Advanced search  

News:

There is no news - all is well.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Members: 35  •  Posts: 8042  •  Topics: 486  • 
Please welcome Fallen Templar, our newest member.

Author Topic: The Eye of Terror: OOC Thread VI  (Read 39463 times)

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
    • To the Bitter End - Warcraft III Mod
Re: The Eye of Terror: OOC Thread VI
« Reply #80 on: October 18, 2010, 04:48:27 AM »
No attack... yet.  Soul Reaver's gearing up for something nasty.

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #81 on: October 18, 2010, 07:20:56 PM »
Alright, Abbadon is about to unleash something nasty, specifically directed at the three characters that he did not attack during this post. PLEASE, NO ONE SHOULD POST YET. I am going to release part 2 of this post tomorrow, during which Abbadon's attack will go off.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #82 on: October 18, 2010, 07:30:26 PM »
Per Faidth, the Eye of Terror thread is closed. It will re-open tomorrow.

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #83 on: October 19, 2010, 09:11:04 PM »
Okay, Part 2 of the post is up. You may commence with your Chaos Lord pummeling.

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
    • First post after joining the board battles
« Reply #84 on: October 20, 2010, 12:50:08 AM »
Okay, Part 2 of the post is up. You may commence with your Chaos Lord pummeling.

Gladly....  ;D
Religion and greed, cause millions to bleed.

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
« Reply #85 on: October 20, 2010, 03:23:58 AM »
Alright, summary time:

Soul Reaver's flying now (thanks to a levitation spell) to escape the fiery earthquake.

He's currently above (and partially behind) Abaddon, and has thrown Blooddrinker.  The sword is homing in on Abaddon (and can change trajectory if it needs to) from the other side.  The blade is extremely sharp and would probably slice through his damaged armour at this point.  It's also moving pretty fast, though under normal circumstances Abaddon would probably bat it out of the air without too much trouble.

Unfortunately it's timed so that it will strike around the same time Jharm will, so he'll have trouble contending with both attacks.

Blooddrinker is mainly just a distraction though, designed to force Abaddon's attentions elsewhere and to increase the chances of something (either Jharm or the blade) hitting him.  The moment something hits (or Abaddon does something that clearly distracts his attention), Soul Reaver is going to hurtle diagonally downwards and punch him in the middle of the torso REALLY HARD - thanks to Soul Reaver's speed and strength, it'll be like being hit by a point-blank cannonball.

The attack will leave Soul Reaver somewhat open to a counterattack if it doesn't smash Abaddon away (or at least daze him) though.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 04:50:27 AM by Soul Reaver »

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #86 on: October 20, 2010, 02:49:38 PM »
Due to an inability to keep up with the boards for personal reasons, Fei has requested that I remove his character from the current battle. I have complied. His character will be retired until such time as he deems himself able to post regularly again and the Battle Master can write his character back in.

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
« Reply #87 on: October 20, 2010, 04:00:03 PM »
Due to an inability to keep up with the boards for personal reasons, Fei has requested that I remove his character from the current battle. I have complied. His character will be retired until such time as he deems himself able to post regularly again and the Battle Master can write his character back in.

I hope he'll be back soon. :(

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #88 on: October 21, 2010, 07:41:18 AM »
Faidth has requested that I handle the initial post for bringing back some missing NPCs that have been inexplicably missing up until now. I am making this post with Battle Master authority, but I will not be replying to any of your attacks. Faidth will handle that later.

Well... except that's not entirely true. There is one character post that I will address.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 07:44:09 AM by Starblade|MKIII »

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
  • Who wants to build a sand castle?
« Reply #89 on: October 21, 2010, 10:59:24 AM »
Faidth, you have an amazing memory :P  Thanks for the save!

Buh, Kitharsis is focused on Abbadon's back.  Otherwise he would have freaked at Danyael nearly falling into the magma.  And I couldn't make it so the timing seemed right without Kitharsis standing still for too long like a dolt.

Offline Danyael

• Chapter Master
  • Get out of yourself and grow.
« Reply #90 on: October 21, 2010, 11:34:46 AM »
He then closed his eyes, lifted his head, outstretched his arms and resigned himself to his fate, leaning back and letting himself fall into the depths below where the torrents of magma consumed him, leaving nothing left.

As Danyael falls towards the molten rock, a flash of blue lights the area just below him. A crackling hiss fills the air as the superheated magma suddenly solidifies in a burst of intense, bone chilling cold. The rocky maw created by Abbadon to swallow up the companions freezes in place. Massive crystals of ice form over the structure, making it look more like a glacier.

Danyael is caught just before he smashes into the now solid magma. Garr, the lunar Elemental, sets him neatly on the frozen surface. Kari, the water Elemental, stands close by. She is winded from expending a large amount of energy. But her ice pulse did it's job and the Despoiler's attack has been foiled. Garr nods to the seraphim.

Seriously? Just going to disregard what I wrote? Just like that? ??? 

And I may be wrong.. but I don't think Danyael's a seraphim.  :-\
"Yeah, well, ya' better have a spatula where we're goin' cause my ass is frozen to this yak!" :o

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
    • First post after joining the board battles
« Reply #91 on: October 21, 2010, 11:48:13 AM »
He then closed his eyes, lifted his head, outstretched his arms and resigned himself to his fate, leaning back and letting himself fall into the depths below where the torrents of magma consumed him, leaving nothing left.

