Advanced search  

News:

There is no news - all is well.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Members: 35  •  Posts: 8037  •  Topics: 486  • 
Please welcome Fallen Templar, our newest member.

Author Topic: The Eye of Terror: The Labyrinthine Depths of Chaos (Part II)  (Read 65004 times)

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
Re: The Eye of Terror: The Labyrinthine Depths of Chaos (Part II)
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2013, 10:49:27 AM »
Mary closes her eyes as she receives the mental images from Danyael. It had been obvious to her before she had even said anything to him that he had been touched by the Warp, but this... she takes a moment to try and make sense of what she is seeing. For as long as it has been since she's seen him, it appeared that a much longer period of time had passed since he had seen her. A side effect of Warp exposure that Mary is very familiar with.

Mary and the other elementals lack the telepathic abilities possessed by Cameron. Those were unlocked by his bond with Kalana, and are not something that the elemental race naturally possess. Mary initially has no way to respond, but her bond with the sentient sword Morthoseth sheathed at her side provides the answer. The swords DO have telepathic abilities, and it is through her blade that Danyael receives his response.

Danyael receives a slew of images in return. Mary crammed inside of a small space craft. Cameron piloting. The fear of flying directly toward the Eye of Terror. Danyael can feel the energy pushed forth by Mary to rip a hole in the warp storms to allow the Imperial fleet behind them passage. A hard impact. Cameron ripping the craft open to get to her. The terrifying feeling of being overwhelmed with power and unable to control it. Anger as Cameron sedates her. A brief glimpse, as she falls unconscious, of a terrifying enemy attacking Cameron. Waking up on another ship. Greeted by... herself? Frustration as she is told that she has to wait in the ship until the battle is over, while this more powerful version of herself fights in her place. Worry and impatience as she waits for hours. Sudden elation as the companions return to the ship, turning to worry as she sees the state of Cameron. His eyes are missing. What happened to his eyes? Something else, someone is missing. an image of Kalana flashes for just a second and is gone just as quickly.

The next few images are jumbled and confusing and Danyael can't make much of them. The next clear image is one of the Eye of Terror, viewed from the bridge of the ship Mary is on. It is shrinking quickly. A small ship disappears into the swirling maelstrom before it vanishes completely. Mary talking to her more powerful self, receiving a list of instructions. The more powerful version departs through a warp gate.

Then the images become jumbled and confusing again. They pick up after a number of years have passed. Mary looking in a mirror. The more powerful version of herself stares back. She IS that person now. She readies her weapons. Opens a warp gate. Appears in the Eye. Cameron is fighting a horrible abomination. He is losing. Badly. Mary seeing herself laying unconscious nearby. Pulling herself into a warp gate. On the deck of the Starblade, waiting for herself to wake up. Telling herself to stay there until the battle is over. Back through the warp. Rescuing Cameron while yet ANOTHER version of herself engages the abomination he was fighting. Bringing Cameron back to the Starblade. Waiting for him to resupply. Another trip through the warp. Arriving at the battle with the Defilers. Then, another trip, this one unbidden. And then, an image of Danyael, seen through Mary's eyes. Present time. The images stop. On the tail end of this transmission, a thought. You aren't the only one who has changed since we last met. And then an image, of Mary during a happier time, smiling. That too, fades quickly.

Mary opens her eyes and looks at Danyael. Garr has looked up as well. He didn't see the contents of the transmission, but the feeling that something was being sent through Morthoseth had awoken his own blade, Molotoch. He could also feel the other blades awaking as well, and his eyes widened.

"Mary... the others. I can feel them. They are not close, but they are here."

On the platform in the infernal battery, all three elementals suddenly react as their blades awaken. Cameron feels Valermos stirring. Kari almost reflexively draws Luciandar in surprise. Karyl strums a chord out of key as Cinthorc breaks his concentration. He is the first to speak.

"Cameron, dude! Did you feel that?"

Cameron turns to Karyl.

"Yes. It's the others. They're here underground with us. Mary and Garr. They're both together. My psychic powers still can't find Kalana. Guess the link between the swords is stronger than ours..."

Cameron trails off, looking concerned.

