Advanced search  

News:

There is no news - all is well.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Members: 35  •  Posts: 8042  •  Topics: 486  • 
Please welcome Fallen Templar, our newest member.

Author Topic: The Eye of Terror: OOC Thread X  (Read 60540 times)

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
  • The Rampaging Chorus of Shadow
Re: The Eye of Terror: OOC Thread X
« Reply #80 on: July 06, 2016, 11:06:55 PM »
It's a busy week for me. I'll probably end up updating all 3 threads on Saturday.

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
  • Who wants to build a sand castle?
« Reply #81 on: July 08, 2016, 09:16:41 AM »
Sorry!  Definitely a fun post that I was looking forward to. 

Busy busy busy, and playing too much Tree of Savior...  Also the Quarm Everquest event server is opening next week and I HAVE NO SELF CONTROL.

And Overwatch.

It's a wonder I even hold down a job.

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
  • The Rampaging Chorus of Shadow
« Reply #82 on: July 09, 2016, 09:07:54 PM »
Have I ever mentioned that playing Gulgrim is just pure, unadulterated FUN? He practically writes himself and I love every second of it.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #83 on: July 13, 2016, 12:29:45 PM »
Looks like everyone's posted but Danyael and I've been authorized to god-mod him. I'm going to give him until Friday evening. At that point I will be posting and moving us through this scene. There will be one more series of posts in this free-for-all battle before we move the plot along again.

Offline Danyael

• Chapter Master
  • Get out of yourself and grow.
« Reply #84 on: July 15, 2016, 12:10:22 AM »
Post up for Danyael, but if it needs revisions, please let me know. I think it needs explaining of his knowledge of High Gothic. He spent a good deal of time in the warp, which is the primary cause of his new abilities (many of which, for the sake of continuity, will not be used in this battle). Just how, when the companions first entered the labyrinth in the room with the four statues, he knew who they were and was able to identify them as the Ruinous Powers. Its because of his experience in the warp that he picked up such information and was able to communicate in a way that he felt the marines would be able to identify. I'd prefer not to create an issue out of this, so if this doesn't fit, then I'll edit my post and be done with it. I just figured it would be a nod of respect to the universe the battle takes place in, as well as characters, both player and npc, who are native to this realm.

Also, his quick draw stance used for his attack would look something like these images.
http://img04.deviantart.net/d467/i/2014/188/e/6/vergil_from_dmc3_2_by_kunoichi1111-d5rgg04.jpg
http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/devilmaycry/images/4/40/Umvc3vergil.png/revision/latest?cb=20120402193742
"Yeah, well, ya' better have a spatula where we're goin' cause my ass is frozen to this yak!" :o

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #85 on: July 15, 2016, 03:49:13 PM »
There's a very good chance that I may not have my post finished by tonight, based on the large amount of other stuff I have to do tonight beforehand. If I'm not able to post tonight, I will try to have something up by Sunday night at the latest. Apologies for the delay.

Offline Hanako

• Forum A.I.
  • Caretaker
« Reply #86 on: July 22, 2016, 09:30:21 AM »
Per the Idle/Inactive Battle Rules, this Battle has fallen idle and is now subject to STEP 1 of the Idle Battle Process! The Battle Master has been contacted. Further action will be taken if 7 more days pass without an update. In the meantime, anyone who has not replied to the Battle Master's last post in encouraged to do so now so that we can move on as quickly as possible when the Battle Master returns!

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #87 on: July 25, 2016, 01:47:23 AM »
Sorry, everyone. This weekend ended up being entirely too crazy. I wasn't home for a lot of it. I do have a post partially written, and I should hopefully have time to work on it today or tomorrow.

Offline Hanako

• Forum A.I.
  • Caretaker
« Reply #88 on: August 01, 2016, 03:06:40 PM »
Per the Idle/Inactive Battle Rules, this Battle remains idle and is now subject to STEP 2 of the Idle Battle Process! The Ordos Administratum has been engaged and will take action. Further action will be taken if 7 more days pass without an update. In the meantime, anyone who has not replied to the Battle Master's last post in encouraged to do so now so that we can move on as quickly as possible when the Battle Master returns!

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #89 on: August 01, 2016, 03:21:27 PM »
I was forced to rush the tail end of my post, as I really should not be working on this right now. For that, I do apologize. let me know if you need any clarification.

The Kohrne Berserkers are okay to be god-modded. The Bloodthirsters are not.

Offline Danyael

• Chapter Master
« Reply #90 on: August 03, 2016, 10:52:06 PM »
Wouldn't make sense for Danyael to just up and miraculously recover. So my post my be a two-parter, depending on Cameron's (Mary's in this case) response.
"Yeah, well, ya' better have a spatula where we're goin' cause my ass is frozen to this yak!" :o

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #91 on: August 05, 2016, 09:01:41 PM »
Wouldn't make sense for Danyael to just up and miraculously recover. So my post my be a two-parter, depending on Cameron's (Mary's in this case) response.

Mary's response is up. You should have all the energy you need now.

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
    • First post after joining the board battles
« Reply #92 on: August 06, 2016, 12:54:30 AM »
will be getting a post up this weekend.  Was hoping for sooner but the last two days of work have just drained me.
Religion and greed, cause millions to bleed.

Offline Danyael

• Chapter Master
« Reply #93 on: August 06, 2016, 01:04:06 AM »
Replied to Cameron and Soul Reaver's posts in the same response. It isn't my intention to cross any lines, in case the post is too long. Also, the excess energy that over-charged Danyael was used to heal Soul Reaver. This way, Danyael wouldn't seem so overpowered. The action, however, is open ended - Soul Reaver can choose to take Danyael's offer to help heal himself. Danyael is now protecting Mary, while his Echo is inviting Kitharsis and (a possibly healed) Soul Reaver to take on one of the Bloodthirsters as a team. If anything seems off or wrong, I can change it.

Online Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
    • To the Bitter End - Warcraft III Mod
« Reply #94 on: August 08, 2016, 09:59:47 PM »
Soul Reaver's recharged a chunk of mana thanks to Danyael's 'gift' and his wounds (which weren't too serious) got healed by Jharm.

He created a wall of magic flames, which roasted and toasted most of the Berserkers he was fighting in the immediate area.  The Flamewall is still there, and its' VERY hot - as he suggested, maybe Cameron can use his powers to manipulate those flames in some offensive fashion?

He's now going to meet up with Danyael and (probably) Kitharsis to take on one of the Bloodthirsters - I don't know if Kitharsis accepted the offer too at this stage so hopefully that will be clarified in his next post.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #95 on: August 09, 2016, 04:56:37 PM »
I'm not planning on waiting for Kitharsis to post. Having said that, I'm also on-call at work this week, so my free time is going to be sporadic. I'm going to start working on a post tonight, and I'll get it posted as soon as I can. If Kitharsis posts in the meantime, I'll edit my draft to include him.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 12:09:25 PM by Cameron »

Offline Danyael

• Chapter Master
« Reply #96 on: August 09, 2016, 11:09:05 PM »
Could we give Kitharsis a little more time?

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #97 on: August 09, 2016, 11:20:31 PM »
I'd prefer not to, since people have been complaining about the pace of the Battle. But I might not have any choice.

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
  • Who wants to build a sand castle?
« Reply #98 on: August 10, 2016, 03:08:30 PM »

Offline Danyael

• Chapter Master
« Reply #99 on: August 14, 2016, 09:58:24 PM »
Well... since we're in for another long wait...