then leaped off to engage with the plague daemon.

The explosive itself is similar to the force of a small nuclear explosion, empowered with WAAAGH! Energy, and contained into a smaller blast radius. Gulgrim strung it together from various Space Marine and Imperial Guard Fort-busting Ordnances, and then 'made it orky' with some WAAAGH! power before putting it on an impact timer and stuffing it in his hat.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 09:35:22 PM by Shadow Chorus »

Offline Fei

• Banned
« Reply #126 on: March 14, 2015, 09:20:54 AM »
I'll be responding tonight.

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
« Reply #127 on: March 14, 2015, 02:35:06 PM »
Oh, by the way, Jharm you still have a doppelganger, and I think Kith does as well, maybe. I'm not sure if Soul's killed it already. I'm pretty certain Sepher's is dead and I know Danyael's is, because it detonated itself. And then all of the characters in the fight controlled by Cameron still have theirs I'm pretty certain.

So Jharm is at least a bit protected already. I like to imagine Jharm's doppelganger looks just like him, but with an ork's face and spikes all over his armor, and either Jet engines or basically big webbed ork hands on his back holding him aloft instead of angel wings. Still got the fancy looking outfit, although if it weren't all smokey and green it would probably be black and red instead of gold.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 02:39:17 PM by Shadow Chorus »

Offline Danyael

• Chapter Master
  • Get out of yourself and grow.
« Reply #128 on: March 14, 2015, 10:11:49 PM »
Danyael has banished the Nocturne Kenshi, the Lotis Malevolence and the Blade of Voracity and is now protecting Jharm. Gulgrim, could you check your pm box, please?
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 10:17:01 PM by Danyael »
"Yeah, well, ya' better have a spatula where we're goin' cause my ass is frozen to this yak!" :o

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
« Reply #129 on: March 15, 2015, 02:54:34 AM »
didn't get it if you sent it.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #130 on: March 15, 2015, 12:23:08 PM »
Danyael. I received your PM some time ago but had to have a few conversations with others before I could reply to it. You should be getting a PM from me by the end of the day.

I will also be posting for Cameron at some point today.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #131 on: March 15, 2015, 12:25:16 PM »
And then all of the characters in the fight controlled by Cameron still have theirs I'm pretty certain.

The only character being currently controlled by me in this fight is Cameron himself. And I plan on using his doppelganger in my post today.

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
« Reply #132 on: March 15, 2015, 05:54:43 PM »
I haven't forgotten you guys, but I'm waiting for Fei to post since I'm not quite sure what kind of situation Soul Reaver's likely to find himself in until after I know if his attack succeeded or not.

Offline Fei

• Banned
« Reply #133 on: March 17, 2015, 06:59:03 AM »
hey sorry for delay you guys.  I'll definitely be posting tonight Some stuff came up over the last few days. Sorry about that.

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
« Reply #134 on: March 25, 2015, 11:20:43 PM »
Another post, another summary!  Sorry it took so long, I've been playing XCom pretty busy recently.

- Fei's blood whip has removed Soul Reaver's left 'shadow' arm.  However, this arm is really more daemonic energy than flesh and bone.  He's reformed it shortly after losing it.

- The severed 'arm'/energy transformed into a lance to punch through the shield that Jharm erected around Fei, then exploded into tons of long, needle sharp spears within it

- Soul Reaver has cast a spell over Jharm/Danyael/Jharm's duplicate, but it hasn't done anything yet.

- Soul Reaver has attacked Danyael's barrier full-force with Blooddrinker.  He's enchanted the blade with antimagic (which will cancel out manipulated energies it hits) and Blooddrinker eats energy it encounters, so there's a good chance this will cut through or shatter the barrier.

- The Steelheart is dead, having been skewered by Kitharsis and Kitharsis' surviving mage and subsequently blown up with Gulgrim.

- The Plague daemon is suffering injuries from the Orks but not enough to take it down.  It's unleashed a swarm of biting insects on them which is making it very difficult for the Orks to see, or indeed breathe.

- Gulgrim's kutlass has chopped a piece out of the Plague Daemon's head, but has got lodged in there and the wound doesn't seem to be fatal.

- The Plague Daemon has point-blank vomited acid at Gulgrim - this would probaby be forceful enough to throw him some distance away.

- Don't forget that Gulgrim's hat exploded.  I'd expect anyone near the Steelheart would potentially be caught in the blast and even people further away will likely need to react to it.

By the way, I'm assuming that Fei's duplicate is dead since Fei's post suggested it was crushed in the collapsing buildings when he ran toward Soul Reaver.  If I'm wrong, let me know.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 11:23:47 PM by Soul Reaver »

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #135 on: March 25, 2015, 11:26:55 PM »
Jharm's doppleganger was destroyed by Soul a while ago (after Danyaels blew up Soul took out both Sephers and Jharms doubles with a throw of his scythe.

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
« Reply #136 on: March 26, 2015, 01:04:11 AM »
Jharm's doppleganger was destroyed by Soul a while ago (after Danyaels blew up Soul took out both Sephers and Jharms doubles with a throw of his scythe.

Oh yeah - Shadow Chorus mentioned it was still around in his OOC post but you're right.  Fixed.

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
« Reply #137 on: March 26, 2015, 02:02:39 AM »
Oh yeah, didn't notice that. That's what I get for skimming the parts of the posts not pertaining to my fights.

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #138 on: March 26, 2015, 02:34:07 AM »
Bad Gulgrim....bad!  No WAAGH! for you!

Offline Danyael

• Chapter Master
  • Get out of yourself and grow.
« Reply #139 on: March 26, 2015, 09:26:40 PM »
Danyael pushes Jharm out of the way and allows himself to be impaled by Blooddrinker, then further impales himself on the sword and clamps himself to Soul Reaver in a self-sacrificial attempt at allowing for a potential counter attack by any companions able to do so.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 09:17:54 AM by Danyael »
"Yeah, well, ya' better have a spatula where we're goin' cause my ass is frozen to this yak!" :o