On the deck of the Starblade, another person has felt their sword awaken. Mary feels the disorienting feeling of there being two instances of her blade at the same time. She can feel all the other blades awakening, but unlike the others, she can see everything that has been transferred through the other Mary's blade and into Danyael's mind. The image of Danyael stays in her mind as she focuses on it. For the first time in hours, a ghost of a smile flickers across her face.

I'm glad he's okay. I wish I was there  with him. But then again, I guess I AM there with him.

Mary shakes her head in frustration and speaks aloud to the empty bridge.

"I hate time travel."

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
    • To the Bitter End - Warcraft III Mod
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2013, 05:36:09 PM »
Natalya explains her predicament to Soul Reaver.

"There are enemies nearby. My brothers... they tracked me here. They did this to me. I managed to escape. They're in a warehouse at the end of this bridge. I don't know if they have discovered that I am gone yet..."

Soul Reaver's face stays unreadable as tears form in Natalya's eyes.

"We have... to stop them. Please... help me."

Soul Reaver glances in the direction toward the end of the bridge, his eyes narrowing.

"Those Daemons will be held to account, I assure you.  But first we must get you back on your feet."

Soul Reaver looks back at the injured Natalya, gesturing toward the hand in which she grips his silver coin.

"M'lady Natalya, if you can say that you trust me, that you are my ward, then please wear the coin.  It is more than a symbol.  For one, it will form a bond between us, so you can speak to me and I can speak to you even across great distances, so we need not lose each other."

A flicker of energy starts to suffuse Soul Reaver's hand.

"And more importantly right now, it will help me better channel my own magics to best heal your injuries."

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
    • First post after joining the board battles
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2013, 06:53:44 PM »
Jharm turns towards Sepher and is about to answer his question when from off to the side Danyael responds.  He listens while Danyael points how how the Chaos Gods are all displayed in this building, something that ordinarily would not occur.  Mary then informs them that they are in fact still in the Eye of Terror and that the rest of the companions are safe and (for the most part) are together.  He then watches as Mary turns to Danyael and speaks to him and then it seems like something passes between them  Suddenly Garr seems startled slightly.

"Mary... the others. I can feel them. They are not close, but they are here."

At this point the Seraphim chimes in.

"We must work to find them then.  What is this labyrinth you speak of Mary?"
Religion and greed, cause millions to bleed.

Offline Danyael

• Chapter Master
  • Get out of yourself and grow.
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2013, 07:30:31 PM »
His eyes narrowed, trying to pick apart fact from fiction, only to realize that it all was indeed fact. This wasn't the only Mary. But there was something amiss. Something additional. She was... seasoned – stronger. He couldn't shake the sensation of the identical power. A sword. Her sword. And then he recalled the concept of time within the warp. Past, Present and Future collided and shattered, reforming and rebirthing, while maintaining a vibrant contiuum of ever fluxing infinity. If he could accomplish all he had, attain such powers as he now possessed, then why couldn't the very Elemental to whom the power of the warp was affiliated? This Mary before him, somehow, was from the future -  no other explanation. And the Mary of the present was simultaneously here somewhere. Clearly safe, considering the circumstances of the Mary before him.  He recalled the ship. The Ship! She was still on the ship!

Images flashed to another place amid the memories where Cameron was engaged with an unknown enemy – or perhaps not so unknown under these circumstances, being seen as recollections by Mary herself. And thus did he see a third Mary. A third. Not like his 'echoes' that ruled the Imperium Sanctus in his stead. No, these were, by his own estimates, alternate versions of the same woman. They were, in fact, the same woman – of differing timelines? Indeed, too much has happened to the both of them during their time apart. But he held the softer memory the closest.

He allowed himself a mental sigh, what with all of the complexities these matters entailed, and admitted to himself, ...I hate time travel

Then came the image of Mary in more placid times. Perhaps a future? Or maybe even a wish? With so much to organize into a single, cohesive vision, he could not tell if it was a portent or a desire that he saw. But in the case between he and she, he had preferred for both.  His soul reached out for this vision, as if it were his own, and then something suddenly snapped him from his trance, bringing him back to the present as if he'd never lost a beat of time.

