Advanced search  

News:

There is no news - all is well.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Members: 35  •  Posts: 8037  •  Topics: 486  • 
Please welcome Fallen Templar, our newest member.

Author Topic: Westward: Incident at Fort Southridge  (Read 49628 times)

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
    • First post after joining the board battles
Westward: Incident at Fort Southridge
« on: October 16, 2013, 03:18:58 PM »
"I bid 4 3's"

"I call bluff."

Three cans are raised and dice are counted to reveal only 3 3's in play.

"Damn it all!"

The man using the green dice reaches forward and removes one of them from play.  It is evident that the goggled man is currently winning this game by a landslide as both of his opponents only have 2 dice each left.  The cans are placed back over the dice and play continues.

"So I hear there are rumors of trouble at Fort Southridge.  You hear anything about it Vil?"

The goggled man looks up after gazing at his dice.

"Yes.  I have a friend down in Yewanrey that was expecting a package from the Fort but it never showed up.  I'll be headed down there in a day or so to check it out for him.  I bid 3 6's by the way."

The man with the red dice looks up his can, and thinks for a moment.

"I call bluff"

The can's are raised again and dice are counted...it would seem Vil had 3 dice all on his own.  A red die is removed and play continues.

"Damn it all Vil!  So anyways...you planning on going down there solo?  That area is right at the edge of the Badlands, prime feral territory. I bid 2 1's."

"Nope, I have a few men on their way that will be joining me for this endeavor.  They should be arriving within the next day or two by my figures.  I call spot on by the way."

It would appear that Vil is right once again as dice are counted and exactly 2 1's are in play.  A red and a green die are removed and the gentleman with the red dice loses his ante.

Vil looks at the man with  the green dice and smiles.

"Looks like its just you and me.  Time to finish this?"

Cans are shaken and slammed.  Vil has 3 dice, and there is only one green die left. 

"So what kind of men do you have coming for this?  I bid one 5"

"Well I sent messages to a Jagger and to a skilled Techanic as well as a gunslinger. 2 5's"

"Sounds like a pretty good combination.  I call spot-on"

Cans are raised to reveal there are 3 5's in play.  Looks like Vil has won this round.

"Care for another round gentlemen?"

===========================================================================================
You have received a letter from a well known Marshall called Vildayvin Devaron.  Within the letter is a job offer from the Marshall to assist with a retrieval mission outside of Yewanrey.  You were instructed to meet the man at the Rusty Tankard located in Brimstone.  You were given one week to show up at the Rusty Tankard or it would be assumed you declined the offer.  The letter also instructed you to present the letter to the barkeep at the Rusty Tankard when you arrived and he would put you in contact with Vildayvin.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 11:35:48 PM by Jharm »
Religion and greed, cause millions to bleed.

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
  • The Rampaging Chorus of Shadow
Re: Westward: Incident at Fort Southridge
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2013, 08:23:24 PM »
A loud revving noise precludes the Arrival of a figure in a hooded duster.The Bike growls its way through the wasteland to the town of Brimstone before cutting a massive turn, kicking up dust and stopping the Bike just outside of the town's borders. Taking it more slowly the rest of the way into town, parked the bike at the Horse Hitching post. Pulling the key out of the bike and hanging it from his neck, he pulled a heavy metal chain from the bike's bag and looped it between the bike's front bars and the hitching post before slapping a heavy Padlock onto the chain that only opened with the very key that started the bike itself. Ignoring the stares of those who had never seen such a device before, Sethranas Ravenhall strode into the Rusty Tankard. He approached the Bar of the establishment quietly and sat down at a stool that had a view of the window where he could see his bike. His arms met the counter-top with a metallic clunk as his pneumatic bracers made contact with the wood. He reached into his duster and pulled a letter from an inner pocket. Holding it up, he used it to wave the Bartender over before offering it to him.

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2013, 09:11:48 PM »
A pair of goggled eyes look up at the sounding of an engine pulling up outside the tavern.

"Sounds like one of them has just arrived."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As Seth enters the tavern a few eyes (mainly the bouncer...his hand shifting towards a pistol at his him for a few seconds before he returns to crossing his arms) gaze towards him.  The barkeep looks up as the man sits down, glancing down at the bracers as they clunk onto the bartop.  He walks over and accepts the letter from the strange man and notes the broken seal on it...an intricately drawn VD stamped into the wax.  Knowing instantly what the letter is he walks through the "Private" door.  He hands the letter to Vil and waits for a response.  Vildayvin calmly reads the letter then tucks it into his duster.

