Advanced search  

News:

There is no news - all is well.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Members: 35  •  Posts: 8037  •  Topics: 486  • 
Please welcome Fallen Templar, our newest member.

Author Topic: Pictures of Board Battle Characters!  (Read 7440 times)

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
    • To the Bitter End - Warcraft III Mod
Pictures of Board Battle Characters!
« on: November 03, 2010, 05:41:20 AM »
Some time ago, I requested some help for art to be made for To the Bitter End.  Since I'm a horrible cheapskate though I had vowed long ago not to spend any money on To the Bitter End (since I make no money off it myself) so any art that got made would have to strictly be volunteer work.

Amazingly, my request was answered by a really talented artist called Stephen Cousins.  He's made me some character concept sketches so far, and since I've uploaded several of them to my website, I can now make them public.

Before you go on though, please note that these characters are based on their look in To the Bitter End of the most part - I could have requested them to be done more like the on the Boards, but that would have made Stephen look stupid to everyone who plays TTBE but doesn't read the boards, and I didn't want that.  So, for example, Kitharsis has a nose.  Sorry Kith. :-\

So anyway, here we go:

Soul Reaver totally walkin' somewhere with gauntlet a-crackle:
http://www.familykrieg.com/tothebitterend/Pictures/Soul%20Reaver%20v1%20by%20Stephen%20Cousins.jpg

Fei Serumen looking threatening or possibly looking for his shirt:
http://www.familykrieg.com/tothebitterend/Pictures/Fei%20Serumen%20by%20Stephen%20Cousins.jpg

I think Tirthandaran is a pretty cool guy. eh smashes faces and doesnt afraid of anything:
http://www.familykrieg.com/tothebitterend/Pictures/Kitharsis%20by%20Stephen%20Cousins.jpg

Sera Poi trying to tempt us with an unergonomically form-fitting suit of armour:
http://www.familykrieg.com/tothebitterend/Pictures/Sera%20Poi%20by%20Stephen%20Cousins.jpg

Also, as an added bonus, a Dharuk Warrior from To the Bitter End, just trying to get ahead in life:
http://www.familykrieg.com/tothebitterend/Pictures/Dharuk%20Warrior%20by%20Stephen%20Cousins.jpg

So, what do you guys think?

Oh, by the way, a picture of Cameron Aileron is also incoming.  Expect it to be copyrightinfrigmentdodgeriffic.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 02:06:08 PM by Soul Reaver »

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
  • The Rampaging Chorus of Shadow
Re: Pictures of Board Battle Characters!
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2010, 09:28:40 AM »
Lovely. Pretty much how I envisioned those characters. Can't wait to see Clutchfiend :P

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2010, 09:36:38 AM »
Very nice. Looks like you found yourself a pretty amazing artist.

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
  • Who wants to build a sand castle?
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2010, 06:21:53 PM »
Thats awesome!  I wish I had the ambition to do something like that but alas, lazy...  It's great to see an artist's perspective on our creations, and I applaud your dedication for To The Bitter End!

Kitharsis as a Tirthandara does have a nose, but the tusks are just silly :P

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
    • To the Bitter End - Warcraft III Mod
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2010, 07:47:26 PM »
Thats awesome!  I wish I had the ambition to do something like that but alas, lazy...  It's great to see an artist's perspective on our creations, and I applaud your dedication for To The Bitter End!

Really?  I always thought he didn't have a nose. :P

Anyway, unfortunately giant noses, ears and tusks are a pretty fundamental part of the Troll model.  At least he toned them down from the even more exaggerated original.

Offline Danyael

• Chapter Master
  • Get out of yourself and grow.
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2010, 09:28:59 PM »
My compliments to your artist. Guy's got a real gift.

On a side note.... did you do your art for your avatar? Pretty damn good, if I may say so.
"Yeah, well, ya' better have a spatula where we're goin' cause my ass is frozen to this yak!" :o

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2010, 01:05:55 AM »
Yes, I did! A quick sketch in pen then some color in Paint. Thanks for the compliment!

And yeah the troll features really show through. Not a bad thing at all. Just different ;)

Offline Danyael

• Chapter Master
  • Get out of yourself and grow.
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2010, 11:20:10 PM »
I don't suppose you could show us a full view of Kith on the boards, could you? That would be great.  ;)
"Yeah, well, ya' better have a spatula where we're goin' cause my ass is frozen to this yak!" :o

Offline john greymore

• Marine Sergeant
  • This world is Sacred
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2010, 09:20:21 AM »
just popping by to say I really love the drawings, but i especially like kith's one. It's a whole story all in itself, that one!
Destruction begets Creation. Creation begets Interaction. Interaction begets Society. Society begets Use. Use begets Destruction.

Thus the cycle begins and ends.

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2010, 03:32:26 PM »
Well, this picture is cropped like this b/c the rest is kinda meh.  If I get inspired sometime I might try and get a full shot of Kith sometime.  I haven't drawn much of anything in a while though... could be ugly :P

Offline Archdemon Stu

• Veteran Sergeant
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2010, 03:52:12 AM »
Awesome!  Once I figure out what's wrong with my WACOM, I need to get to work on some illustrations myself.

The artist definitely went the extra mile on a couple of these.  Very interesting style.