The sudden influx of outside energies spiked his senses. It took only a blink to link the origins together: all three sources connected somehow but uniquely separate from each other. Spirits? Entities? Sentience? Weapons. Weapons! The swords! He recalled all he'd learned about the swords and their unique nature. Not unlike Danyael's link with the Wellspring, the best way he could describe them in his own, guestimating definition is that they acted as a hive mind of sorts. Their connection with each other allowed them a means of communication and, ultimately, superior tactics. But while there were three here, there were six elementals. Well, technically seven, but that number was, currently, a moot point. Though it didn't appear as such on the surface, his senses went into overdrive, through the very vibrations of this new realm they were on, synching his power with the very auras of the swords, much like a hound would seek out their quarry. No easy task. But he received only confusion... at first... then something else. Was it them? He couldn't be sure. Not yet. But he knew there was something else, now. Several somethings.

He then heard Garr's sudden realization that they were all, in fact, in the same place as them – though separated by what might have been great distances, confirming Danyael's theory. He could not feel the presences of the other swords with the same accuracy as the elementals. But he felt... something.

He locked eyes with her one more time, allowing her to look into the beautiful, yet chilling, mutations they had become. And then, finally, he lifted his hood over his head, veiling the upper half of his face in dimness, allowing for for his platinum, cruciform pupils to glow eerily in the shadow. Taking advantage of the gift of the swords, he softly poured a breeze of images and emotions, all softly dancing about the ether, collecting into a single message, better yet a statement. I failed you. Never again. How could he have been so selfish as to leave the woman of his life behind out of jealousy? True, his actions led to him aging into the power he had now. But it came at too high a cost. Perhaps Mary will allow him a chance at redeeming himself. Perhaps she'll accept him again.

Upon hearing Jharm's intercession, he too was curious as to what this place was? And why did it have such an effect on him as it did. Perhaps Mary felt it, too. Why wouldn't she? Neither she nor he could deny that feelings aside, their similar powers allowed them an exclusive closeness with one another. But what mattered more to him was that she was here now, in some way of saying so. And he would see to it that he wouldn't lose her again. He knew she knew this. And perhaps the feeling was reciprocal.

He was about to ask with his real voice, but was cut short when Jharm addressed Mary. His lips closed softly, tightening for an instant before straightening out. Manners bade him to use his voice more now, in spite of his preference to reserve himself to silence and listening. “Agreed, m'lord.” he nodded to Jharm, then turned to the elementals, now all business. “First step would be to seek an exit, yes?”
"Yeah, well, ya' better have a spatula where we're goin' cause my ass is frozen to this yak!" :o

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
  • The Rampaging Chorus of Shadow
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2013, 08:28:32 PM »
Gulgrim seemed to be quietly observing the conversation. Whether he understood what they were saying or not was a mystery only the Ork could answer, but eventually he got tired of listening. Especially since they weren't always talking. Sometimes they were just....Thinking things, and the Ork could hear them. He didn't like hearing voices. Least not voices that weren't the usual bloodlust and whispers of Gork and Mork.

"Argh, Enough o' dis talkin'!" The Ork says, stomping his foot impatiently. "When we'z gonna move out? I gots me an urge ta shoot sometin'. 'nfact, I'm gonna go join me boyz an' shut dese screamin' 'Umies up whilst you boyz're flappin' yer gums. I'z Warboss Gulgrim Bonecruncha, an' I don't take kindly ta too much talk without a bit o' fightin'! Wes'd best get movin' soon. S'already bad enough, the people I can shoot can't even fight back propa'."

With that, the Ork Warboss stormed over to where his boyz were waiting for him. Looking down into the nest of batteries below, he opened fire with his twin kustom shootas. Somehow the noise from those two guns managed to drown out even the gunfire of his other shoota boyz. However, despite his griping, the Warboss's dour expression shifted into a grin. Clearly he was at least enjoying himself with his target practice.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2013, 08:30:28 AM »
"Yes... okay... the coin..."

Natalya sticks the coin to her forehead. The moment she does so, Soul Reaver is hit with that same wave of wrongness that he felt earlier. At the same time, he can briefly detect another spiritual signature, this one extremely powerful, behind him. But both once again fade quickly, and he is left looking at Natalya, who seems normal once again. With the coin secured on her forehead, she once again attempts to stand.

'Please... we must hurry..."

Danyael receives a single message from Mary before she turns her attention back to her surroundings.

You're here now. That's what matters.

Kalana answers Jharm in Mary's stead.

"The Labyrinth of Chaos. It's the building we were trying to get into when we were fighting at the Gate. I sincerely doubt those sorcerers were doing us a favor by shortcutting us down here. They're counting on us getting lost."