"Yep, I was correct...please take care of whatever he asks, within reason obviously.  I am expecting two more arrivals and do not wish to repeat myself, their tabs will be taken care of.  (He turns back towards the other two gentlemen at the table) Now gentlemen, how about we switch over to a...shorter game.  You two up for some Six Shoot?"

The barkeep turns and leaves the room as dice and bits clatter across the table.  He walks over to Seth.

"Good evening and welcome to the Rusty Tankard lad.  Me names Ryan "Rusty" McGibbins.  What can I get fer ya?"
« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 09:14:01 PM by Jharm »

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2013, 10:20:48 PM »
"Water, please." Seth said, pulling his hood down  and lifting his goggles from his eyes, planting them on his forehead. Pulling a rolled up blue sheet of paper from a bag at his side, he unrolled it on the counter and began to pore over its contents. Looking up at the Bartender after scanning through the blueprints for a moment, he decided to ask what he could.

"Do you know anyone who has a Steam compressor they'd be willing to part with? Or a Railroad company nearby? I'm in need of parts."

When the Bartender placed the water next to him, He took a drink to quench his parched throat, listening to anything he had to say while he continued to read the Blueprints.

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2013, 10:50:52 PM »
"Water, please."

The barkeep nods at the request...though mildly surprised seeing as how its a tavern and most people who come in request drinks of a more...alcoholic content.  He turns around to a faucet and hits a lever causing water to flow into a tall glass.  As he turns around Seth speaks to him.

"Do you know anyone who has a Steam compressor they'd be willing to part with? Or a Railroad company nearby? I'm in need of parts."

Placing the glass of water in front of the engineer Rusty responds to the question.

"Raildroad company...are ya daft boy?  We got the tram leading into Brimstone 3 different ways.  Though I wouldnt recommend trying to obtain anything from the station, all parts would be considered too vital to sell to some random person.  As for a steam compressor...hmm....ya know...there might be someone who can help you with that.  There's a fellow nearby goes by the name of Gizmoid.  Thats not his real name obviously but he's a little....odd you could say.  He's one helluva tech though...ya need anything crafted or repaired you talk to him...as long as you are able to deal with his eccentric personality.

Rusty then leans in closer to Seth so only he can hear.

"And he is more....understanding of a persons privacy then many of the shopkeeps around here if ya get me drift lad."

"Hey Rusty...my tankards getting a bit low!"

The barkeep turns to another patron sitting farther down the bar.

"Bah...hold yer horses Tommy...ill be right there!"

He goes down to the man he called Tommy and leans on the bartop.

"Ya be drinking and drinking...but Im not seeing any paying."

"Just put it on my tab Rusty...ya know im good fer it!"

"Your tab is at the max Tommy...you know the rules...no pay....no booze."

"Thats bullshit Rusty...ill get ya the bits...Im just a lil short this month!"

"Nope...not hearing it."

"Bastard...."

At this Rusty nods at the bouncer who promptly walks over, grasps the man named Tommy by the shoulders and effortlessly chucks him out the doors onto the street then walks out the door.

"Come back when ya got the bits to pay the Boss ya bum!"

The bouncer then returns to his position and crosses his arms again.

Offline Radobe

• Marine Sergeant
  • Make games, not love!
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2013, 08:27:24 AM »
Sebastian is surprised to receive a letter from marshal Devaron. Normally jobs from marshals involved hunting down some rabble for little bits, but this did not seem to be the case. The amount of bits indicated on the message was nothing to sneeze at. Though he dislikes working with others, and especially marshals, for the right amount of bits he would work with Manciple Primus himself.

As per instructions the Jagger makes his way to Brimstone using the tram service. Sabastian dislikes the tram. Too many people cramped up in a small place. Don’t know what half of them are up and with all the looks people are giving him, he can’t help but get that funny feeling where you want to shoot a man just because you can.  Coming off the tram, with a small travel bag in his right hand, he takes a few steps before people pour out and go on their way. He has arrived in the evening and proceeds to scope out the place. Walking down the streets he keeps to the darker alleys and shadows of buildings. The few people that take notice of him, quickly turn their gaze away, upon his approach. It doesn’t take him long to make his way down to the Rusty Tankard.

