Advanced search  

News:

There is no news - all is well.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Members: 35  •  Posts: 8042  •  Topics: 486  • 
Please welcome Fallen Templar, our newest member.

Author Topic: Westward: Incident at Fort Southridge  (Read 51650 times)

Offline Daccio

• Captain
Re: Westward: Incident at Fort Southridge
« Reply #120 on: December 27, 2014, 07:11:45 PM »
She leapt back off the meck as it started to open, revealing josper's father. She smirked at him from the ground as her dress settled around her, and she tapped the side of the blade of the knife on her offhand.

"Congratulations Marshal....it looks like you win out in the end.  Well....what are you waiting for?!?  Finish it already!"

Enoka gripped her blade and stepped forward "So eager for death, that-" she was cut off by Jerrick

Wait!

She sighed and closed her eyes, pressing her right hand to her temple. She turned to half face both Josper's father and Jerrick as he pulled the marshall off to the side.

She looked to Sebastian as she arrived at the gate, carying what they had been looking for.

"Good, we are done then." she said with a nod. She pulled out a small stone and began to run the blade of her knife along it, to sharpen it once more.
She looked to the others as the spoke, shrugging to Seth and looking to vil, waiting to see his response to Sebastian.

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
    • First post after joining the board battles
« Reply #121 on: January 21, 2015, 05:50:37 PM »
The black lenses of the Marshals goggles settle on the masked bounty hunter.  His response is simple but there is force behind it.  The man doesn't like what Sebastian seems to be hinting at.

"No."

Drifting his gaze over the three mercenaries the man continues speaking. 

"We will be remaining here until it is light.  Our associate will then be seeing to taking care of the last few loose ends and then we will be on our way.  With that being said I assume I will be seeing all three of you in the morning.

After fixing both Enoka and Seb with a hidden glare, he tips his hat and heads into the camp, the briefcase hanging in his left hand.

===========================
As Seth is examining the mech one of the ferals walks up near him.

"That gun of yours is something else, I don't even have to look to know it likely did a number on ol' Bessy here.  She used to belong to me before the chieftain seized her and had that gun strapped on.  Used to use her for heavy lifting and other less "violent" purposes.  She only would have to worry about the occassional stripped gear or bent bracket then.  The name's Chester, though some call me Cheezle for some reason *shrug*.  Seems like you are quite handy when it comes to mechanical things.  That "steed" of yours is quite something.  You don't see something like that even in Capital City let alone out in the wastes.  Anyways...if you're interested, since you and your friends seem to be staying here for the night, I wouldn't be against some assistance in getting Bessy up and running again.  Might even be able to scrape together something to pay ya for your help.
Religion and greed, cause millions to bleed.

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
  • The Rampaging Chorus of Shadow
« Reply #122 on: January 21, 2015, 08:49:09 PM »
"Cheezle?" Seth asks, not looking away from his work as he set about removing the metal panels around the damaged parts of the Mech's frame. "There was a 'mentally unstable' man by the nickname of Gizmoid who kept yelling for a Cheezle while I was in his shop." He deposited the wrench in his left hand in his mouth for a moment as he proceeded to use his hands to adjust the internal wiring, but he continued to talk around the tool. "He was instrumental in building my rifle, in fact. Gave me the last few parts I needed."

The mention of his steed and the capitol gets his attention. He stops for a moment, looking straight ahead, but then gets back to work, removing the wrench from his mouth and using it to remove the fastening bolts that had been busted through by some of his rail spikes.

"The vehicle is my father's design. He built the prototype, I've merely maintained and upgraded it over the years. I can't take all the credit."

Sliding the now free spike from the dented chassis, he placed it back in a bag on his bike before pulling a mallet from his toolset and setting about hammering the dented metal back into place.

"Even if you didn't pay me, I'd fix this mech. It almost pains me to see machinery misused in this fashion. This wasn't a battle model, that much is clear. She was practically screaming in protest with that gun nailed to her. I'm sorry I had to hurt her."