Kalana is looking around the room for an exit. She spots a partially concealed door in the back.

"That's our way out. We have to be really careful when we start moving. All reports we've gotten on this place tell us that the rooms change once you leave them."

Kalana steps to the door, checking ammo in her rifle as she does so. Mary helps Garr to his feet and they move to join her. Mary looks at the rest of the companions.

"Are we ready to move?"

Cameron is snapped out of his worrying thoughts by Gulgrim's impatience.

"You're right. Standing around here is doing us absolutely no good. Karyl, Kari, any signs of an exit?"

Karyl is already making his way towards a spot where the platform seems to jut out an extra 6 meters.

"Elevator, boss. Right here."

Cameron nods.

"Good. Kari, are you alright?"

Kari finally turns away from the railing. The worried look on her face quickly transitions into a determined one as she grips her staff tighter.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Ready to move."

Cameron nods again, and his helmet drops back down over his face with an audible clunk.

"Alright, everyone. let's move to that elevator. Time to push through. We need to stay together. This place is going to try and get us lost."

Offline Danyael

• Chapter Master
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2013, 09:40:01 AM »
Upon receiving her message, Danyael softly nods his appreciation. Time to go. The yamato was not but some yards away, but with a thought, it darted right to his grip, spinning it single-handedly back at his side. As Kalana checked her ammo and Garr was helped to his feet, Danyael's thoughts lingered on the possibility that there was not two but three Mary's. Wherever they were, they had to be alright, provided the circumstances.

So the rooms change when they're vacant? He, like all the others, to be sure, would then use additional caution. Thoughts, and concerns, lingered on the rest of the companions; the ones lost to them. Kitharsis was a survivor, to be sure. All the same, he worried for his friend, still. The water elemental, Kari, was also in his thoughts. When last he'd left her, she wasn't exactly in her prime. Soul Reaver was a force to be reckoned with. But there was no way of knowing where he was, or if he survived, in spite of his immortality. That being said, he still had the highest faith in the warrior, in spite of their shaky past.

When asked if he was ready to move, he lightly nodded, then turned his attentions to the direction where Kalana was now looking. Was that a door? Had to be. Why else would she focus there? He silently, albeit respectfully, addressed Jharm and Sepher with another nod, prepping for the coming move. His time in the warp was enlightening. Eye opening, excusing the pun. But this place – this place was a dangerous mystery. “Best we all stay close, lest we lose ourselves again. No further distance than necessary.”
"Yeah, well, ya' better have a spatula where we're goin' cause my ass is frozen to this yak!" :o

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2013, 10:51:30 AM »
"Wot'z dat?" The Ork says, ceasing his shooting for a moment to look over at the Elevator.

"S'about time. Alright boyz, let's get goin'. Looks like plenty o' room fer us an' even dem boyz we'z workin' with." Gulgrim strode over to the elevator platform and waved over his boyz, who rushed it like a pack of howling monkeys, eager to get to a fight. Even if the Elevator was too small, even for Gulgrim's group alone, somehow they would compact themselves to allow enough room for the others to enter and not be cramped.

Somehow. Most likely only because Gulgrim thought there was indeed enough room. Or perhaps there was really enough room. Either way, Gulgrim stood in front of his boyz, towering out of the group and waiting, looking at the others with a gleam in his one remaining eye, the cybork replacement over his other eye glowing fiercely.

"Come on' den. S'time ta get ta Krushin'. We'z got spikey boyz ta kill. Oh and do try ta stay clear o' me boyz' guns. Dey may not intentionally shoot ya, but dey ain't exactly crackshots, if ya get my meanin'. Don't you worry about me though. I'll be right up in da front lines! If'n ye're in front o' me gun, dere's sometin' wrong goin on!"

While he was waiting he got to work on the mechanical third arm on his shoulder, replacing its power klaw with a gripped hand and placing his second shoota in its vice. His right hand now free, he drew the massive, brutal looking cutlass he kept on his belt. The weapon was easily the size of Gulgrim's arm. And considering the Ork's size, that was quite a weapon. it crackled and spat with green energy, Gulgrim's psychic field and his expectation of combat turning the blade into an Orky Power Sword. Or maybe a force sword, since the weapon was fueled by his psychic abilities. The Ork didn't care. He just knew it cut through his enemies good and propa'.