Sebastian comes just in time to see a man get flung through the doors of the establishment. He takes note of the larger bouncer and takes a moment to remember the locations of all the windows just in case. There is also an interesting contraption left outside. It seems to be some sort of steam powered vehicle. It is the first of its kind the Jagger has seen. Crombel enters and moves through the pub with a rather slow pace. After making his way to the bar he takes out the message and leaves it for the barkeep.
An eye for two, a tooth for a jaw, a hair for a head! Fight to be respected!

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2013, 09:15:22 PM »
Rusty glances up from cleaning a glass as a stranger in a duster and gas mask enters through the saloon doors.  Raising an eyebrow momentarily then shrugging he returns to cleaning the glass until a letter is placed on the bartop in front of him, baring the same broken seal.  Calmly placing the glass down he picks up the letter and heads back through the Private door again.

====================================================================================

"3 sixes! BOOM!"

"Double or nothing you can't do it again Vil!"

Bits clatter across the table as the three men place their wagers.  Cigarette smoke has started to gather within the room as all 3 men absentmindely puff away, their focus entirely on the dice as they hit the table.

"2 sixes! Thank you Lady Luck!"

"Damn it all!"

It is at this point Rusty hand the letter presented by the stranger to Vil.  He opens it up and reads the contents, puffing away on his cigarette, the glow of the cherry reflecting off the blackness of his goggles lenses.

"Hmm....so we got the techhead and the bounty hunter....I wonder what happened to the third man...."

It is at this point a man comes running into the tavern waving a letter in his hand.  Rusty quickly walks back out and speaks with the man, taking the letter and handing him a few bits.  He comes back in and hands the letter to Vil who opens it and reads silently again.

"Hmm.....it would seem the third man will be a no show....so be it.  Rusty if you could please make the gentlemen comfortable outside while we finish this up quickly."

Rusty nods and walks back out to the bar and stops in front of Sebastian.

"I apologize for the delay laddie...it will only be a little bit longer.  What can I get fer ya in the mean time?"

OOC
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 09:32:18 PM by Jharm »

Offline Radobe

• Marine Sergeant
  • Make games, not love!
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2013, 03:40:19 AM »
Sebastian looks at the bar tender for a second and then quickly rummages through his traveling bag. It takes him a few seconds to locate a fairly big cylinder shaped canister, some stains are visible from the transparent walls. The Jagger removes the tube shaped cover and hands it over.

“Rinse with cold water please. Fill it up with warm milk and honey,” a muffled and hoarse voice can be heard from behind the mask.  “Five to one ration and stir when you add the honey please.”

The hunter takes a look around the pub and the variety of patrons it has.  He stops his eyes on the one closest to him. The man that is a little taller than him, is drinking water and looking into a blueprint of some kind. Every now and then he shoots a look outside as if to check on the contraption left at the hitching post.
“Is the vehicle outside yours? It has an… interesting look. Did you perhaps make it yourself?” Sebastian has sat himself on a stool, close enough to talk but not close enough to see the details on the blueprint. He has spread his elbows and leaned back with his back towards the bar as he speaks.

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2013, 12:19:36 AM »
"Yes, it's mine." Seth says, not looking up from the blueprint. "I didn't build it. At least not initially. It's my father's original design, maintained, repaired, and improved by me." He brought the water to his lips with his right hand, but something caught his eye and he stopped just before taking a drink.

His left hand shot down to his belt and pulled up one of his pistols. His arm pointed straight out the window, and following the aim of his pistol, there was a man with a crowbar who had just been about to smash the lock of the bike's chain and steal it. When he realized there was a Colt staring him down, he immediately dropped his crowbar and ran for his life.

Putting the gun back on his belt, Seth went back to looking over the blueprints, taking the final drink of his water and placing the empty glass on the counter.

"Thank you." He offered to the bartender, before turning his eyes to Sebastian.

"Why do you ask? Building one requires as much trial as error, I don't think I could reproduce one like that. Especially without parts or funds."

Offline Radobe

• Marine Sergeant
  • Make games, not love!
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2013, 03:38:15 AM »
Sebastian shakes his hand in disapproval. “I doubt I have the skills necessary to maintain such a machine and I do prefer to travel in a… quieter manner.”

