Advanced search  

News:

There is no news - all is well.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Members: 35  •  Posts: 8042  •  Topics: 486  • 
Please welcome Fallen Templar, our newest member.

Author Topic: Official Administorum Star Wars: The Old Republic Guild  (Read 62915 times)

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
    • First post after joining the board battles
Re: Official Administorum Star Wars: The Old Republic Guild
« Reply #160 on: December 15, 2011, 06:12:11 PM »
actually im looking forward to UI customization more then anything, the addition of addons (which they have stated they intend to put in support for eventually) will be nice....that is as long as some jackass doesnt create a "Gearscore" type addon....
Religion and greed, cause millions to bleed.

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #161 on: December 15, 2011, 06:59:35 PM »
For those of you who use Ventrilo, we now have an official server for The Administorum. The server address is Nerdramblingz.com. Even if you haven't gotten access to SWTOR yet, join us anyway! Great place to talk about the game.

Also think it might be a good idea for people to post the username they appear as when using Ventrilo.  Right now got a Mysterious Hooded Man in Vent and I have no idea who it is and they are not responding :-p

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #162 on: December 15, 2011, 07:33:24 PM »
so got almost everyone in the guild right now, only people we are missing are Sepher, Tamrissa and her hubby (as far as people specifically showing interest in being in the guild and have pre-ordered etc etc.  Hope to see the rest of you in game soon :)

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #163 on: December 15, 2011, 07:43:13 PM »
Mysterious Hooded Man is Shadow Chorus.

Offline Archdemon Stu

• Veteran Sergeant
« Reply #164 on: December 15, 2011, 08:09:13 PM »
Mysterious Hooded Man is Shadow Chorus.
I knew it!  Shadow Chorus and his ominous-ness... :P

EDIT: Oh yeah, while I'm here, is there any mention of free trials?

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #165 on: December 15, 2011, 08:40:43 PM »

No free trials yet. Demand is too high and the servers are going to be crowded enough on launch day without having a bunch of freebies running around too. However, you do get your first 30 days free if you by the game, so there's that.

Offline Archdemon Stu

• Veteran Sergeant
« Reply #166 on: December 15, 2011, 10:26:58 PM »

No free trials yet. Demand is too high and the servers are going to be crowded enough on launch day without having a bunch of freebies running around too. However, you do get your first 30 days free if you by the game, so there's that.
Ehhh yeahhh I'll wait around for a few months then.  I'm all about buying good games, but not well-hyped ones without even getting to sniff at it a bit.

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
  • Who wants to build a sand castle?
« Reply #167 on: December 16, 2011, 10:33:30 AM »
I got in yesterday.  My characters are:

Pri'lada; Jedi Consular 
Grobb; Bounty Hunter - PowerTech

I have to admit I'm guilty of playing the BH more than the Consular yesterday.  I already played through the Consular starter planet and I was eager to advance the BH story first.

I'll jump on vent once I get it installed so I can hear all of your wonderful voices.  I usually turn chat off ingame anyway cause it gets in the way.

I'll probably be playing Mondays and Wednesdays, and hopefully some during the day/late at night on weekends.

Yay!

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #168 on: December 16, 2011, 01:45:43 PM »
I am normally on Vent and in game afternoons after 5pm eastern, except for Wednesdays and Thursdays, when you can find me on most of the day. There will more then likely be times when I am on Vent but not in game, as I usually try to get other things done or play other games when no one else is in SWTOR. :-P

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #169 on: December 20, 2011, 11:32:01 PM »
so decided to slam through some dailies today including (wait for it......any minute now........) the pvp daily!  Yep, I actually went and did some warzone action today.  I must say it wasnt too bad, did 2-3 matches in Aldeeran Civil War (domination style mode) once in Void Sphere (Assault...might be wrong on the exact name of the map) and once in Huttball (Capture the Bag).  Only issue I seemed to have was at times it seemed like i was competing with some nasty rubberband type action cause I would try to attack people but it was kinda hard to target them.  After ~an hour or so of doing PvP I was already at almost 200 warzone commendations and was able to get myself a pretty nice implant.