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
  • Who wants to build a sand castle?
« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2013, 12:28:54 PM »
The bandaged individual seems very aloof.  The fact that an identical corpse sits close by him is a tad concerning.  The glow from Kitharsis's tattoos does not waver as the man inspects the body.

Jorumn Fargazer, he identifies himself as.  And apparently he was dead, or one of him was.  Jorumn seems to have no intent towards harming anyone at the moment.  He turns back to everyone and rather verbosely asks them their names.

The two newcomers are odd beings.  But after the things Kitharsis has seen they are not so far out from his relative 'normal.'  The Tirthandara finally calms down, his tattoos returning to their unlit black color.

"I am Kitharsis."  He responds.

Gulgrim becomes impatient and joins his 'boyz' in firing upon the tortured bodies.  Kitharsis shakes his head and looks to the elevator that Karyl has found.

Gulgrim and his boyz rush past onto the elevator excitedly.  Kitharsis looks from Gulgrim back to Jorumn.  Hopefully these two know how to handle themselves.  The Eye has proven to be nothing short of relentless.

Kitharsis sheathes his horseman's pick and makes his way over to the elevator. 

"Whatever comes next, be prepared."  He says in warning.  "This place is one of the foulest and most dangerous I have been to.  You would do well to be cautious."

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2013, 06:34:05 PM »
The Seraphim hoists his hammer off his shoulder shifting his right hand on the handle so that he is now holding it at about the halfway point and strides towards the door, his heavy, plated strides echoing through the abysmal chapel slightly. One can almost sense a feeling of...anxiousness from the angel at the idea of finally leaving such a despicable mockery.

"I am ready, let us begone from this vile and profane site with all haste."

Jharm glances around the building one last time, wishing nothing more then to blast and expunge the filth and evil away, but without knowing what such an action may draw in the Eye he feels it is not something he would safely be able to pursue without potentially endangering his companions.

Offline Archdemon Stu

• Veteran Sergeant
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2013, 09:53:18 PM »
Kitharsis, Gulgrim, Cameron, Karyl, Kari... the names were now safely stowed away in his memory as allies.  They quickly put together a plan, and made their way to an elevator.  He would follow shortly, but there was one thing that might help them as they continue forward...

Jorumn remained over his dead body for a moment, raising a hand over it... at first glance, one might assume he may still be in mourning, but after a moment or two... it began to move.  Its hands clutched the floor, and slowly pushed itself upward... finally on its feet, its head rose, grinning wickedly as blue light illuminated the veins within, visible only through the cracks of the bandages.

"Necromancy... deemed necessary.  Mind of previous body... unable to salvage.  Spells... intact."

Truly this being was one of practicality, lacking morals, disgust, or shame in any form.

Jorumn and his corpse made their way to the elevator. "Proceed."

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2013, 01:35:43 AM »
Cameron waits until everyone else has boarded the platform. He is surprised to see that Gulgrim and all of his orks were able to fit into such a small space and still leave room for everyone else. Were there less of them then there were last time he looked? He wasn't keeping a real close eye on the count. No matter. The one who calls himself Jorumn is the last to board, along with what is apparently a puppet made out of his own corpse. Cameron has long stopped being surprised by things like this and boards the platform behind them. He sees Karyl reaching for his guitar and puts up a hand.

"Karyl, if you make an "Elevator music" joke, I swear I will end you."

Karyl looks disappointed. Cameron presses a button inside the door and the platform begins to descend. It takes a long time to descend, and Cameron finds himself thinking about something the big ork had said a few minutes prior.

"Gulgrim, is it? You said you got out of this place once before. You've been in the Eye before today?"

After a few minutes, the platform reaches the floor and descends through a hole. The sounds of the tortured screaming souls above is mercifully cut off as darkness falls across the companions.

There is a brief moment where it feels like the platform has stopped moving. Then the companions suddenly find themselves ascending through another hole in the floor into what appears to be a massive warehouse. Cameron looks around. Rows and rows of empty suits of Chaos Power armor surround them, stretching as far as the eye can see in every direction. The vast chamber is completely silent, and every slight noise the companions make echoes loudly in the vast space.