It seemed Seth's affinity for machines went a bit deeper than just natural skill. Almost like he felt a connection with machinery.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 08:52:30 PM by Shadow Chorus »

Offline Daccio

• Captain
« Reply #123 on: January 21, 2015, 10:58:27 PM »
As the marshal stared in Sebastian's direction, she watched the marshal, unblinking. She looked to Sebastian as well.

The marshal, however, just stomped into the camp, without anything else.

She glanced over to Seth, watching him talk about machinery if it were alive. Well, even if it were, she had stabbed it in the eye. It was dead to her, and that was what mattered. With a shake of the head, she headed into the camp to find a place to bunk down, starting challengingly at anyone who gave her trouble.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 04:33:23 PM by Sepher »

Offline Radobe

• Marine Sergeant
  • Make games, not love!
« Reply #124 on: February 04, 2015, 04:47:22 AM »
"No"

Sebastian stared a few seconds after and gave an understanding nod. If the chief died tonight it would not be her doing.  She goes to retrieve her horse, after which she asks for directons to a free tent and quickly heads into camp. In the solitude of the tent she removes her mask and takes advantage of the food and water offered. It has been a while since she had kicked back and relaxed. Who knows when there will be another time for a breather like this.
An eye for two, a tooth for a jaw, a hair for a head! Fight to be respected!

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #125 on: March 21, 2015, 10:11:12 AM »
Vil heads for one of the huts that have been reserved for him and his companions.  Locking the door behind him he glances around the domicile.  The "house" contains a simple bed, nightstand, and table with chairs in it.  The Marshal removes his hat, placing it on the table, and lays down on the mattress, falling asleep soon after.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Chester can't help but react to Seth's response.

"Gizmoid?  I'll be damned....that crazy lil' bastard is still alive?"

He seems to drift off into his own thoughts for a moment before returning to the present.

"My apologies...."Gizmoid" as he calls himself now, was a good friend of mine.  There was a time where he, your father, and myself were quite a dynamic trio.  Three masterful engineers working to try and better the future of humanity."

Seth then mentions about how Gizmoid was influential in constructing the gun he had hanging at his side.  The mechanic chuckles slightly at hearing this.

"Giz was always a fan of abstract weaponry.  That's how things seemed to go actually....Giz handled the guns...I developed protective armory....and your father handled the "miscellaneous" you could say."

He gestures at the nearby bike as he continues speaking.

"That bike was his pride and joy.  He spent so many hours pouring over the schematics of the Castleberry Courier.  He was adamant that there had to be a "better" alternative to it.  Eventually he figured it all out.  In the end though....it cost him more then he could have ever expected....."

He seems to drift off again into some past memory.   

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
« Reply #126 on: March 21, 2015, 01:39:31 PM »
"Wait, what!?" Seth jumped, almost dropping his tools. For once he stopped working and looked squarely at Chester. "You knew my father?" This was quite the revelation for Seth. As far as he knew, he was the only one left who had any knowledge of the Ravenhall family or their work. "I never really got to know him, he was always off doing work or building new machines. What was he like? How did you three meet? Where were you when those bandits attacked and killed him?"

He was ranting for a moment, but then caught himself and restored his composure. He turned back to the machine he was working on. "I'm sorry, that was rude, to ask so many questions after having just met you. Forgive me, it's just I never really knew my Father."

Seth pulled his goggles down, their rims and shaded lenses hiding the tears welling up in his eyes. He covered the action up by picking up his blowtorch and getting to work on welding some of the split internal metal back together.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 03:19:34 PM by Shadow Chorus »

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #127 on: May 08, 2015, 12:30:02 PM »
The feral raised a hand at Seth's apology.

"No apology needed."

