Advanced search  

News:

There is no news - all is well.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Members: 35  •  Posts: 8037  •  Topics: 486  • 
Please welcome Fallen Templar, our newest member.

Author Topic: New User Registration Instructions! (OLD, DO NOT USE)  (Read 6394 times)

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
New User Registration Instructions! (OLD, DO NOT USE)
« on: July 19, 2013, 10:13:30 PM »
Due to a year-long overwhelming attack on our forum by spammers, I have been forced to completely disable automatic user registration. We were getting anywhere from 500 to 1500 new users a day and it was making it impossible for me to tell which ones (if any) were legitimate. Until I am able to find some way to curb the invasion, I will have to handle all new user registrations manually.

If you are reading this and want to register for our forums, please follow this process.

STEP 1: Email the Administrator (that would be me) at starblade@nerdramblingz.com. Please put "Administorum New User" in the topic of your email so that I know what it is. Please keep in mind that the email address you use to email me will be the email address I use to create your account.

In the body of the email, please include this information:
 - Your requested username
 - Your date of birth
 - How you found us (if you were referred by another member, please include their username as well!)
 - A brief summary of why you want to join our forums.

If you were a member of the Old Administorum and your requested username is not the same as your old name, please include your old name so that I can properly import your post count.

STEP 2: Wait up to 24 hours for a reply. I have to process these by hands, so it may take a little while. If you haven't heard anything within 24 hours, please send me a follow up email.

STEP 3: My reply will include your username and a temporary password. You must log into the forums with this information to activate your account. You will be required to create your own password upon logging in.

STEP 4: Upon logging in, you will have 24 hours to post an introduction in the Introductions board. If you fail to post an introduction within 24 hours, or you attempt to post anywhere else before posting an introduction, your account will be suspended until I am able to contact you via email again. If you spam the boards with links or ads for other forums, you will be permanently banned.

STEP 5: Once you post in Introductions, you are all set! Make sure you read the Board Battle rules before joining a battle!

I know this is an involved process. As soon as I find some way to deal with the spammers, we will go back to the old way. But for now, this is how we will have to do it. If any members know of anyone who has been trying to register and can't, please have them email me to begin this process. Let me know if there are any questions.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 12:51:59 PM by Hanako »

Offline Hanako

• Forum A.I.
  • Caretaker
Re: New User Registration Instructions!
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2016, 12:51:35 PM »
Automatic registration is now open again, so this is no longer the new user process! Please disregard the above post.