Advanced search  

News:

There is no news - all is well.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Members: 35  •  Posts: 8042  •  Topics: 486  • 
Please welcome Fallen Templar, our newest member.

Author Topic: The Legion Immortalis (The Bulwark of Heaven)- OOC Thread 2  (Read 36690 times)

Offline Faidth

• Captain
Re: The Legion Immortalis (The Bulwark of Heaven)- OOC Thread 2
« Reply #80 on: September 19, 2010, 01:32:42 PM »
@Kith:

Since you only buffed Faile during your action, you may edit your post to allow her to attack if you would like. I'll give you until tomorrow to edit if you want to, and at that point, I will post Bran's next action.

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
  • Who wants to build a sand castle?
« Reply #81 on: September 19, 2010, 04:00:08 PM »
I was planning a combo attack.  So I'll leave the post as it is.  Thank you for giving me the opportunity to modify it though!

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #82 on: September 19, 2010, 10:14:35 PM »
Just a quick heads-up on the topic of multiple posts. When engaged in combat with another PC or a NPC, be sure to wait for that character to respond to your action before you post again.

@All: Tomorrow I'll be throwing up a post for Sembas and Depheir. As soon as Sig posts, I'll resolve the next action between him and Fenwick as well.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 10:17:24 PM by Faidth »

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #83 on: September 20, 2010, 08:06:52 AM »
So sorry for the delay. Busy weekend. Getting a post up now.

EDIT: Post is up. Let me know if there are any problems.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 08:24:19 AM by Cameron Aileron »

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #84 on: September 20, 2010, 05:13:20 PM »
@Rethagos:

Just a quick heads-up. You're attacking with your swords, however you did not take Strength as one of your attributes, so you will be fairly ineffective with any melee weapons. This can be improved by your Presence of the Arcane Master spell as that directly affects your ability to attack, but it still won't be as effective as having the Strength Attribute.

Also, your Dexterity will allow you to have a total of three combat styles (you may choose between ranged weapons, or martial arts styles, or a combination of the two.) Though you may occasionally get lucky with your swords, bear in mind that you will miss quite often as you are not proficient enough to use them.

Offline john greymore

• Marine Sergeant
  • This world is Sacred
« Reply #85 on: September 21, 2010, 09:23:35 AM »
I know that Cameron hasn't taken his turn yet, but I wasn't sure if this was considered taking an action since he's 'lying in wait, waiting to strike' sort of thing. If it's not ok, just delete it. I'll model my reply according to the updated actions.

Also, what does happen to an Ageless who's been disembodied? And let's say... their parts have been scattered across the globe!

Frankenstein 2? :o
Destruction begets Creation. Creation begets Interaction. Interaction begets Society. Society begets Use. Use begets Destruction.

Thus the cycle begins and ends.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #86 on: September 21, 2010, 09:47:31 AM »
No biggie, if I have any say in the matter. Your post doesn't actually effect what I had in mind to do anyway.

I'll have a post up in a bit here.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #87 on: September 24, 2010, 12:11:37 PM »
Sorry. Pretty sick yesterday, didn't get this post up till today.

As the spell description suggests, this song will make everyone except for Sig's designated target (Bran) start dancing uncontrollably. How effective it actually is in doing this is at the whim of the Battle Master. :)

Sig can make no other actions while he is maintaining this effect.

Offline john greymore

• Marine Sergeant
  • This world is Sacred
« Reply #88 on: September 24, 2010, 09:06:24 PM »
Would huge willpower enable the affected to regain his mental faculties? I'm assuming that the affected is aware of what he's doing though, since it only stimulates the body into a dance?

Also, hope you're well! whatever doesn't kill you... doesn't kill you. :D
Destruction begets Creation. Creation begets Interaction. Interaction begets Society. Society begets Use. Use begets Destruction.

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #89 on: September 24, 2010, 09:43:00 PM »
Not exactly. People who have the basic Wisdom stat.- Willpower, have a 50% chance of resisting the spell (basically, I flip a coin to determine whether or not they resist it.) If they do not resist it, they are only affected for one turn. There are certain NPCs (both Ageless and Forsaken) who have Exceptional Willpower. Their chance to resist the effect is significantly increased.