He watches as the man sets to work with the blowtorch, reforming and sealing damaged metal together effortlessly.  The growing darkness obscures the man's face, though the glow of the torch illuminates it occasionally.  A hint of sadness seems to reside on the man's features as he watches the son of one of his closest friends repair the mech before them.  Seth finishes the weld job and puts the torch down, Chester finally speaking up.

"Yes....I knew your father.  We were quite a team back in the day.  It was myself, Gizmoid, and your father.  If it was made of metal and gears we could make it or fix it.  Our love for tinkering and machines was what brought the three of us together originally.  Your father was always the one who came up with the grandest designs though.  That bike....(his voice seems to catch in his throat slightly)...that was his greatest creation though.  At the time nothing like it existed anywhere...not in the wastes....not even in the Capital.  Sure there were bikes...the Cadberry Courier and what not.  Nothing though that matched the sophistication and speed of the "iron horse" as he sometimes called it.  Of the three of us he was the most...."sophisticated" which meant he was the only one who generally could get into the City without much of a hassle.  It was obvious I was a wastelander so without proper papers or..."financial convincing" the city guards would give me trouble.  Gizmoid....well from the sounds of it he hasn't changed too much.  He always had a few "gears loose" you could say.  Your father would come up with idea's....and Gizmoid's twisted mind would somehow make them work usually."

Chester gently leans against Ol' Bessie as he continues speaking.

"Unfortunately most of the money for fancy inventions and whatnot came from the City.  Not too many out in the wastes and badlands have the scrap to finance three crazy inventors.  To keep us...well himself really...in good standing with the City he would "hire" himself off to assist with the occasional mechanical snafu out here.  Generally he would go in...get the job...and then we would all head off to see to it.  That last job though....."

Should Seth look up, he would see hints of pain and regret on the weathered face on the man before him as he continues speaking.

"It was supposedly a really simple job.  Giz and I had every intention of accompanying him as usual.  We were right in the middle of trying to get our latest doodad working though and he didn't want to drag us away "needlessly".  It was so simple he said he was going to take his son with him on this one. A week or two after you two headed out...we got the word that the caravan you were travelling with had been hit by ferals and that there were....no survivors.   After that...the operation fell apart.  Without your father it could never be the same.  We both blamed ourselves for not coming along.  The shock of it all seemed to affect Gizmoid even more then me.  He began to rant to himself...or more specifically to invisible "people".  A few times he would seem to carry on conversations with your father...as if he was still standing there in front of us.  It truly ended though when we returned to the workshop one night to find it completely trashed.  Someone had broken in, and it was clear they had been looking for something.  After a short while we figured out what it was."

He gestures towards the bike.

"That.  Anything and everything your father had written down or made while working on it....was gone.   After that....well Gizmoid really snapped.  Then one day he simply up and wandered outside....ranting to himself....and never returned.  I figured he was grabbed by whoever had ransacked the shop.  I destroyed the few projects we had still been working on and fled into the wastes. If only we had realized that you had survived....maybe things would have been different."

The man glances off out across the dark wastes surrounding them.  He clears his throat as he looks back to seth and the mech.

"Anyways....it's dark and the men will be wanting to lock up the gate.  Critters like to come out when the sun falls.  She (he gestures to the mech) will be fine here til it's light again."

He kneels down as he examines the repairs Seth has performed.  Outside subtle hints of repair one could say the mech almost looks as good as new.  He pats the mech affectionately.

"Looks like you have pretty much gotten her up and running.  I can work on fixing the faceplate and the other injuries later.  Let's get inside."

He gestures towards the open gate and waits for Seth to follow him inside.  A few of the guards stand at the open portal, positioning the damage doors to better prevent anything from entering until they can properly be re-fastened to the walls.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 01:34:02 PM by Jharm »

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
« Reply #128 on: May 08, 2015, 04:41:00 PM »
Seth lifts his goggles from his eyes, tears flowing out from under the rim as soon as he moves them away. He wiped his face with a rag and choked out a "Thank you." before following Chester inside, pulling the bike along with him. When he spoke again, it was somewhat more controlled. "It's nice. To finally know something about my father. He had always told me the Ravenhalls could build anything, and there was no-one better with a wrench on this dustball. but he also said that sometimes even a Ravenhall needed a bit of help. I suppose he was talking about you two."

