Advanced search  

News:

There is no news - all is well.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Members: 35  •  Posts: 8037  •  Topics: 486  • 
Please welcome Fallen Templar, our newest member.

Author Topic: I'm going to the army!  (Read 4577 times)

Offline john greymore

• Marine Sergeant
  • This world is Sacred
I'm going to the army!
« on: April 25, 2011, 09:40:06 AM »
Dear everybody,

It seems that my 4 months break has come to an end. I am going to the army on 3rd May to serve my National Service. I'll be in Basic Military Training for 2 months or so. Then I'll be sent to my unit and work in the army for the next 20 months (i.e. 2 years).

Fun, fun, fuuuuun times to come!

If you're interested in having a glimpse of how army life is like in Singapore (along with how 'singlish' accents are like), search up 'Every Singaporean Son' on youtube!

First episode: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxmp8nwQ43Q

I doubt it's as tough and what not as your country's training, but that's to be expected since this is compulsory conscription and not everyone is fit to handle the extreme training. I myself have extreme flat feet, so I'll be taking a modified version of training (not shown on the videos).

Also, I was planning on giving control of my characters to the respective Board Battle Masters, but I'm unsure whether this would be required since the pace of our forum posting would allow me to post without too much of a delay. If required, I'll make a post on the OOC topics to officially state so.

Destruction begets Creation. Creation begets Interaction. Interaction begets Society. Society begets Use. Use begets Destruction.

Thus the cycle begins and ends.

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
  • Who wants to build a sand castle?
Re: I'm going to the army!
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2011, 01:02:26 PM »
Good luck!  I knew a guy from Singapore who had served his time in your army.  He was a pretty cool guy, and he didn't seem worse for the wear because of it  :P 

I hope you're able to keep up with the boards!

Offline Archdemon Stu

• Veteran Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2011, 06:02:27 PM »
Your Army seems more practical in their training than the US.  US Army training is ghetto as shit.  Singapore's seems to have an actual plan with... "logic."

Well, whether you like or dislike your experience there, you'll grow from it.  And from my experience, it's all a test of your mental strength.

Let us know when you're done and whatnot!  I'd love to hear about your crazy adventures. :P

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2011, 02:46:53 AM »
Thanks for letting us know. Good luck to you. Hope to still see you around here!

You might want to pop a quick OOC post in the thread for any battles that you're currently a part of, just to let the battle Master know what's up. I'm sure they'll understand. :)

Offline john greymore

• Marine Sergeant
  • This world is Sacred
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2011, 06:14:19 AM »
@Kith: Glad he didn't change much. Hope all the testosterone etc etc won't subtly affect my personality, that would be disastrous!!!

@Jorumn: Really? I'd have had thought that US training would be more planned out, considering there's more resources spent on fewer soldiers. and yea I'll post about my adventures :D

@Cameron: Yea sure, I'll do that :D I'll be around!
Destruction begets Creation. Creation begets Interaction. Interaction begets Society. Society begets Use. Use begets Destruction.

Thus the cycle begins and ends.

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
  • Who wants to build a sand castle?
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2011, 11:40:12 AM »
A little testosterone never hurt anyone  8)

Too much of it certainly has...

But practical application of an agreeable amount is never a bad thing.