However, for those that do not have Willpower (i.e. all current party members,) I roll a d6 (six-sided dice) and cut the number in half (rounded up to the closest number) for each PC that is affected by the spell. That also applies to individual essential enemies and NPCs. If it is a group of lesser enemies, I only make one roll. Whatever the roll amounts to that is the amount of turns that the target will be affected by the spell, so it can be anywhere from 1-3 turns.

Currently, the only combatants who will not be affected by this spell are Sig, Bran and the Elemental. Tomorrow, I will be posting to let you know how many turns the spell is affecting you for. In addition, Bran will take his action.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 09:47:31 PM by Faidth »

Offline john greymore

• Marine Sergeant
  • This world is Sacred
« Reply #90 on: September 25, 2010, 04:33:37 AM »
This is sweet. Wonder how Faile will dance!

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #91 on: September 25, 2010, 03:57:26 PM »
Sooo... Here are the results:

Sembas- 3 turns
Depheir- 2 turns
Fenwick- 1 turn
Faile- 3 turns

Interestingly enough, I rolled for Sembas and Faile separately, and the die still came up the same! Must be one hell of a bond!

Feel free to elaborate upon your dance or the thoughts that are currently running through your head. Please keep in mind, that though you are being compelled to dance, you are actually enjoying yourself. It should be expressed that the manifestations of this spell are being drawn from the All-Father himself (basically, Sig is channeling the will of his deity.)

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
« Reply #92 on: September 27, 2010, 02:22:23 PM »
Oh poo...

This is such a interesting and fun situation to write out!

But...  This weekend really put a downer on my mood and I couldn't get in the right state of mind to type such a fun post.

Hearing the same speech that you've used in the past coming back at you is quite an experience.  I couldn't help but smile when she pulled lines seemingly directly from my past.  But in the end, being on the other side sucks.

Offline john greymore

• Marine Sergeant
  • This world is Sacred
« Reply #93 on: September 27, 2010, 07:53:19 PM »
Ouch ouch ouch ooooouch. I can only guess what happened. If I were you I'd have fired up and been very pissed off in trying to reject the situation.

If it's of any help, acceptance means acknowledgement, which means that everything will get better soon :)

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
« Reply #94 on: September 27, 2010, 09:50:02 PM »
Thanks for the support.  I'll be right as rain by the weekend, don't worry  ;D

Meh, thats the last I'll speak of it on here.  No reason to air my dirty laundry in this place.  And no reason for you all to have to smell it  :P

I wanted to make my last post more cheerful and bouncy and innocent, but meh thats all I got right now.  And now I gotta wait 2 more turns to whack something with my spear!

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #95 on: September 30, 2010, 06:54:14 PM »
Just waiting for Sig to post, after which, Bran will take his action, then all of you PCs! :)

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #96 on: September 30, 2010, 07:28:47 PM »
Oh crap. Were you waiting on me? Let me throw up a post quick.

Offline john greymore

• Marine Sergeant
  • This world is Sacred
« Reply #97 on: October 02, 2010, 11:04:57 AM »
Quick, someone revive me!! Get me back in the game, back in the game!!!! I'm too young to die, or get knocked unconcious by a general's son!!

Also, is it 'sparred' or 'spared'? I'm not very sure on that point...

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
« Reply #98 on: October 02, 2010, 02:07:25 PM »
I would if I could!  Two more turns of dancing for Sembas and Faile, it seems... 

I must say it is pretty peculiar that they ended up with the same amount of turns to be stuck under the song.

And hopefully their acrobatic dance makes it a bit harder for Bran to give them a pounding...  :-\

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #99 on: October 02, 2010, 03:03:15 PM »
Yeah. It was pretty weird. I made your roll first, then Fenwick's, then Depheir's, then Faile's. Despite the fact I rolled separately for Faile, you still ended up with the same number. On a positive note, you and Faile both come off on the same turn, so Bran isn't going to be able to attack both of you by himself.

Btw, love the dancing in "wing and hand" description.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 03:04:52 PM by Faidth »