Kalana reaches the doors with the rest of the companions behind her. She tries to force them open but finds them stuck. Mary steps forward to help, and the two finally manage to wrench the doors open with an audible screech of metal on stone.

Stepping outside, the bounty hunter turned officer and the Warp elemental find themselves in what appears to be a darkened shopping mall. Garr steps out behind them. A look of confusion crosses his face.

"Why would this be here?"

Kalana glances around nervously. The stores are all shuttered, and she can't make out any of the names on the darkened signs. Dead-eyed mannequins stare out from barred windows. The entire place has a smell to it, like old food and bile.

"I don't know. I don't like this. Let's look around for a way out, but stay together and be careful."
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 01:42:08 AM by Starblade|MKIV »

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2013, 01:56:56 AM »
"Huh?" The Ork says, turning his head as Cameron begins to address him.

"Oh. Aye. I'z been through here yi'z ken say. I'z led a WAAAGH! Tru da Eye before. I wanted ta see if I could find Gork n' Mork in da Eye, an' so I looked. An den I found dem! An' dey made me da best Ork dere is. I'z got da know-wotz an' skillz o' all da orkz wot exist an' more. Ain't nuffin' greener dan me but Gork an' Mork demselves."

The ork gave himself a confident thump on the chest to assert his authority, and then the place they were in opened up into a big warehouse.

"Oi! Dem spikey boyz left dere kit 'ere! Get ta lootin' boyz!" The Ork said after realizing all the armor around them was empty. His boyz frantically went to scrambling, rushing around trying to grab as much of the Chaos Marines' armor as they could carry, and then some in their mad quest to loot anything that looked good. It seemed like there were more Orks than before. There certainly weren't that many Lootas before, were there? Hard to recall that many Deffguns walking about. But nonetheless, they were here now, and they were frantically attempting to loot the entirety of this warehouse, completely ignoring the fact that there might be potential dangers or traps laid amidst the armor.

"Now we'z either got a fight on our 'ands, or a good bit o' lootin'. Let'z see what dey'z got fer us!" The Warboss said, watching his boyz gleefully attempt to loot, holding his shoota and choppa ready.

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2013, 09:41:52 PM »
The Seraphim follows behind the elementals and enters an area almost more alien to him then the area they just left.  Before him is what appears to be some kind of bazaar thats either closed or abandoned.  He is accosted by a smell that reminds him of crusty food and what could only be old vomit.  Jharm gazes around, noticing humanoid forms behind bars that seem to gaze into nothingness and storefronts secured behind steel paneling.

"What is this place?  Why would this be in such a place as the Labyrinth?"

Noticing signs above most of the stores but that the darkness impedes being able to decipher any of them, the angellic being steps past the elementals but stops about a foot away from them.  He raises his left hand in front of him, the palm pointing outwards.  A cone of light flares out of his palm, illuminating the area of front of as he turns slightly, aiming the light towards a few of the stores.  The light illuminated the mannequins slightly, almost giving them a ghostly appearance.  Feeling that their surroundings...the many lifeless forms...the enveloping darkness....and the lack of any kind of "welcoming party" so far leaves the Seraphim on edge.  Suddenly the beam of light seems to pull back and form into a sphere and floats above Jharm's head, and begins to emit a cone of light forward again, the light stopping before it passes behind the angel so as to prevent impeding his companions eyesight as well as prevent revealing their full numbers to any lurking eyes that may be hiding amongst the displays.  With his hand free again, Jharm hoists his hammer with both hands and gazes around cautiously.  In a hushed tone he speaks over his shoulder to his companions behind him.

"I do not like this....this place is too strange...too random.  Not to mention...we get split up and teleported to different areas and as of yet...no welcoming party?  I do not like this at all......"

He looks forward again, panning his eyes across the scene in front of him, the glowing orbs that serve as his eyesight thinning slightly as he strains slightly, gazing into the darkness in an attempt to spot any kind of ambush or sneak attack, his massive hammer held in front of him.

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
    • To the Bitter End - Warcraft III Mod
« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2013, 11:54:33 PM »
Soul Reaver nods very slightly as Natalya attaches the coin to her forehead, where it seems to stay of its own accord.

As a connection forms with the coin, a gut-wrenching feeling washes over Soul Reaver again, and he feels the presence of something nearby.  And once more, the feeling is gone.  Whatever it might have been is not visible anywhere nearby, and there were other pressing matters to attend to.