Alex pulled the rag he had just used from his pocket. It was another one of those emblazoned with the raven and cogs that symbolized his family. He offered it to Chester.

"Here. It's one of the only ones I've got left, but I think you deserve something to remember him by more than I do. I have the bike."

Offline Daccio

• Captain
« Reply #129 on: October 06, 2015, 10:31:43 AM »
Enoka, as she wandered, found a fire burning with relatively few others around it. She silently moved in and sat near it. She assessed her situation and surroundings, making note of what was going on around her.

Slowly, she drew the knives out of their sheaths. She pulled a small stone out of one of her pockets. Looking at the knife she had used to stab though the viewport on the mech, she inspected the blade. Grimacing at something that no one else would have noticed, she put the stone to the blades edge and with a soft whisk...whisk....whisk.... noise, she brought the blade up to its normal perfection.

She seemed to ignore anyone around her, but if anyone got close, she would look up at them, saying nothing to them unless they spoke. She had the air of a natural apex predator around her, it often threw people off, and she was doing nothing to surpress it.

After a while, she had her knives were she wanted them, and stood, brushing herself off. She headed to one of the huts that were for the group and let herself in with little noise. She chose a spot in the room to bunk down that could see every exit or entrance and went to sleep with a hand on her knife hilt. She was a very light sleeper.

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #130 on: October 12, 2015, 01:55:37 AM »
Chester looks down at the rag that Seth handed him.  He rubbed a calloused thumb over the symbol on it.  The two walk through the camp and eventually arrive at one of the larger buildings.  Seth notices that this one appears to have a large metal door at the one end in addition to a "regular size" door.  Chester enters through the normal door and a moment later the sound of a latch sliding is heard and the large metal door raises up into the air.  Chester gestures to the technic to bring the bike inside and once he has done so he grabs a chain fastened to the large door and pulls it back down and latches it in place once more.

"There, the bike will be safe in here.  You are more then welcome to bunk down in here should you like, got some spare blankets and whatnot stashed around here somewhere.  With that though, I bid you good night."

The man heads into the area off of the garage and disappears into his sleeping quarters.

=======================
As Enoka sits down at the fire and pulls out her knives, she elicits some looks from the villagers gathered around the campfire and a nearby guard seems to grip his gun a little tighter but nothing more happens.  The assassin arrives in the building set aside for the group to see Sebastian has already arrived and removed her gas mask and was partaking of some refreshment, but in her usual style ignores the bounty hunter and lays down on one of the providing beddings giving her perfect view of the entry door of the building. 

=======================
Vildayvin arrives at a small building next to the larger one that Sebastian and Enoka are residing in, and after entering he searches the building to ensure no one is possibly hiding within.  Placing the briefcase on a table, the Marshal lowers his goggles and then begins to deftly fiddle with the locks on the case before a slight click is heard and he opens it up.  Resting in the padded case is a medium-sized glass vial with a sickly green colored fluid within.

"So this is what we went through all this trouble for old man.  I just hope it turns out to be worth all the trouble."

He closes the case and resets the locks on it.  Heading over to the bedding he lays down, placing the case under his head, and his hat over his eyes before falling asleep.

===========
The guard leaded the shackled man through the camp to a building a distance away from everything else, Josper close behind them.  As they enter the building Jerrick looks around, this is the first time he has been in here since his father "changed".  All around there were signs that this was no longer the simple jail it had once been.  Blood stains on the floor, torture implements set out on a nearby table, it all was yet another indication of how far his father had fallen.  He gestures at the door leading to the handful of cells.

"See that he is chained up within.  See that he remains under heavy guard until morning, then all of this shall finally be taken care of."

The guard nods his head.

