Advanced search  

News:

There is no news - all is well.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Members: 35  •  Posts: 8037  •  Topics: 486  • 
Please welcome Fallen Templar, our newest member.

Author Topic: The Eye of Terror: OOC Thread XI  (Read 62735 times)

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
    • To the Bitter End - Warcraft III Mod
Re: The Eye of Terror: OOC Thread XI
« Reply #160 on: April 11, 2018, 04:31:42 AM »
Can someone explain what this tesseract does?  Specifically: will it prevent Soul Reaver observing the book with his Truesight?

(His suspicion is that the book is invoking its own spells to create a projection of Ahriman each time a projection is destroyed (the real Ahriman being 'in' the book), but he needs to observe this process in action to see if his planned counter will work.)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 06:27:41 AM by Soul Reaver »

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
  • Who wants to build a sand castle?
« Reply #161 on: April 13, 2018, 08:47:41 AM »
The little mage cast a powerful holding spell on the book.  Its job is to contain whatever is inside from getting out.  I don't know the properties of the Everworld cloak, but I would imagine Soul Reaver could peek through the spell, as familiar as he is with magic.

The idea is to contain the book and buy some time, maybe cut off Ahriman from the big rune if possible, and give the little mage some screen time :P

Offline Danyael

• Chapter Master
  • Get out of yourself and grow.
« Reply #162 on: April 13, 2018, 02:48:47 PM »
The idea is to contain the book and buy some time, maybe cut off Ahriman from the big rune if possible, and give the little mage some screen time
Definitely to cut Ahriman off as a stalling tactic in addition to more mage screen time.  :P

Can someone explain what this tesseract does?  Specifically: will it prevent Soul Reaver observing the book with his Truesight?
If it were just the tesseract, I'd have no issue with it. Since the everworld cloak, which is a portal in its own way, is acting as a second barrier, I'm not sure how Soul Reaver could see through it. However, in the spirit of team work, and because I've no desire to debate it, I'd be more than willing to overlook it. Do as you like.

« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 03:03:52 PM by Danyael »
"Yeah, well, ya' better have a spatula where we're goin' cause my ass is frozen to this yak!" :o

Offline Hanako

• Forum A.I.
  • Caretaker
« Reply #163 on: April 13, 2018, 05:02:09 PM »
Hello everyone! ^_^

I have delivered a final idle notification to the following users:

Daccio

Cameron is now authorized to remove them from the battle.

Cameron last posted here 3 days ago stating that he was having computer issues. I will hold off on starting his idle process for now, but I am monitoring the situation! So Cameron, you better not be slacking! >_<

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
« Reply #164 on: April 14, 2018, 03:18:14 AM »
I think I'll just wait and see how Ahriman reacts to the latest developments before posting any reaction of my own.

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
    • First post after joining the board battles
« Reply #165 on: April 17, 2018, 07:07:47 PM »
Per Cameron he is working on a post as we speak and should have it up tomorrow
Religion and greed, cause millions to bleed.

Offline Daccio

• Captain
« Reply #166 on: April 17, 2018, 07:11:01 PM »
So, school is crazy right now.  Finals is currently my focus.  Cameron has permisson to god mod me for the next few weeks if i cant post.

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
« Reply #167 on: April 18, 2018, 04:47:03 PM »
So, school is crazy right now.  Finals is currently my focus.  Cameron has permisson to god mod me for the next few weeks if i cant post.

Good luck with your exams!

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #168 on: April 19, 2018, 05:19:58 PM »
Post is done. Sorry for the delay.

I re-arranged the order of your attacks slightly from the order they were posted in, since keeping it in the exact posted order would have caused some of your attacks to not land and I didn't want to steal anyone's thunder on such a good series of posts. I tried to keep it as close as possible while still making the sequence make sense. I also snuck in a god-mod for Sepher at the beginning.

Ahriman's attacks were as follows:

-Countered Jharm's attack and shoved him backwards. (left the result vague to give Jharm a chance to recover gracefully.)

-Gulgrim's attack on Ahriman also hurt Gulgrim. (leaving it up to you to decide just how hurt, but it should be reasonably on par with the damage Ahriman took.)

-After the soul charge, Ahriman created a big honking wind storm. (This will make it difficult to move and see. You should include how you're defending against or dodging the random lightning in your post or it may hit you.)

-Ahriman is directly attacking the Book of Magnus with an anti-magic spell. (This spell will not be strong enough to harm either the book itself or the Everworld Cloak, given it's artifact status, but will definitely destroy the tesseract and unmake your little mage guy unless someone successfully counters it.)

Let me know if there are questions or if I missed anything.

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #169 on: April 19, 2018, 06:45:30 PM »
Jharm is pretty much seeking to intercept the orb and potentially (depending on if the orb is countered before he reaches it, and if not, what its effects on the Seraph will be) continue on to collide with Ahriman

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #170 on: April 19, 2018, 07:01:41 PM »
Jharm is pretty much seeking to intercept the orb and potentially (depending on if the orb is countered before he reaches it, and if not, what its effects on the Seraph will be) continue on to collide with Ahriman

Don't forget about the wind storm and the lightning.

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #171 on: April 19, 2018, 10:49:41 PM »
okay yeah i screwed up there, going to rewrite my post

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
  • The Rampaging Chorus of Shadow
« Reply #172 on: April 20, 2018, 03:26:37 AM »
I'm actually picturing Gulgrim as looking a little like an even bigger DoW III Gorgutz at this point with the oversized Meganob arm attached to an admittedly still massive, but not quite as absurdly huge warboss.

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #173 on: April 20, 2018, 07:33:33 AM »
okay, I THINK my edit should account for everything now.  Simply put, Jharm is tired of Ahrimans bullshit and clear attempts at wiping out the universe and is pretty much hurtling himself towards and through the anti-magic shell intending to "intercept" it before it can reach the Book.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #174 on: April 20, 2018, 08:19:06 AM »
I'm actually picturing Gulgrim as looking a little like an even bigger DoW III Gorgutz at this point with the oversized Meganob arm attached to an admittedly still massive, but not quite as absurdly huge warboss.

Don't forget about the wind storm and the lightning.

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
  • The Rampaging Chorus of Shadow
« Reply #175 on: April 20, 2018, 11:43:08 AM »
I actively didn't, in fact I included it in the end of his post. He's not doing anything super magic other than pulling up a new arm because his magic is currently fighting the storm he's walking through.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #176 on: April 20, 2018, 01:02:46 PM »
I actively didn't, in fact I included it in the end of his post. He's not doing anything super magic other than pulling up a new arm because his magic is currently fighting the storm he's walking through.

Missed that. My apologies.

Offline Danyael

• Chapter Master
« Reply #177 on: April 21, 2018, 11:37:26 PM »
Is Ahriman's book out of the everworld cloak and the tesseract somehow? I'd appreciate some clarity.
"Yeah, well, ya' better have a spatula where we're goin' cause my ass is frozen to this yak!" :o

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #178 on: April 22, 2018, 01:03:52 AM »
Is Ahriman's book out of the everworld cloak and the tesseract somehow? I'd appreciate some clarity.

The Book is still inside the tesseract and the Cloak. Ahriman is using his innate control over the Book to move all three of them (as well as the poor skeleton mage) towards him, and thus towards the anti-magic attack he just threw.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2018, 11:46:18 PM by Cameron »

Offline Danyael

• Chapter Master
« Reply #179 on: April 24, 2018, 10:44:49 AM »
coming up with a post. Will post by tonight or tomorrow at the latest.