Advanced search  

News:

There is no news - all is well.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Members: 35  •  Posts: 8042  •  Topics: 486  • 
Please welcome Fallen Templar, our newest member.

Poll

What is your opinion of the character Jharm from the old Board Battles?

I liked him, was cool having such a "good" character along
6 (100%)
Didnt participate in old BB's so dunno
0 (0%)
He was alright but was too good imho
0 (0%)
Not too fond of him but would like to see him maybe remade for nostalgia
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Author Topic: Character opinion  (Read 7791 times)

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
    • First post after joining the board battles
Character opinion
« on: March 25, 2010, 03:41:13 AM »
Ok, i've been brewing for a bit as to what I will do with Jharm for the upcoming epic Board Battles.  He's been around for a lil while (not as long as some of the other characters but ya know what i mean) and has kinda gone through a lot of changes over time.  The main thing I am deciding is if I am going to bring him back as he was pretty much before entering the Warp in the last BB, make him darker and kinda like fallen angelish (for lack of a better description) or say screw it and totally remake him and just keep the name. 

I am thinking that if I do bring him back as a good type character I will be kinda changing it around a lil but will keep all the light-related attacks and heals and such.  So if you guys could just vote here and hell if you have maybe any feedback in regards to how he was in the old BB's please post it here and hopefully within a few days or by the end of the weekend ill be posting him for approval :)
Religion and greed, cause millions to bleed.

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
  • Who wants to build a sand castle?
Re: Character opinion
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2010, 10:45:32 AM »
This is personal opinion, but I like characters that are multidimensional.  Theres something to be said for purists, but characters that have strengths and weaknesses are more interesting.  They're not only more interesting to "play," but more interesting to follow and interact with.

I liked in the end where Jharm was going through conflict.  I think there were a lot of people having their characters going through fits of uncontrollable rage and losing control during the last battle, but thats the direction things were going.

I enjoyed the Seraphim and he filled the niche in the group of the holy warrior.  But ultimately it is your call. 

Do what makes you happy!

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2010, 03:31:21 PM »
thanks Kith

Offline Danyael

• Chapter Master
  • Get out of yourself and grow.
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2010, 08:31:06 PM »
I enjoyed the Jharm character mainly because of the Holy Warrior aspect. But I enjoyed the Jharm character even more because of the conflicting ideals he was going through in the Eye of Terror. I was always rather enamored with Jharm's ability to perceive things through a more positive intent, as well as acting as the more moral pillar of the heroes. But when he started going into the whole "fuck this bullshit" attitude, I was amazed to think that he would enter a whole new dimension of characetr development. Bottom line, I hope you keep Jharm.
"Yeah, well, ya' better have a spatula where we're goin' cause my ass is frozen to this yak!" :o

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2010, 02:41:55 AM »
thx for the input Danyael!  Well it seems so far that most people enjoyed the previous concept of Jharm so chances are lookin good that is how he will remain, will attempt to try to work in some of the conflict type stuff he was doing in the Eye for the future BB's.

Offline Fei

• Banned
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2010, 08:54:00 PM »
I liked Jharm the way he was, amigo.  he was a pretty great character. The conflict at the end was good, but it was more than a bit rushed, if you ask me. It was akin to Anakin and Palpatine. "Welcome to the dark side, now Go kill this school full of children!." 

Jharm went from Awesome Pally to Istant DK in 1 post.  It made me facepalm harder than a midget on stilts.

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2010, 08:59:00 PM »
I liked Jharm the way he was, amigo.  he was a pretty great character. The conflict at the end was good, but it was more than a bit rushed, if you ask me. It was akin to Anakin and Palpatine. "Welcome to the dark side, now Go kill this school full of children!." 

Jharm went from Awesome Pally to Istant DK in 1 post.  It made me facepalm harder than a midget on stilts.

you come up with some of the strangest sayings ever.....but i like that, might have to try that at work lol.  Seriously though yeah, im not too fond of where Jharm went there at the ass end of the old boards, hence why my creation post (readable once it gets approved) is redoing a lot of Jharm but keeping the "awesome pally" part (i can just see Clutchfiend cringing as we bring WoW onto his boards roflmao)

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
  • Who wants to build a sand castle?
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2010, 12:07:05 PM »
Draenei Pally ftw.  Retribution Spec for omgwtfdps.

I'm glad I haven't played in about a year  8)

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2010, 11:20:12 PM »
(i can just see Clutchfiend cringing as we bring WoW onto his boards roflmao)

>:(

Offline Fei

• Banned
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2010, 12:58:02 AM »
Hey, I had to relate to Jharm somehow.  He only speaks in WoW now a days.

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2010, 02:32:47 AM »
(i can just see Clutchfiend cringing as we bring WoW onto his boards roflmao)

>:(

oh lighten up Clutch....still have never really found out the reason you despise WoW SO much :-p  and Fei, I dont speak in just WoW nowadays...its actually known more as like geekspeek lol :)

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2010, 07:01:23 AM »
Well, I was having some trouble coming up for new rules for the boards... Let me just write the "No talking about WoW" one in here...  :P

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2010, 04:17:02 PM »
fascist........

:-p

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
    • To the Bitter End - Warcraft III Mod
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2010, 04:58:05 PM »
I always thought it was original to have a genuinely 'good' character in the group.  We've done pretty good in filling our quota of tortured anti-heroes and 'evil' creatures, so having some really admirable, honourable hero fills an otherwise neglected party nieche.

Also, a crisis of faith for a character as noble as Jharm has the potential to be particularly jarring, and makes for an interesting turnaround when they find their faith again.

Plus, I was under the impression that Jharm is ridiculously physically strong... which I always thought was really cool.

Offline Fei

• Banned
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2010, 03:58:12 AM »
As long as I've known the character, Jharm has always been rediculously strong.

Offline Danyael

• Chapter Master
  • Get out of yourself and grow.
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2010, 09:51:45 AM »
As long as I've known the character, Jharm has always been rediculously strong.

In more ways than one, mate.

"Yeah, well, ya' better have a spatula where we're goin' cause my ass is frozen to this yak!" :o

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2010, 02:01:00 PM »
Seeing as how Jharm has already posted his character and it has been approved, I think it is time to bring this poll to a close.