"As you command."

Jerrick then turns and heads up to the chieftains tent, gazing around at the assorted spoils gathered by his father and shaking his head.  He then just about collapses on the bed as exhaustion from the recent events overtaking him as he quickly falls asleep, two guards stationing themselves outside.

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
« Reply #131 on: October 27, 2015, 06:10:07 PM »
"Thanks, I think I'll handle myself." Seth said, nodding as Chester turned to walk away. The events and revelations of the day swirling in his head, he slowly pulls a bedroll and blanket from one of the saddlebags and laid them down next to the bike. Making sure the key was tucked safely under his collar, Seth laid down and closed his eyes, trying his hardest to get some sleep.

It wouldn't be easy. Seth was haunted that night with memories of the day he lost his father, of the attack and of his father's death. He started more than once during the night. It most certainly would not be a good night's sleep for the last Ravenhall. He tosses and turns, muttering in his sleep and breaking out in a cold sweat. He might not be very rested come morning.

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #132 on: November 10, 2015, 09:41:00 AM »
The twin suns of Westward begin to rise above the horizon, the light washing over the ramshackle village.  Two men briskly walk up to one of the huts and rap on the door.

========

The smell of food awakens Seth from his fitful sleep.  He hears shuffling from somewhere past the doorway leading into the rest of the house.  It would seem Cheezle is up and about, and from the smell is cooking something.  A moment later Chester walks in with a plate in his hand, cutlery resting on top.  Seeing the technic has awoken he smiles.

"Good morning Seth.  Hope you slept well.  Whipped up some grub for ya."

He places the plate on one of the nearby open workbenches and headed back into the other room, returning soon after with another plate and the handles of two mugs gripped in his other hand.  Placing it all down on the same table he retrieves some chairs and sat down and began to eat his food.  Soon after though a knock is heard at the door and he goes to answer it.  Seth can hear the door open and Chester speaking with someone, and then the door closes and Chester returns.

"It would seem Jerrick and his father will be settling their differences in a short while.  I am to tell you that should you choose to attend it will be at the gathering area in front of the chieftains home.  If you wish, I will gladly see to your bike's safety.  If not I am sure your Marshal friend will come find you once everything is over."

He sits down once more and begins to eat his breakfast once again.

================
The door to the building Enoka and Sebastian are residing in shudders slightly as someone raps against it, the noise awaking the vigilant assassin.  She opens the door to see a guard standing before her.

"Pardon me m'am but I have been instructed to inform you "it is time".  Should you wish to attend, head for the gathering area outside the chieftains home (he gestures in the appropriate direction) and if not the Marshal will come find you afterwards."

The guard turns and leaves, having completed his assignment.

====================

A knock is heard at the door and the seemingly asleep Marshal shifts slightly as his right hand deftly seizes one of his revolvers and aims it at the door, his hat still over his face.

"Marshal...it is time."

He recognizes the voice of Jerrick and gently uncocks the gun and slips it back into the holster.  Reaching up he lifts his hat from his face as he sits up, placing it properly on his head.  Standing up he stretches for a moment before sliding his goggles over his eyes and grabbing the briefcase in his left hand.  Moving across the room he opens the door to see Jerrick in front of him, a guard a step behind the feral leader (or soon to be leader if everything goes to plan).  The gleam from the slowly rising suns glimmers off the reflective darkness of the lawman's goggles, the lens glowing dimly like smoldering embers while hiding his eyes from view.  A brief look of shock spreads over the guards face as he shifts back a step upon seeing the man in all black, his eyes almost glowing as if on fire.  Vil always felt the simplest method to handle your average street thug was intimidation.  The inability to see where his eyes were gazing worked to unsettle many a potential troublemaker, and the fact that light seemed to reflect (or be absorbed as some in the badlands whispered) seemed to further the effect.  While Vildayvin was slightly amused by the reaction within his face showed nothing as he gazed at Jerrick.

