Advanced search  

News:

There is no news - all is well.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Members: 35  •  Posts: 8042  •  Topics: 486  • 
Please welcome Fallen Templar, our newest member.

Poll

Where do we pick up the Epic Battle?

Continue the Eye of Terror campaign from where it left off.
Skip to something new and revisit the Eye of Terror ending as a flashback later.
Have the characters ejected from the Eye of Terror, move on to something else, and have an EoT part 2 later.
Scrap the EoT. Write an ending for it, and just move on to something else.

Author Topic: Epic Battle: Where should we start?  (Read 18273 times)

Offline Danyael

• Chapter Master
  • Get out of yourself and grow.
Re: Epic Battle: Where should we start?
« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2010, 01:29:46 PM »
after the EOT, I've got some ideas swimming around.  If needed, I'll gladly be the next battle host.  Its certainly been a while.

Oh. Oh. Will it have werewolves? XD

It will be about how an ancient vampire deals with the trials and tribulations of teenage love.

And sparkles.
SWEET, I wanna be a Native American werewolf who takes every opportunity to shred my shirt off ala, Hulk Hogan style to show off my 8 Pack abs.

... I hate you all... (-_-)
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 01:33:49 PM by Danyael »
"Yeah, well, ya' better have a spatula where we're goin' cause my ass is frozen to this yak!" :o

Offline Fei

• Banned
« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2010, 07:28:35 PM »

And since I crossed the threshold...

« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 07:40:49 PM by Fei »

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2010, 09:28:46 PM »
Wow... this thread got REALLY off topic.  :P

Let's take all further Twilight discussion to the General Discussion forums, please.

Offline Danyael

• Chapter Master
« Reply #43 on: April 26, 2010, 09:34:36 PM »
Why don't we just start the battle and let people join when they get their profiles up? Wouldn't that provide some sense of inspiration to get them into the game? I think I heard (or read. whatever) that you'd write any newcomers in accordingly. Waiting a month for a start up point is kind of a gamble. I'm all for taking one's time to get things as close to perfect as possible, but provide too much of a gap and lag becomes inevitable. 
"Yeah, well, ya' better have a spatula where we're goin' cause my ass is frozen to this yak!" :o

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #44 on: April 26, 2010, 10:33:50 PM »
Danyael, you're assuming that I'm ready to start now. I'm not. I haven't touched my outlines in at least a year, and there's some things that need to go. Also, I don't want to steal the limelight away from Misthaven, which should be starting soon. And I'd love to maybe see if we could spread the word and get some new people interested before I start.

Also, although I CAN insert new characters later, it's much more of a pain in the ass. And starting the Epic Battle before I've even posted the Board Battle rules is bad form.

Offline Fei

• Banned
« Reply #45 on: April 26, 2010, 11:19:27 PM »
no worries.  At least we have a date for the coming of Jharm.   Man, has it been 6 years already?  fuuuck.

Besides, we have things to occupy ourselves with.  Castellan should have Misthaven ready soon. (you better, Travis)

Offline Danyael

• Chapter Master
« Reply #46 on: April 26, 2010, 11:21:10 PM »
Fair point. Won't bring it up again.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #47 on: April 27, 2010, 12:11:59 AM »
Hey, trust me. I'm just as excited for this as the next guy. But lack of planning is what lead to the epic horribly paced sprawl that was the last two chapters of EoT before the boards shut down, and I'm not into doing that again.

In the meantime, I was thinking about maybe having some kind of non-canon refresher. We'll see what happens.

Offline Tyvaris

• Veteran Sergeant
« Reply #48 on: April 27, 2010, 06:03:02 AM »
I plan to possibly start a battle within the next few weeks in the Misthaven setting although I would not call it a canon story to the setting.  Pretty much will be to feel out the role of Battle Master and to flesh out the setting for the characters.  The really big thing is trying to get the setting out there so characters can post characters intros.   I plan to have this done within the next week or so although I have not had much time to work on it.    The first battle maybe a little more open than future battles, but like I said before with Misthaven each story will be sorta a self contained story in the setting with characters who have banded together sorta staying together but may not follow from one battle to the next.

I'll keep you all up to date when I make more head way.   I still am torn about what fantasy races I would like to have exist in the world and also how magic heavy the story will be..

MISTHAVEN if all goes well the first Battle will begin MAY 15TH.  Please check the Character Creation boards for Character creation guidelines to be posted tentatively on May 2nd.

lol, not to mention I want to take part in the Epic BB too...
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 02:27:20 PM by Castellan »