"Please... we must hurry..."

She tries to stand again, but Soul Reaver shakes his head and beckons for her to remain still for now.  His eyes narrow as a swirl of dark, smoky energy coruscates around his gauntlet.  The sickly heat of Daemonic mana drips like freshly-spilled blood over his hand as he shapes the power before him, before gently touching the coin on Natalya's forehead.

New energy floods into Natalya's body.  As it does so, Soul Reaver seems to weave and twist its threads, directing them to where they are most needed, focusing them on the worst wounds, accelerating Natalya's natural - or perhaps unnatural - healing.  Ice crystals spread across the ground around her as Soul Reaver goes about his work.

A few seconds pass, and Soul Reaver is done.  While still bloodstained and bruised, Natalya's body should be healed enough to allow her to move and fight largely unimpeded.  Soul Reaver rises and extends his hand.

"Now we proceed to battle.  Stay close and try to avoid hand to hand combat."

His grip on Blooddrinker visibly tightens as his lips pull back in an unwholesome sneer.

"Leave that to me."

Soul Reaver starts to run toward the far end of the bridge, slowing himself just enough that Natalya can match his pace.  Already, he starts murmuring arcane words for a protective enchantment.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 08:07:35 AM by Soul Reaver »

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
  • Who wants to build a sand castle?
« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2013, 11:08:50 AM »
A small smile touches Kitharsis's lips from Cameron's elevator music comment.

In fact, some music might have been helpful.  At least it could have drowned out the screaming.  The long elevator ride pitches into darkness as it transitions between floors.

Kitharsis's fists clench at first sight of the multitudes of Chaos Power Armor uniformly laid out before him.  This warehouse of sorts is just as vast as the cavern of souls above them.

Wary, Kitharsis steps off of the elevator and scans the horizon.  The smaller Orks were making quite a mess of things.  They are making so much noise that it will be difficult to hear anything sneaking up on them.

"So many of them.  I do hope that they stay inactive.  Gulgrim may have a good idea.  It may be worthwhile to destroy as many as we can while we're here?"  He furrows his brow, "There are just so many of them."

Offline Daccio

• Captain
« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2013, 07:49:18 PM »
Sepher listens to the others talking, taking in what they were saying and passing it by what he felt and the souls within him felt. He was uneasy, that was natural. What was NOT natural, at least for him was the roiling souls inside of him. They seemed so restless now. He was unsure of how to take this sensation, but rather than let the new feeling make his situation worse, he took the moment to solidify his control over them. There would be no... accidents here. Not as long as he could help it.

Reaching into his coat sleeve, he slid 3 crimson silver throwing knives from his bracer, keeping them ready in his left hand. In his right, he pulled out what appeared to be a 6 inch rod, long enough to be a weaponhilt, and left it rest in his right hand. He sighed and follow the rest as they moved to the doors.

As they were opened, he stepped out with the others, taking everything in. This was rather odd, he had not expected anything like this here. But then, why was he expecting anything in particular? It was a place of chaos, there might be anything here. His eyes slid across the mannequens. He had to supress a shudder, he felt as if they were watching him. Sepher let his senses flow out, feeling where strong sources of metal were. Beams, bars, it did not matter. He wanted to know what was where in case it came to a fight.

He looked over to jharm as he spoke. "Something feels wrong, even for this place" he said, nodding his agreement to jharms words.

Offline Archdemon Stu

• Veteran Sergeant
« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2013, 10:17:39 PM »
Jorumn's voice rung in the heads of his newfound allies. "Designation: Kitharsis, Gulgrim... logic, prudent.  Small effort... deemed worth destroying possible threat."

Massive circles with various arcane incantations on them emitted from the construct's feet, and his undead puppet's as well - who chuckled with glee as the blue light common in both of them shined brightly from the ground.  It seemed they were casting some kind of ritual, and though they were uncertain of its effects, they did not seem immediate.  Whatever the two bodies intended to though... it was going to be incredibly powerful.

The air grew cold, and the breath of organic beings began to puff visible plumes of vapor...

"Worry not.  Present allies... useful... will be spared."

Taking note of the metallic nature of the suits before them, Jorumn had deduced that the best way to ensure they stay immobilized would be to freeze them in entirety.  Metal in his world was extremely susceptible to temperature, and he hoped here, it would be the same...