"Excellent.  Have my companions been awoken yet?"

"They should all be receiving their wake-up calls and directed to the area as we speak.  If you would follow me, we will fetch my father.  I am sure you wish to be done with this business as soon as possible."

"That is correct, I have important things I must see to as soon as possible."

Jerrick glances down at the briefcase in the Marshals hand and then back up to his face as the trio slowly make their way through the village.   As they walk through the streets villagers glance out of their homes.  Word quickly spread about what was to happen at sunrise and they all knew what was at stake. The feral leader and lawman walk in silence until they reach the jail.  Josper stands at the door, though after a nod from Jerrick he turns and moves into the building.  A few moments later he returns with another guard and and Jerrick's father, his hands cuffed behind his back.  It would seem at some point someone had tended to the man's injuries and while he wasn't fully healed up, he wasn't close to keeling over anymore either.  The two Kreevan's look at each other in silence, anger clear on the fathers face while something akin to sadness or disappointment flickers across the sons'.  The entourage begins to move back into the village, soon after arriving at the open gathering area outside of the large home belonging to the chieftain.  A few villagers and guards had gathered to see the proceedings.  Jerrick steps forward and speaks to the small gathering.

"As you are no doubt aware, I have laid claim to the mantle of Chieftain.  There  are certainly some of you that doubt my claim as the recent happenings have been with the assistance of outsiders.  Therefore I shall prove my worth through the simplest method.  My father and I shall face off in a duel....to the death.  The one left standing will have proven his claim.”

He gestures to one of the guards that had been accompanying him.  The man steps forward, two gun belts in his hand. Jerrick gestures towards the guns as he gazes at the Marshal.  Vildayvin places the briefcase on the ground, as he pulls each gun out of its holster and examines each weapon.

“So none may try and claim that any trickery was involved, the Marshal will verify that both weapons are operational and loaded properly.  Marshal....are you satisfied with the firearms?”

Vildayvin glances towards the crowd as he speaks.

“Yes, both weapons are properly loaded and functional.”

Vildayvin takes one of the belts and the guard takes the other over to Jerrick.  As the man accepts the belt and secures it around his waist, Vil is securing the other around the elder Kreevan.  The crowd begins to move away from the two gunmen until the area is only occupied by the Kreevan's, Vildayvin, and a single guard.  The Marshal makes his way back over to the briefcase.  He reaches into his duster and pulls out a silver pocketwatch as he speaks, transferring the watch to his left hand.

“When I give the signal, you shall be unshackled Edgar.  Then once the song ends....may the best man win.”

At this Edgar finally speaks up.

“How do I know you won't simply gun me down?!?”

Vildayvin chuckles.

“Should you emerge the victor...then you and I will settle the business between us just as you two are now.  This is between you and you're son....though don't get any ideas.”

He then nods at the guard and the shackles around Edgars wrists are unlocked and removed.  He then flips the pocket watch open and a song can be heard, the tune wafting through the courtyard.  The Marshals face lowers slightly as he gazes at something on the other side of the watch top, before rising once more as he looks at one Kreevan then the other, his right hand resting on the handle of one of his guns.

Offline Daccio

• Captain
« Reply #133 on: November 13, 2015, 01:14:39 PM »
She stares at the guard, listening to his words. She nods and promptly closes the door, before returning to her bunk. She picks up her small pack, pulling what appears to be dry rations out of it, some dried meat and hard biscuits and she eats them down quickly. She pulls a small container out of her bag and opens it. Staring at it for a moment, she sniffs the liquid contained.

After a moment she chuckled to herself and and shook her head, drinking some of the water before replacing it.   She quickly replaces the bandana on her hair, her dust goggles hanging around her neck. Smoothing her skirts, she checks her knives. Once she is content everything is as it should be, she exits the building, with only a glance for sebastian.

She wandered in the direction of where the duel was going to be taking place, walking down the middle of the road, and not moving for anyone who happened to be walking there. If someone happened to not move as well, she shouldered through them, and glared at them with malice.