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #170 on: December 22, 2011, 02:53:54 PM »
got my commando to 16 and played around a bit with combat medic...gotta say healing as a commando is pretty freaking awesome (playing as a commando in general is pretty freakin awesome...i can't believe i didnt playtest this AC in the beta lol).  The Combat Support Cell they get at 14 really allows them to quickly switch between DPS and healer during combat (of course spec'ing as healer will allow for better healing but looks like they can dps pretty well as a healer).  I swear this game is making it hard as hell to focus on only one character lol....now ive got my smuggler and commando to bounce between (Jharm's kinda fallen by the wayside for now) and amusingly enough both class are pretty awesome as dps and heals :D

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #171 on: December 23, 2011, 02:03:22 AM »
ok and here's a good link to see a) what companions your class will get (aka SPOILERS ARE RAMPANT ON THE SITE) and especially...what type of gifts they like the most.

http://www.swtorstrategies.com/2011/07/swtor-companions-list.html

here's Torhead's companion list (gotta say Torhead keeps getting better and better as they get more info uploaded into it)
http://www.torhead.com/companions
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 11:26:08 AM by Jharm »

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
« Reply #172 on: December 23, 2011, 11:45:53 AM »
Both my Sage and Powertech are lvl 14.  I'm keeping them parallel for the time being.  Courosant is such a weird world with all the buildings and stuff.  I agree with Qyzen that its too much city.

Dromund Kaas (I think is spelled?) is a pretty odd mix of super big Imperial City mixed with overgrown wilderness.

Grobb, my Powertech is such a badass, but has a soft heart.  This is the first MMO that I've ever thought of my characters as having a personality.

I misread an item description, taking an orange offhand pistol for Grobb who doesn't use them, passing up a blue offhand thingy from a Heroic.  The little text saying it was an offhand weapon was hard to spot.  Reading comprehension and all that.

Also, not being able to drop equipment in the middle of the character screen for companions is making me destroy things when mistaking the destroy prompt for the bind on equip prompt.  Frustrating, but just a growing pain with a new interface.

All in all this game is a blast.  How is everyone else finding it?  I only ever see Jharm, and maybe Tyvaris sometimes online when I'm on.

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #173 on: December 24, 2011, 04:17:11 AM »
well Fei and myself are thoroughly enjoying it...in fact we both hit 25 like 5 minutes ago and got our speeder training :)

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #174 on: December 24, 2011, 01:37:10 PM »
I apologize for my absence in game. I should hopefully have more time and energy to level my characters once the holidays are over.

Offline Archdemon Stu

• Veteran Sergeant
« Reply #175 on: January 01, 2012, 05:20:44 AM »
Sooo I ended up caving after watching a friend play, and holy crap, this game is amazing.  I'll be playing with my RL friends mostly, but I'd be glad to try out alts and hang out with you guys every once in awhile. :)

I went with the Imperial Agent/Operative, and I swear, I'm lvl25 and been doing constant PvP... I've seen one other person that's an operative.  People don't know how to react.  I run up, start knifing them, and they seem really confused as to why I have a blaster at all.

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
« Reply #176 on: January 05, 2012, 11:13:58 AM »
So in the past few weeks I've been busy bumping around the game.  My alt-itis has been in full swing.  Grobb the Powertech is 20 and steadily climbing.  He found an orange recipe for armormech and money has been nice from selling on the GTM.  He's done both Black Talon and Hammer Station.  With the healer companion he solo'd Black talon at like 17/18.  Quite the beast.

Pri'lada the Sage is sitting at 15.  She kept my attention for a while but the Consular story just kinda fizzled I felt.

I made a Jedi Knight called Hef'ty.  Probably going dual wield Jedi man with him.

Also made a Smuggler named Kax.  I tried the Imperial Agent but the whole spy story didn't appeal to me.  I love teaming up with IA's with Grobb and they look cool but I'd rather the a merc than an Imperial.

I'd like to find a Republic side character to stick with so that I can get to endgame with you all.  Right now its a tossup between JK and Smuggler.

Also, thanks Jharm for sending so many things to my Consular!  Hopefully I can return the favor.

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #177 on: January 05, 2012, 12:39:28 PM »
Well story-wise I think the smuggler class story is freaking awesome :) If you like the bounty hunter class story the smuggler is similar in some ways, plus you play as a character who generally operates outside of the ruling govt's laws.  Both AC's are pretty awesome, been half-tempted to make another smuggler and have him/her go Gunslinger but prolly not gonna do that.

Also...im really enjoying both the IA's storyline and BH's storyline.  Playing an Operative just seems to fit so well with the concept of an Imp agent hehe.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 02:48:23 PM by Jharm »

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #178 on: January 08, 2012, 03:09:44 AM »
Also, so far im seeing Kith having a large interest in Empire via his BH, no real idea if anyone has made any Empire toons themselves.  IF (and that is a big IF) people are interested in an Empire side guild please let me know.  As it sits now if an Empire guild is created it will be a "casual" guild and will probably not be aimed at end-game unless everyone decides to hop over to Empire "permanently". 

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
« Reply #179 on: January 09, 2012, 10:20:17 AM »
If you're on Empire side send Grobb a tell if I'm on.  He's armormech so I can make some stuff if for you if you're a BH or IA.

Also I think I'm going to stick with the smuggler - gunslinger.  I'm almost off the starter planet with him.  The story and the cover mechanics are pretty nifty.