As Danyael falls towards the molten rock, a flash of blue lights the area just below him. A crackling hiss fills the air as the superheated magma suddenly solidifies in a burst of intense, bone chilling cold. The rocky maw created by Abbadon to swallow up the companions freezes in place. Massive crystals of ice form over the structure, making it look more like a glacier.

Danyael is caught just before he smashes into the now solid magma. Garr, the lunar Elemental, sets him neatly on the frozen surface. Kari, the water Elemental, stands close by. She is winded from expending a large amount of energy. But her ice pulse did it's job and the Despoiler's attack has been foiled. Garr nods to the seraphim.

No but Jharm is and he said that if he dies today may his death be  worth it.  He was speaking towards me.
Religion and greed, cause millions to bleed.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #92 on: October 21, 2010, 01:18:33 PM »

You don't decide what happens. The Battle Master does. And as that post was made with the authority of the Battle Master, I am allowed to decide if you land in the lava or not. It's the same as if you say you dodge an attack. Just because you SAY you dodge it, doesn't mean it can't still hit if the Battle Master decides the dodge was insufficient.

Next time, if you have a plan and don't want the Battle Master to interfere with it, post an OOC about it. You basically left Faidth with no idea what you were trying to do, which lead to the misread reaction from me. The OOC that you DID post, which you proceeded to delete after I had already read it, also lead me to misread what you were trying to do.

I meant to say nephilim, not seraphim. I'll fix that now.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 01:20:22 PM by Starblade|MKIII »

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
« Reply #93 on: October 21, 2010, 03:59:51 PM »

Eh, it's all part of the fun.  I've had some of my awesome attacks ruined by ill-thought-out attempts by other characters too.  If we all knew how everything was going to turn out we might as well be writing the story all by ourselves.

By the way, should I be posting the results of Soul Reaver's attack yet (which, from what I can tell, is actually going to result in something quite different than you guys are expecting)?  Cameron's last post kind of makes it sound like I should, but Abaddon hasn't posted a reaction yet...

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #94 on: October 21, 2010, 04:20:36 PM »
Soul, wait until Abbadon responds, then should the attack be executed as you wish, you may then post the resulting effect.

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
« Reply #95 on: October 21, 2010, 07:13:58 PM »
Soul, wait until Abbadon responds, then should the attack be executed as you wish, you may then post the resulting effect.

Ok, I'll wait.

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #96 on: October 22, 2010, 10:15:27 PM »
I'm in the process of working up the next post. Really, it's just a matter of how I am going to coordinate all your attacks. I'm looking at having the post up by Sunday, but I won't promise anything for certain. I can assure you that it will be up no later than Monday night.

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #97 on: October 24, 2010, 12:17:50 PM »
Soul, please post the results of your successful attack.

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
« Reply #98 on: October 24, 2010, 04:38:51 PM »
Hey Cameron, I just noticed in your previous post that you said Kalana enchanted Soul Reaver's right hand (which you said he had pulled back in preparation for his punch) with psychic runes - but if you read my previous post, you'll see it was actually his left hand that he had pulled back (for reasons that should now be clear) and he was just using his right hand to guard.  I assumed Kalana wouldn't make such an obvious mistake so I assumed it was the punch-ready hand that she enchanted.  Might want to edit your previous post to say 'left' hand though, if you don't mind.

Anyway, on to what just happened:

Soul Reaver just socked Abbadon with a very powerful punch (what with Soul Reaver's strength and his big run-up), but other than the effect of Kalana's runes, the force of the punch isn't augmented in any other magical way.

What it did achieve was to deliver a Seeker rune into Abaddon.  He's now cursed/enchanted in such a way that the caster of the rune will be able to make almost any projectiles or spells target (and track) the cursed individual.

Because Abaddon is thus cursed, Soul Reaver can now unleash his real attack (which he cast with the help of Blooddrinker's energies): those motes of light floating around him can project powerful destructive beams, but normally fire very inaccurately.  Due to the Seeker rune though, they're all focussed with dead accuracy on Abaddon.  Oh, and after a brief recharge, they'll be able to fire again.  Needless to say, it's going to hurt.

For the closest approximation of what the beams would normally do/look like, see: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xkNyzzn-ss

EDIT: Forgot to mention: in theory, other spellcasters in the area, if skilled enough, may be able to attune their attacks to the Seeker rune too and use it to help their own targeting.  It would depend on how powerful they are and how much they know about runic magic though, and would require a few moments to initially pull off.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 05:26:50 PM by Soul Reaver »

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #99 on: October 24, 2010, 05:15:36 PM »
Hey Cameron, I just noticed in your previous post that you said Kalana enchanted Soul Reaver's right hand (which you said he had pulled back in preparation for his punch) with psychic runes - but if you read my previous post, you'll see it was actually his left hand that he had pulled back (for reasons that should now be clear) and he was just using his right hand to guard.  I assumed Kalana wouldn't make such an obvious mistake so I assumed it was the punch-ready hand that she enchanted.  Might want to edit your previous post to say 'left' hand though, if you don't mind.

Semantics. I will remove any indicator of what hand it was.