Advanced search  

News:

There is no news - all is well.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Members: 35  •  Posts: 8037  •  Topics: 486  • 
Please welcome Fallen Templar, our newest member.

Author Topic: Sub-boards for General Discussion  (Read 10369 times)

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
Sub-boards for General Discussion
« on: May 17, 2010, 11:56:30 AM »
So I was thinking about making some sub-boards for the General Discussion board, just to organize things a bit. What I'm looking for is what types of categories you think we should create sub-boards for. Topics that you think will generate enough interest that they deserve their own section. Let me know and I'll get them in.

Offline Tamrissa

• Primarch
Re: Sub-boards for General Discussion
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2010, 02:02:20 PM »
From what I have seen so far...

Gaming
Music
Random and Ridiculous...or as I am normally saying to myself "WTF?"

Maybe a Rant/Rave category?  A place to discuss things that annoy you or that you enjoy.  Only caution I would make is to not allow comments to be made on race, religion, politics and/or creed.  Typical message board rules probably.

Anime?  I remember seeing a lot of anime fans in the past. 

Offline Tyvaris

• Veteran Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2010, 02:27:36 PM »
The Administorum - Movie, Book, Gadget -  Review forum...  maybe review certain items etc you have. Or movies, books and anything else you have read/etc that you'd suggest to Board Members..

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2010, 09:27:43 PM »
VIDEO GAMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I volunteer to run the ADF (Alistair Defense Force) forum.

Offline Tyvaris

• Veteran Sergeant
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2010, 06:05:10 AM »
VIDEO GAMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I volunteer to run the ADF (Alistair Defense Force) forum.

What exactly is this?   Keep in mind I've never played Mass Effect... if thats what its from.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2010, 06:59:25 AM »
That's not what it's from.  :-\

Offline Angie

• Scout
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2010, 01:57:44 PM »
I think, due to our member base being rather on the small side, that  you should probably go with a more general approach. Perhaps a "fiction" and a "gaming" category as opposed to a lot of more specific ones.

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
    • First post after joining the board battles
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2010, 07:45:44 PM »
Alistair is from Dragon Age: Origins (you were kinda close in that Bioware makes both DA:O and ME) and the current love interest of Faidth :)  Im sure for your mistake she is going to royally thump you when she sees you next.
Religion and greed, cause millions to bleed.

Offline Tyvaris

• Veteran Sergeant
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2010, 06:01:27 AM »
Oh... Maybe I should get that for PC.  I watched the uber awesome trailers for it, although sadly trailers don't show the names of characters.  Is it a linear RPG or Open ended?  I hate when you have to go down this path and the game is just problem solving and eye candy. :(

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
  • Who wants to build a sand castle?
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2010, 09:30:39 AM »
The dog > Aliistair IMHO.

Offline Angie

• Scout
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2010, 01:47:32 PM »
man the dog > everyfuckingone

Too bad he doesn't hold up as well late game.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2010, 01:48:49 PM »
The dog needs more abilities. He gets kinda shafted late when everyone else has two specializations and he still has his basic stuff.

Offline Tyvaris

• Veteran Sergeant
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2010, 10:42:12 AM »
How about an Introduction Board for New members to post about who they are and what interests they have.  Just an idea...

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2010, 11:00:37 AM »
That's already planned. But that will be going in the Rules/Introductions/FAQ section, not in General Discussion.

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2010, 04:27:58 PM »
man the dog > everyfuckingone

Too bad he doesn't hold up as well late game.

man you must do something wrong cause end game my dog is tearing darkspawn apart left and right :)  I love that lil guy  Prolly the one character I miss the most when I play Awakening

Offline Angie

• Scout
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2010, 01:51:38 PM »
man you must do something wrong cause end game my dog is tearing darkspawn apart left and right :)  I love that lil guy  Prolly the one character I miss the most when I play Awakening

Spoilers; pretty much everyone else can do that better.

I'm not saying he's BAD, he just doesn't hold up nearly as  well as the others.

Then again, the best possible party is three mages (including the protagonist) and either a warrior (pref. Alistair or Loghain due to innate shield focus) or Shale tanking.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2010, 02:55:42 PM »
My problem with the Dog is his lack of abilities. He can't take any specializations, he only has the Warrior tree and the "Dog" tree. And although his Dog abilities are good, it kinda sucks later on when everyone else in your party has at least one awesome specialization and he's just kinda stuck with the same abilities he's had all game. Shale has basically the same problem, only it's offset by the sheer amount of ass that Shale kicks.

Having said that, the mod for the PC version which adds the dog as a 5th active party member makes him 100 times more useful.

While we're on the subject, why the hell does Sten only get 1 specialization dot when every other party member excluding the dog and Shale gets 2?
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 02:57:55 PM by StarbladeMKIII »

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2010, 06:31:00 PM »
Thing is....how the hell would you give a dog multiple specs?  Really I never felt he needed anything else....put all his points into strength and he would slaughter almost anything

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2010, 02:04:12 AM »
I divided Dog's points between strength and con. He's not bad, but compared to the others, especially at later levels, he seemed a bit under-powered.  He can't exactly engage in witty banter either, which was one of my favorite parts of the game. My party usually consists of Alistair (no surprise there,) Leliana, and Wynne. Some of the best conversations result from Alistair and Wynne.  :)

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2010, 12:44:30 PM »
Allister to the right, statted as off tank, Wynne to the left, Spirit Healer/Arcane Warrior with the Spellweaver sword and the Cleansing Aura ability, Leilana in the back statted out as a ranged fighter with bow or crossbow, and the main character up front in the Blood Dragon Plate with sword and shield, statted with strength and con and with the Champion/Templar package. You're pretty much unstoppable at high levels.