He moves so that he can see the bike and takes a good long look at it. “How much bits would you be willing to part with to retrieve it if it got stolen?” The Jagger pauses for a second as if to read the man’s reaction. “Don’t get me wrong, I am curious out of professional point of view. If you are looking for parts I could always help with retrieving them, for a price that is.” Looking at the blueprint again, Sebastian crosses his arms and tilts his head to the right. “Or perhaps you could be of help to me. Have you heard of flechette  shells? It is a shotgun shell that is filled with darts. I need a design for a 12 gauge flechette shell. Perhaps you can make one or direct me to someone who could?”

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2013, 02:45:39 PM »
“Rinse with cold water please. Fill it up with warm milk and honey,” a muffled and hoarse voice can be heard from behind the mask.  “Five to one ration and stir when you add the honey please.”

Rusty raises an eyebrow at the request, in all his years at running the Rusty Tankard he hasnt ever had such a request.  With a shrug he walks out from behind the bar and heads over to a door marked Storage.  He pulls a jar of honey from a shelf within the room and returns to the counter. Reaching under the bar he cracks open a special cabinet and pulls out a bottle of cold milk.  After rinsing the glass as the man requested, he mixes the milk and honey then slides the glass over to the man.  As the newcomers are talking, one suddenly draws one of his guns and aims outside.  The nearby bouncer goes for his guns but a slight shake of the head from Rusty stops him, he sees what the man is aiming at.  The two men continue chatting when the nearby door swings open and out come two men chatting quietly but an attentive ear could pick up phrases such as "damn his luck" and "how am I going to explain this to the wife?"  A few seconds later a small light under the bar counter flickers on.  Rusty immediately stops what he is doing and walks over to the two men at the counter.

"It would appear he is ready for ya lads.  Please follow me."

He walks over to the Private door and opens it up, gesturing for the two men to go through.  Once they do he closes the door behind them.  All the windows in the room have curtains pulled in front of them except for one at the other end of the room where a man is currently standing.  He stands about 5' 8" tall is of a medium, muscular build and is completely clean shaven.  He is wearing a long black duster, a black cowboy hat, and a pair of dark black goggles.  A puff of his cigarette reflects off his goggles.

"Good evening gentlemen, please have a seat (He gestures to one of the tables).  I apologize for the delay for I was expecting a third man to show up but it appears he will not be.  As the letter you both received stated this is going to be a retrieval mission.  A good friend of mine has had a package disappear that was coming from the fort nearby (Southridge).  As you are no doubt aware that area is heavily infested with ferals and scavs...not even mentioning the creature population.  With that being said...."

He places the cig back in his mouth and reaches into two pockets in his pants, pushing his duster out of the way.  This reveals two sizeable revolvers at his hips and a Marshal's badge over his heart.  He digs out two bags that give off the clinking sound of bits and tosses them onto the table in front of the two men.

"Consider this a partial payment.  Once the job is complete you will get the remainder."

Within the bag you find 100 bits and a small piece of paper with the words "300 at completion - VD" on it.  Vildayvin reaches into a pocket on his vest and pulls out a pocket watch and glances at it.

"We have about oh....9-10 more hours of nightfall left.  We will head out to the tram at daybreak and take it down to Yewanrey where we will meet up with my friend. (He then looks towards Seth) Don't worry, there will be space to store your bike as well.  There are rooms for you on the floor above, speak to Rusty for the keys.  Take care of any business you may have and I would recommend some sleep as well.  (He takes a puff of his cigarette and then mashes it down into an ashtray nearby.)  Good night gentlemen, see you in the morning."

He then walks out the door, nods towards Rusty he tosses a set of keys towards him.  Catching the keys he heads upstairs to the very first door, unlocks it and heads inside then closes the door.  The clicking of a lock can be heard.

OOC

« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 03:00:25 PM by Jharm »

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2013, 03:06:31 PM »
Without saying a Word Seth takes the money, and after Vildayvin leaves, he glances over at the other member of their party. "We'll see about your requests. I might be able to help, but I've got business of my own currently." With that he exits the private room and heads back to the bar counter to talk to rusty.

"Rusty, do you know where I can find this Gizmoid person?"

