Advanced search  

News:

There is no news - all is well.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Members: 35  •  Posts: 8042  •  Topics: 486  • 
Please welcome Fallen Templar, our newest member.

Author Topic: Last Call for Misthaven Characters.  (Read 5567 times)

Offline Tyvaris

• Veteran Sergeant
Last Call for Misthaven Characters.
« on: May 28, 2010, 11:45:48 AM »
I was hoping a couple more people would join up as 4 seems thin.  So im posting to let everyone know that im gonna make one last call for characters and then close it down for submissions.   Anyone else who is willing to join wil have till June 6th; after that date Character Creation will be closed.  Exceptions may possibly be made during the battle but with the approval of the Battle Master.   The battle will begin June the week of June 12th.  I'm sorry I have been delaying but my Birthday, Army Drill, work and my girlfriends change in work/school schedule have all contributed to the delay.   I really wanna get it started though.  There will not be another delay, the battle will start on or before June 12th. Even if the beginning is highly generic.  I don't care anymore.  I want it to start and I wanna get this battle rolling as soon as possible.  Depending on how my memorial day weekend pans out the Battle may start even earlier.   I will be at drill the 4th-6th though so that weekend is gone. 

My hopes are to really get characters immersed in the Five Realms setting which seems to form like a block of putty in my mind into a tangible setting.  With a History and vivid characters and exotic environs.   The first story will be much like an architects rough scetch with future battles becoming more elaborate and engrossing with each layer.  Until blueprints are complete and hopefully the setting will take on a life of its own with everyone being able to help shape and form the layout and landscape and alter the history of this world.   I may change certain things as I think the Five Realms is used in other fictional stories so a name may surface to replace it.  Also Misthaven I found is a setting in a game called Vanguard???  Although I didn't know any of that coming up with the setting.   I have also been thinking of the idea of allowing Board Battle members create regions and cities and races if they'd like for future stories etc.   The Adminstorum can be a canvas and the paint pallete the bright colors the board members for which we may yet paint our own masterpiece.   

If by June 6th, noone else joins the battle will continue with those four who have signed on with a couple NPCs tagging along. 
« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 12:23:32 PM by StarbladeMKIII »

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
    • To the Bitter End - Warcraft III Mod
Re: Last Call for Misthaven Characters.
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2010, 07:06:31 PM »
Steampunk isn't really my thing, and I'm worried I'll prioritize the Epic BB (once it starts) to the detriment of Misthaven.

Even so, I did have an idea for a character: a steam-driven golem/robot made of brass (or copper or something) unearthed from a desert.  Some time after being taken to a shop, getting cleaned up slighly and being 'fed' some coal, it 'wakes' up.  Turns out that it's conscious and can think and talk, although it doesn't know very much of the word around it yet.

Problem is that it doesn't fit the guidelines at all.  It's none of the allowed races and there's no real way that a creature like that could exist without some sort of ancient magic animating it.  However, if you're desparate for characters (and can accept that I might not post quite as much in Misthaven as in the Epic BB) and it's not far too out-there, I could post up a draft.

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
    • First post after joining the board battles
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2010, 05:46:04 PM »
ok I gotta ask Soul and dont take this the wrong way but......are you a fan of Dragon Age: Origins cause I shit you not you can get a golem party member in there that fits that story almost perfectly :-p
Religion and greed, cause millions to bleed.

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2010, 07:18:34 PM »
No, I've never played Dragon Age (nor know anything about it).  Just a coincidence, I guess.

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
    • First post after joining the board battles
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2010, 10:09:24 PM »
Sorry Cast, been kinda distracted lately with the whole leaving the service shortly :)  Ill try my best to get a character typed up before i depart tucson/my internet gets cut.
Religion and greed, cause millions to bleed.

Offline Tyvaris

• Veteran Sergeant
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2010, 06:28:15 AM »
Sorry Cast, been kinda distracted lately with the whole leaving the service shortly :)  Ill try my best to get a character typed up before i depart tucson/my internet gets cut.

Not a problem.  That is why I made this post to let everyone know that they still have a chance if they were interested to post up a character.

As for Soul Reaver's posts:
I don't think it would be much of a hassle, I was trying to keep magic to a minimum but the more I think about the setting the more it seems magic is appropriate.  I don't think it would be a problem at all.   I'd like to see the draft though maybe we can message about it and figure it out.  I just wanted magic out as I wanted to keep people from thinking in the Epic BB mindset of powerful enegry and powers.   

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
  • Who wants to build a sand castle?
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2010, 10:06:28 AM »
Soul, if your character starts grumbling about the 'evil birds' I'll be mighty supsicious  :P

Dragon Age is a great game.  Yet another that I will probably never finish.  But the time I spent playing was glorious.

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2010, 05:42:26 PM »
As for Soul Reaver's posts:
I don't think it would be much of a hassle, I was trying to keep magic to a minimum but the more I think about the setting the more it seems magic is appropriate.  I don't think it would be a problem at all.   I'd like to see the draft though maybe we can message about it and figure it out.  I just wanted magic out as I wanted to keep people from thinking in the Epic BB mindset of powerful enegry and powers.

Sent you a message with my character bio idea.  Let me know if you like it, if it's good I'll post it up.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 06:14:04 PM by Soul Reaver »

Offline Tyvaris

• Veteran Sergeant
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2010, 06:08:20 AM »
Soul, that seems ok.  Go ahead and post it in the Character Creation board so that it can be approved.

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2010, 05:53:39 PM »
Posted, now awaiting approval.  :)