She finally approached the duel site and quickly scaled the tallest building nearby to watch. She sat on the edge, peering down. She idly took out one of her combat knives and spun it absently in her hand, keeping her senses peeled for the surroundings as the duel prepared to commence.

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
« Reply #134 on: November 18, 2015, 12:49:31 PM »
As Chester entered, Seth was already packing up his supplies back into his bike. As the other man offers him food, he takes it with a bow of the head and proceeds to eat quickly, but deliberately, finishing off the food in short order. Standing and dusting off his clothing, he walks over to his bike.

"Thanks, Chester. I'll take it with me." Seth said, removing the parking brake and raising the kickstand on the bike and beginning to wheel it out at his side from the garage.

It looked like the duel was about to get underway. Seth wheeled the bike around to a good position outside the crowd that was forming. Sitting down on the bike, Seth crossed his arms and proceeded to watch the proceedings unfold, lowering his goggles over his eyes as he analyzed the situation in his mind.

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #135 on: November 30, 2015, 07:36:18 PM »
The tune wafts through the area and after a minute or two gently fades away.  Utter and complete silence seems to pervade the area, even the wildlife and wind have faded away as the two Kreevans face each other.  The Marshals eyes flit between the two men, as any second now one or both will go for their guns.  Jerrick and Edgar glare at each other, their hands positioned above their weapons.  Then a brief smirk spreads across the elder Kreevans face and his hand drops to his gun.  In the blink of an eye a gunshot rings out and then only one of the two men is standing.  Vildayvin walks over to the fallen man, his hand still resting on his gun.  His hidden gaze drifts down to the fatally wounded man lying at his feet, the sound of Jerrick coming up behind him.  Edgar lays in front of them, a bullet hole in his chest.  His breathing is labored and a pool of blood spreads beneath him.

*Cough* "Well well well....looks like you had it in you after all my boy." *labored chuckle*

Edgar glances over to Vildayvin. 

"Well Marshal....looks like you lost out in the end.  He is not going to be happy about you meddling in his affairs."

Confusion spreads over Jerricks face as he leans down close to his dying father.

"Who is "he"?  Tell me!"

The only response he gets is a ragged laugh followed by a coughing fit that ends in gurgling as Edgar Kreevan dies.  Jerrick stands up and looks over at Vildayvin.

"I always suspected someone was overlooking my father.  This confirms it."

"In my line of work I am used to "upsetting" criminal overlords and what not.  This matters little to me.  With his death....my business here is complete."

The Marshal walks back to where he had been standing and picked the case up.  Turning around he notices both Seth and Enoka nearby.  Gesturing towards the main gate with his head he turns back to Jerrick.

"Farewell Jerrick Kreevan.  As long as you follow the agreement between yourself and Southridge I doubt we will see each other again.  Break that agreement though....and I will return and I promise such a meeting will not end as well as this one did."

With that said, Vildayvin begins to make his way down towards the main gate, eventually arriving at the small holding pen for horses near the gate.  Sebastian is standing nearby waiting for the others, her mask and everything in place once again and a horse next to her ready to go.  Vil guides his steed out of the pen and waits for Seth and Enoka to arrive.

=================================
As the duel ends, Chester walks up next to Seth.

"It would seem the son has surpassed the father.  Looks like your friend is a little impatient there."

Chester pats Seth on the shoulder as he continues to speak.

"Looks like this is where we part ways.  I suspect those responsible for what happened to your father are still out there and may still be wanting to get their hands on that bike.  Perhaps some day we will meet again.  Take care of yourself Seth."

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
« Reply #136 on: November 30, 2015, 11:25:30 PM »
"We'll definitely meet again, Chester." Seth says, nodding at the other man as he puts the key into the ignition of the bike. "I think I'm beginning to see a pattern. I don't think any of these events have been coincidence. Perhaps not even my own hiring."