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2013, 03:10:40 PM »
Rusty looks up as the two men exit the room after Vildayvin.

"Rusty, do you know where I can find this Gizmoid person?"

"Yep of course.  You just gotta go out here, follow the street down to the right, make a left at the first intersection you hit, then a right at the first street you see, you will see his shop shortly after that.  You'll be looking for Gadgets & Gizmo's.

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2013, 03:50:53 PM »
"Thank you." Seth said before turning and heading out the door. Unlatching his bike and turning it on, he turned down the street in the proper direction and set off at a roll that was something akin to a horse's trot. Coming up to the shop in question, he once again latched his bike to the nearest stable object and approached the door, knocking twice before opening the door and entering the establishment. he stood at the door and waited for any sign of someone approaching, and while doing so took a moment to take in his surroundings to see just what kind of place he had wandered into.

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2013, 04:07:41 PM »
As Seth rolls up on the store its pretty obvious which building he wants even if you couldnt see the name.  The words Gadgets and Gizmos have bulbs installed over them which flicker frequently.  Upon entering the shop he hears a beeping noise near the back and sees what could be described as an organizational nightmare.  Random parts, pieces of metal, and wiring are scattered across numerous shelves.  Books and pieces of paper containing random drawings/schematics lie scattered about as well.  A counter sits near the back of the room with a doorway behind it from where some sounds of tinkering and a voice muttering to itself can be heard.

"One moment...ill be right...."

Suddenly an explosion occurs, launching a small (about 3 1/2 feet tall) form through the doorway and into a mattress fastened to the wall on the opposit side of the room.  The little man coughs a few times and shakes his head.  He brushes himself off as he heads over to the counter and after hopping up on a stepstool looks at Seth. 

[Other then his short stature something else that draws Seth's attention is that his right eye and arm have been replaced with cybernetic enclaves and that some pretty heavy scarring is visible on the right side of his face, his head is completely devoid of any hair.  A small apron covers his chest and is wearing a pair of welding gloves.  He speaks with a high pitched kind of squeaky voice.]

"Hi there stranger...what can we get for you today?  We have bits, bobs, buzzers, and bongers...."(he stops suddenly and it looks like he is listening to someone).

"Wait what do you mean we are out of bongers?  Damn it all Cheezle I told you to make sure we had those in stock!"

He turns and swipes at the air and promptly falls off his stool, releasing a squeaking sound.  Climbing back up on the stool he looks back at Seth.

"Im sorry buddy apparently we are OUT of bongers.....*glares off to the side*.  Anyways....what can we help you with today?"

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2013, 04:17:16 PM »
"I'm in need of a steam compressor. Also, if possible, railroad spikes, but I don't expect to find those here." He says, pulling the blueprints out of his bag. He feels like he can at least trust this man to be genuinely interested in the design enough to look it over.

"I'm looking to build this. The blueprints are mostly complete." He places the blueprint on the counter and unrolls it so that Gizmoid can see it. "I've got a trigger mechanism and a stock, but I'm in need something that I could use as a barrel, ammunition, and a steam compression system and a release valve."

He pulls out the bag of bits Vildayvin handed him and places it on the counter.

"I have bits, some scrap, as well as my services as an engineer for trade."

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2013, 04:54:26 PM »
"Steam compressor eh? Hmm...."

Seth then places the blueprints down in front of Gizmoid.  There is a soft whirring noise as his electronic eye zooms in on the small assorted writing.

"Hmm....nice...very nice....barrel, ammo, steamer, and valve...hmm...."

He hops off the stool, muttering to himself as he walks over to a pile of random stuff in the corner of the shop, he begins digging through it, toss items around, a few whizzing past Seth's head, as he keeps muttering what sounds like random nonsense.

"Hmm....sprocket in the left, springer followed by a spratchet....no...maybe spratchet in the left would work....no that can't be right...now where did I put that netzle? Cheezle!! Where is the netzle's at?!? Oh wait...there they are!"

He runs over to another pile and literally dives into the pile, digging himself into the pile until he disappears.  A few seconds go by when suddenly his head pops out from the top.

"Found ya!"

He then gathers up an assortment of random parts and walks back to the counter, climbs up on his stool and drops the armload of items next to the blueprints.

"Ok so you need..."

