Advanced search  

News:

There is no news - all is well.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Members: 35  •  Posts: 8042  •  Topics: 486  • 
Please welcome Fallen Templar, our newest member.

Poll

Would you be interested in participating in this battle?

Yes.
No, not interested.
Not right now, but maybe in the future.

Author Topic: Misthaven(Non-Epic Battle Board Suggestion) Battle Host: Castellan.  (Read 16273 times)

Offline Tyvaris

• Veteran Sergeant
Re: Misthaven(Non-Epic Battle Board Suggestion) Battle Host: Castellan.
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2010, 12:51:28 PM »
I have to finish the setting info first as that will correlate with Character creation.   I originally planned to post both yesterday, but haven't had the available time that I wanted to put into it.   I want to make an engrossing world that has it's own feel and history.    It's not really as easy as I thought it would be.   I am gonna probably post the map of the area and then a description of each of the areas presented on the map.  If a character would like to come from a different area that is altogether fine as long as the area is approved and it's location can be added to the setting description.   The character Creation guidelines should contain enough about all the races that will be playable for characters.  There won't be too many, as I don't want to allow a bunch of magical beings and strange races of modern D&D types, just yet.   I think the following list will be the final approved:

Dwarves(Classical Cave Dwelling)

Neo Dwarves(New Tech oriented live above ground)

Elves(Disappearing race most leaving the world do not believe in modern tech believe it will lead to the downfall of all species.)

Half Elves(A race of semi long lasting, sharing qualities of both elves and humans, not liked by Dark Elves and some resentment from Humans.)

Humans(Too many types to list, Tech, Barbarians, Imperial Humans(sorta like Romans), Pirates(not exactly your ARG variety)

Halflings(not all that common but a resiliant people, perfect pilots because of their light weight and size )

If anything else changes I'll let you guys know.  This will give everyone hopefully a little basis for thinking up a character.   Expect something soon in both the Setting and Character Guidelines boards.

NOTE: I have removed Dark Elves as a playable character option.  Dark Elves are pretty dark they are sadistic and cruel and refuse to work with any race besides there own.  Characters may encounter them in not so plesant terms.  I have removed them because I don't mind some minor hostility in a character group but I believe having a Dark Elve will make a group trying to work as a team not function.   I want characters to work together to solve problems not fight amongst themselves no matter how much that would make an interesting plot arch.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 01:14:55 PM by Castellan »

Offline Fei

• Banned
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2010, 05:12:31 PM »
Neo Dwarf it is.

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
  • Who wants to build a sand castle?
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2010, 11:16:19 AM »
Half Elf pretty boy sky pirate!

Offline Daccio

• Captain
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2010, 08:06:10 AM »
Human boy genious steam tech who cant fight to save his life *nods* He can fix your stuff though!

Offline Tamrissa

• Primarch
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2010, 09:55:05 AM »
Either a halfling co-pilot that knows a good bit about gunpowder and jelly donuts....or a human sailor on a naval vessel who is fond of a good old-fashioned sea skirmish.  Not sure...still thinking of all the possibilities.

Offline Tyvaris

• Veteran Sergeant
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2010, 12:38:08 PM »
More than likely another delay in the character guideline post as Hockey is on tonight... Tomorrow should be the final time I say that I will post character guidelines they are pretty much done.

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2010, 10:09:46 AM »
I didn't know where to put this, but here it is.

I won't be able to access a PC from the 21st until the 24th of May.  And it will be iffy the 25th and 26th. 

I know the character creation deadline is the 20th, but I couldn't find when the start date of the adventure was.  I wouldn't want Darterity to miss out on any bar room schenanigans in my absence!

Offline Tyvaris

• Veteran Sergeant
« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2010, 10:13:21 AM »
Thats, fine. I'll post the story introduction that weekend, but there will probably be a week for people to digest the start and figure out how they'd like to join in.
I'm sorry if the date says 20th, I meant friday 21st for final entries.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 10:49:35 AM by Castellan »

Offline Fei

• Banned
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2010, 07:02:50 PM »
Sorry that i missed out on chargen. been a chaotic couple of weeks.

Offline Tyvaris

• Veteran Sergeant
« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2010, 10:18:38 PM »
Still can if you want.  I might have to postpone the start till after Memorial Day.   If you want I can wait for you Fei and Jharm to create characters.  Only having Four battlers might be a little thin, wasn't planning on using too many NPCs but might have too if there aren't enough crew members.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 07:57:50 AM by Castellan »

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2010, 03:17:44 PM »
Lets do this!  When can we expect a start for this battle?  Darterity has been walking for a long time...

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2010, 03:44:51 PM »
Unofficial word from Castellan is tonight.

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2010, 05:01:59 PM »
I'm unofficially excited.

Offline Tyvaris

• Veteran Sergeant
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2010, 06:01:41 AM »
The first post will be this afternoon.  My grandmother passed away yesterday and my mind just wasn't into it.  I should have it up by around 6PM EST. 

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2010, 09:54:18 AM »
Sorry to hear that dude.

Offline Tyvaris

• Veteran Sergeant
« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2010, 10:19:38 AM »
It's ok.

I started last night and wrote like 6 Paragraphs and really wanted to have a huge epic tie it to the story, but that fell through as it is far too time consuming.  I just tossed it out as being a possible vignette story I'll post later.  Then started again and should have it post this afternoon.

Wrote up a huge battle for my main NPC but it just didn't have anything to do with the current story.  I just thought it would really set the mood and tone for the story to have it start with a climactic battle against Orcs and get a bigger epic feel for the story.  Well the story may remind people a lot of like Red Baron(Flying Circus) meets Pirates of the Carribean meets Indiana Jones meets LOTR.  Action and adventure through and through.

It may be an anticlimactic first post for some though as it has been several months in coming.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2010, 11:09:56 AM »
Since there is now an OOC thread for this battle, I'm going to close this thread and direct the discussion over there.