As the bike roars to life, Seth takes one last look around the settlement. "I hope next time We'll be here on more peaceful grounds." With that, he spurs the bike into motion, Rolling it at a slow running pace outside the gate before bringing it to a halt and putting his feet down for balance, waiting for the others.

While he waited, he pulled the railway rifle from its rack on the side of the bike and began to inspect it, adjusting steam valves and the iron sights, tuning the weapon into better condition based on its performance in the previous battle.

Offline Daccio

• Captain
« Reply #137 on: December 01, 2015, 07:42:12 AM »
Enoka watched the duel idly. It was not really that spectacular. One shot rang out, one person died. She sighed. These people.

She stood and jumped off the edge of the building, twisting to catch the lip of the roof with her hands and proceeded to climb down the rest of the way. It seemed like everyone was in a hurry to get the heck out of this place, so she settled into a quick walk which soon brought her to the gate of the camp. Unless anyone actively approached her, she had no business with any of these people.

She would glance at the Marshal, meeting his hidden gaze unflinchingly and move to being preparing her horse for departure.

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #138 on: December 14, 2015, 08:15:39 PM »
Once everyone has gathered at the gate, Vil climbs up into the saddle and glances back at the others.

"We ride for Yewanrey with all possible speed.  It's time to finish this."

With that, he spurs his horse into motion, the group barreling out of the encampment.  The group travels towards Yewanrey, making it about halfway without the slightest problem.  About halfway through the journey the group is travelling through a small canyon and as they round a bend in the road leading out of the canyon...all hell breaks loose.  As they round the bend gunfire erupts from a series of rocks in front of them, forcing the group to retreat back around the corner.  The Marshal slides off his horse and leans against the protective rock and glances around the corner.

"Looks like a handful [6] of targets, all of them behind decent cover."

Vildayvin moves back to his horse and removes a rifle from a holster next to his saddlebag.  Glancing around and then upwards he slings the rifle onto his back and begins to scale the rock wall.

"I'll provide come cover from above!"

Reaching the top the man hunkers down behind a rock, unslinging the rifle and begins to pop off shots at the entrenched enemies, his bullets pinging of the rocks they are using for cover and causing the gunmen to duck behind the cover, giving brief windows of opportunity for the others to possibly push forward out of the bottle neck.

"I may be wrong about my count!"
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 08:20:14 PM by Jharm »

Offline Daccio

• Captain
« Reply #139 on: December 15, 2015, 10:55:59 PM »
Enoka climbed into her saddle, wrapping her leg around the pommel and sitting side-saddle like a proper lady. She started off after Vildayvin as he took off with unnecessary haste. As she rode, she went through the rote motions of checking her blades, and focusing on the environment around them.

As they round a corner in a small canyon, gunfire breaks looks, causing her horse to rear, tossing her off backwards. She lets out a curse that would do a sailor proud and lands gracefully on her feet as she drags the horse backwards.

“You were leading Marshal, how could you lead us right into this?” she growled even as he glanced around the corner to count guards. In her left hand, she pulls out four of her throwing knives, putting them between her fingers and thumb. In her right she draws one of her combat daggers.

She shakes her head and mutters under her breath, shooting a glare at the marshal as he climbed. Flattening herself against the canyon wall, she waits for him to begin firing. As he does, she darts, her heavy skirts fluttering behind her as she skids behind another rock for cover. She continues to do this as she closes in on the enemies forward position.

Waiting for one more opportune cover fire, she darts out, and leaps one of the bandit’s forward positions, sailing alongside of one of the men who had been shooting. As she she lands, she casually attempts to knife him in the throat with her combat knife, and with her left hand, unleashes two more throwing knives at other targets around, attempting to hit vitals or something that will incapacitate. She then grabs the man she slashed with her combat knife and drags him around in front of her to use as a human shield.

“That’s NO way to greet a lady” she spoke loudly, perfectly articulate and proper.