Suddenly a loud ringing from within the pile interrupts the technic.  He digs through and pulls out an old style alarm lock, the bells ringing loudly.  He bangs it off the counter.

"Quiet down will ya....shut up....QUIET!!!'

He then pulls a hammer out of his smock and starts smashing the clock to pieces until the ringing finally stops.  He then picks up the smashed clock glances over it a bit and then toss it over into a pile.

"I'll have to fix that one of these days....now where was it?"

He glances around, his train of though completely lost by the interruption.  He then leans over a little as if someone is talking to him.

"hmm? huh? oh....right! Thanks Cheezle!"

He reaches into the pile and pulls out two large metal tubes roughly the length of a shotgun barrel, followed by a steam compressor.

"Ok so Cheezle and me figure these tubes should work perfectly for a barrel, weld em together for a little dual action maybe.  (he picks up the compressor) Here's a nice lil beauty for ya...steam compressor WITH a release already worked in.  Simply wire in the trigger to the release and hit the switch to start the compressor gathering up moisture from the air and then hit the trigger and BOOM!"

He throws his arms into the air and loses his balance falling off the stool.

"Ouchies!"

He climbs back onto the stool and picks the compressor back up.  He flips the aforementioned switch and nothing happens.  He frowns a little and tries it again...still nothing.  He thumps it off the counter once and tries again...nothing.  He then reaches into his smock and pulls out a small screwdriver and starts tweaking with the compressor but accidentally leaving the switch turned on.  Suddenly the compressor springs to life and releases a blast of steam, launching the screwdriver into the wall behind Gizmoid.  He looks at the screwdriver for a second.

"Hmm.....neat.  Anyways....now that thats working...sounds like thats all you should need to make this....hmm? (he leans over again) I thought you were getting the spikes Cheezle!  Sheesh do I have to do everything myself?!?"

He hops off the stool and goes over to a pile and digs around for a bit and pulls out an assortment of metal pieces, ranging from actual rail spikes to large pieces of rebar.  He climbs back on the stool and tries sliding different pieces down the barrel to figure out the needed size, tossing stuff found to be either too big or small behind him.  Eventually 10 items are left on the counter, 5 being actual spikes and the other 5 being random rods of metal/rebar.

"ok NOW I think you should have everything you need."

He then picks up the bag of bits Seth dropped and holds it up to his ear and shakes it a lil.  He then plops it off to the side.

"Cheezle please verify how much is in there for me...thanks.  Anyways buddy...I figure for all this I'll take whatever scrap you might have and the....(leans to the left and talks to the air) 100 bits? Good. (looks back at Seth) and the 100 bits you have here.  Just toss the scrap off there in the corner (waves at a pile near the door).  Now if I might ask....who's the genius to make that nice pair of wheels you got there?  Thats definetely not something you would see every day."

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2013, 05:09:38 PM »
Seth pulls a bag from his back and proceeds to dump various types of scrap, ranging from metal plates to malfunctioning machine pieces, even some working parts to larger machines. Afterwards, he loads the pieces he acquired into the pack, then picks up the blueprints and leaves the Bits on the table.

"My father built the initial model, and I've maintained and repaired it ever since." He said, making sure everything was in order. Instinctively his left hand twitched near his pistol, under the counter where Gizmoid couldn't see it. He didn't think Gizmoid would try anything...Yet. But he didn't quite seem to be right in the head, and questions about his Bike didn't usually end well.

"Thank you for the parts." Seth said, standing up and making his way towards the door. His left hand remained near his left hip just in case.

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2013, 05:36:27 PM »
Gizmoid gathers up the assortment of pieces and parts and tosses them into a pile.  He stops for a moment when Seth mentions that his father built the initial model, but then climbs back on the stool.

"Well he was quite a master engineer then id say, whatcha think Cheezle?"

He notices the mans left hand resting near his hip and he seems to enter a brief moment of sanity as he says something softly.

"Yes...you watch over that bike.   Your father would be proud of you buddy."

Then returning to his usual....unbalanced mindset he heads back towards the back room.

"Cheezle!  Get me some gorbongs and get those damn bongers on order!!"