The first step to all things, after all, is experimentation.

Offline Danyael

• Chapter Master
« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2013, 02:53:13 PM »
Danyael stepped through with the others, confusion instead of caution pinching his senses. Of what little he knew of the Labyrinth, nothing more... mundane... came to mind than this. The acrid smells of decay, however, gave a different insight to the environ altogether. Everything was closed or walled up while there wasn't a single soul in sight. Not even a straggler or vagabond. His grip on the yamato remained as still as ever, though his interior senses kept his sights darting in all directions at once. For all he knew, from what the companions had all gone through, perhaps even the very shadows themselves would leap against them.

When listening to Jharm, he could only surmise it was a mixed blend of caution and humor that the seraphim was evoking. Who in their right mind would want a welcoming party in this gods forsaken place? No pun intended. “Best keep all sense on a wide scale.” the nephilim lord advised, heading up the rear of the group, clearing his cloak for his sword arm. He took stock of their ranks: there were six of them, three elementals, one seraphim, one anomalous warrior of incredible power and the nephilim lord himself. They needed to establish an all around/perimeter defense. “Best we form a mobile perimeter defense. Three upfront. Three behind. Maintain motion.” his strategy was random. But he didn't hear anyone else offer up any tactical stratagem. Wherever they were, they needed to be prepped for whatever might be around the next corner. Or whatever might want to leap out at them.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2013, 12:48:16 AM »
Cameron and the elementals watch in amusement as Gulgrim's boyz rip into the empty power armor suits. The suits aren't protected or bolted down in any way and the boyz come away with shoulder pads, chunks of armor, and bolters. Cameron turns to Kitharsis as he speaks.

"I don't know. This place seems endless. It might make more sense to look for an exit than to waste a bunch of time destroying these things."

Cameron hears Jorumn's message ring through his mind and feels powerful magic building near him. He turns to look at the undead sorcerer and his puppet. As the cold air radiates outward, an aura of heat flares up around Cameron reflexively. Karyl shivers a bit as the cold air washes over him. Kari seems to relax as she feels the icy power forming, and begins a similar gathering of power as ice and water surround her staff. Her eyes glow a bluish green color, the color of a vast ocean. Her breath fogs as she speaks.

"I think between his magic and my elemental power, we can probably-"

Kari is cut off as all hell suddenly breaks loose. One of the boyz attempts to rip a bolter out of the hands of some power armor only to be ripped apart by shells as the gun fires. All around the chamber, marines that were hidden amongst the empty suits spring to life and open fire, ripping apart the boyz that were doing the looting. They quickly run out of green targets and turn their attention to the companions. Cameron draws his swords and moves to cover Kari while Karyl unslings his guitar. The rest of the companions will have to move quickly to repel this attack.

Kalana, Mary, and Garr stay near the door as the rest of the companions move forward. Kalana scans the area but cannot detect any life signs. Mary draws her two handed sword from her back and falls into a defensive stance. Garr is merely content to stand and watch, but anyone paying close attention can see his muscles tighten ever so subtly as he prepares to spring forward at a moment's notice.

The three continue to look about the area as Jharm provides a light source. Kalana responds to his and Sepher's assessment of the situation.

"This is very obviously a trap. No one would willingly shop here. It's only here to disorient us and make us jumpy."

Mary's ears perk up as Danyael mentions tactics. His ideas are sound, and she grins despite her nerves.

"I knew I liked you for more than your looks. I agree with your idea. Let's move everyone into a-"

Mary is cut off by an ear piercing screech that seems to come from all directions. Lights burst on. Signs light up. 5 different elevator music jingles begin blaring simultaneously in a disorienting jangle of off key melody. Gates raise, and the mannequins that have up until now been content to regard the companions with blank stares spring to life. Large claws spring from their hands as they leap at the companions. Behind them, a huge force of Chaos Marines pour from hidden portals and unload fire at the group. Garr leaps into the air and vanishes. Mary produces a warp shield to try and shield her and the rest of the group from the hail of gunfire before rushing forward to engage the melee oriented mannequins. Kalana leaps into the air, blocking gunfire with her psychic shields as she prepares to unleash a counter attack. The remaining companions have just enough warning to perform defensive and offensive actions of their own.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 01:08:32 AM by Starblade|MKIV »