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
Onward to Yewanrey!!
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2013, 11:01:03 PM »
As Seth and Vildayvin head their respective ways the mysterious jagger known as Sebastian leaves the back room he signals to Rusty for a room key as he heads to pick up his beaker.  He retrieves the container, reinstalling the lid and placing it back into his bag as a set of keys come sliding down the counter.  He grasps the keys and heads upstairs to the room matching the number hanging from the keyring he received.  Shortly afterwards his light goes out as well.  After a few hours or so Seth returns to the tavern, gets a set of keys from Rusty and heads to bed as well.  After around 7-8 hours, just as daylight is breaking, Vildayvin steps out of his room, fastening his holsters up and glancing down into the nearly empty main area of the tavern.  He walks to Seth's and Sebastians rooms and knocks on the doors.

"Its time gentlemen, we have much ground to cover."

He walks downstairs and heads outside, sitting down in a chair near the door and lighting a cigarette as he waits for the two men to wake up and get ready.

==================================================================

As the two men exit the tavern Vildayvin stands up and tosses the butt of the cigarette down into the dirt alleyway in front of the tavern.  He begins to walk towards two horses, a midnight black one and a brown one, tethered near Seth's bike.

"Good morning, we will head to the tram station from here, load up our mounts and ride down to Yewanrey.  The tram we are taking will be going non-stop through Chakoda so I hope you werent intending on making any stops there. (He mounts the midnight black horse) We will then find my friend, get any other information he may be able to provide...and work to secure his package for him.

He pats the horses neck and takes off at a steady pace towards the tram station

======================================================================

As the trio arrives at the station it is pretty quiet due to the early time they arrived at.  A tram shuttle sits at the station, a few people getting on and off, a rear storage car sitting open with a ramp giving access for the horses and bike.  After securing their mounts the three head onto one of the passanger cars.  It would appear one of the other cars is being used for troop travel at the moment as two squads of Conscript troops march into it.  The tram departs the station soon after, whizzing along the rails towards Chakoda.  The scenery outside the window shows off the more temperate environment of the area closest to Chrysalis Lake, with grass and a treeline is visible, a herd of shieldhorses even make an appearance at one point but then moves back into the cover of the trees.  Soon enough the tram nears the city of Chakoda, the farming "capital" of Westward.  As the tram passes through the city, one can see that the usually strong presence of Capital City Guards is ever-present.  Soon enough though the tram reaches the end of the city and is zipping down towards Yewanrey.  Eventually the tram nears the end of the line as the defensive wall of the city comes into view.  The tram slows as it reaches the station, just a short distance from Yewanrey's walls.  The doors open up and people step out and (after giving the squads of Conscripts a wide berth) head into Yewanrey.  Vildayvin steps out and heads to the rear cargo cart and guides the horses onto the station platform, leaving the bike for Seth to move (for obvious reasons).  Once all 3 are mounted up Vildayvin leads the group into Yewhanrey and to the door of a shop with a sign over it simply labeled "Doctor".  He dismounts his horse and tethers it up and motions for the two to follow him inside.

"Doc! Where are ya? Show your face ya crotchety old bastard!"

A beer bottle comes whizzing out of a side room, causing Vildayvin to duck right before the bottle would have hit him.

"Stop yer hollering ya damn loudmouth! Can't anyone get any sleep anymore?!?"

An old man, looking to be about in his 70's with wild white hair and a white beard comes out of the same room the bottle came from, wearing a pair of white longjohns and an old faded robe.  He stops in front of Vildayvin and glares at him for a few seconds then the two embrace each other.

"How ya doin ya smartass young pup?  Glad to see you got my message!"

"Damn right I got your message, got some extra muscle to make sure we get that package back for ya Gramps."

The two seperate and Vildayvin motions towards Seth and Sebastian.

"This is the extra muscle I was talking about, Gramps meet Seth and Sebastian...gentlemen meet Doc Grawler or as I call him "Gramps".  He's an old family friend.

"Pleasure to meet ya two...the fact that ol' Vil here hasnt plugged ya full of holes must mean you aint a scav or a feral so yer friends in my book.  Please sit down"

He gestures to a table as he walks off, coming back with a pitcher of water and some glasses and sets a glass in front of everyone, filling each with water and then sits down. Vildayvin then looks at Gramps.

"Ok Gramps, what do you got for us?  What were you trying to get from Southridge? The veritable end of civilization on Westward!"

At this Gramps looks around a little nervously and leans in.

"Well....it was...Lasher venom."